Will Smokin' Joe Frazier be here?

And how bout that Bob Seger album

"Smokin OP's"

Mac60's photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:05 PM
Will Smokin' Joe Frazier be here?

Mac60's photo
Fri 02/01/08 06:49 PM
I thought my "OK" was implied. But to make it official...OK.

Mac60's photo
Fri 02/01/08 06:45 PM
Open for business, matchmaker?

Mac60's photo
Fri 02/01/08 06:35 PM

Nah I dont read.if the book is good enough they will make it a movie,and if they dont make it a movie Im glad I didnt waste my time reading it.:wink:

What's the old saying? It's better to keep quiet and let people think you're igorant, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt? Yea, that's it.

Mac60's photo
Fri 02/01/08 07:47 AM

Read Atlas Shrugged, as well, and Anna Karenina.

My favorite book of all time is probably "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson.

Holy cow! Someone else read this book. This was a great book. I especially liked Katz. He was the star of the show.

I may just read it again now.

Mac60's photo
Fri 02/01/08 06:57 AM
First of all, if you send 30,000 more troops into an area, I would hope that you get some results. Second, and most important. Is there an exit strategy in there somewhere? Senior Bush did not take Baghdad for this very reason. He knew there was no viable exit strategy.

So is the answer to stay there indefinitely? How many more American lives are we willing to lose and how much more money that we don't have are we prepared to spend?

Mac60's photo
Fri 02/01/08 05:41 AM

Hope you are right, Leah. But either way I will NOT vote for a Republican come November. Every one of them had a chance to stand up to Bush and tell him he was wrong(and maybe even criminal) on a whole slew of issues. But they all kept quiet, with few exceptions. McCain even caved on the torture issue, signing on with some watered down language rather than a blanket "WE DON"T TORTURE". Very strange coming from someone who experiened torture first hand.

I agree! I think we should use a different approach in getting information from high level war prisoners in order to save lives. We need to be like the rest of the world and, say, offer them jelly filled doughnuts and coffee with the morning paper of their choice in bed if they so desire. Kill them with kindness.Kumby friggin ya. laugh

Sometimes I just cannot believe the things that people say here. Well listen up, Mr Zap.

Torture is the refuge of the lazy, the stupid, and the pseudo-tough. Why would a tortured man tell you the truth? He will say anything to stop the pain.

And wouldn't you enjoy being a captured American soldier in the hands of an enemy who knows his comrades have been tortured by Americans. I'm sure you would enjoy having your fingernais pulled out one by one; or whatever else they could come up with to get back at Americans.

Mr. Zap, you are inhumane and your arguments are poorly reasoned.

Mac60's photo
Thu 01/31/08 12:18 PM
Hope you are right, Leah. But either way I will NOT vote for a Republican come November. Every one of them had a chance to stand up to Bush and tell him he was wrong(and maybe even criminal) on a whole slew of issues. But they all kept quiet, with few exceptions. McCain even caved on the torture issue, signing on with some watered down language rather than a blanket "WE DON"T TORTURE". Very strange coming from someone who experiened torture first hand.

Mac60's photo
Thu 01/31/08 08:48 AM
seems like most people on here are more interested in general socializing than trying to focus on meeting a potential significant other.

Mac60's photo
Thu 01/31/08 06:25 AM
Don't you have to be a boxer before you can be an x-boxer?

Mac60's photo
Thu 01/31/08 06:17 AM
I'm not so sure, leah. The Clintons are master politicians- never to be counted out.

I also must emphasize that though I am not supporting Hillary in the primary, I will support her in the general if she is the nominee. Bush and the spineless Republicans in Congress who have been his rubber stamp have screwed this country up royally.

Whoever the Democrat is, that's who I'm voting for.

Mac60's photo
Thu 01/31/08 06:09 AM
The Young And The Restless. For an all news and sports kind of guy this is really out of character.

Of course, they make it easier now because you canwatch Soapnet at night if you're not home during the day.

Victor was cleared of the murder charge. Here's betting that David Chow is the real culprit. Interesting that Victor's estranged wife Nikki is now engaged to David Chow.

Mac60's photo
Thu 01/31/08 05:53 AM
Down to 4 now with Edwards out. McCain would have to be the favorite on the Repub side, though don't count Romney out. Many Republicans hate McCain(listen to Rush Limbaugh) and may turn to Romney as the Anti-McCain.

On the Dem side, if you look at recent polls, Hillary is ahead by substantial margins in the big, delegate rich atates- NY, Calif, NJ, Mass. Obama leads in Illinois, his home state.

So though I am personally supporting Obama, signs point to Hillary AT THIS POINT. In politics, a week is forever.

So then we have Hillary vs. McCain. I am a Democrat. You know how I will vote.

Mac60's photo
Thu 01/31/08 05:39 AM
Edited by Mac60 on Thu 01/31/08 05:41 AM

I agree with you...trying....My view is...i would rather have out troops OVER THERE....protecting us..then having this war on our soil. They brought the war to us...so we took it back to them...

Unbelievable that a good deal of the population still thinks that Saddaam Hussein was responsible for 9/11. Bin Laden is probably in the Afghan-Pakistan border area, yet we do not go after him. We've lost thousands of lives and spent billions of dollars invading and occupying Iraq(and still no exit strategy), who had nothing to do wih 9/11 and did not threaten us.

Go figure.

Oh and I'll be voting Democrat whoever the nominee is. A Democrat will eventually end Bush's boondoggle in Iraq. Hopefully, soonner rater than later.

Mac60's photo
Sun 01/27/08 03:38 PM

This is the depression support area, right?

Well anybody ever felt like this? I sometimes have the feeling that if somebody offered me 2 choices:

A) $100 million tax free, or:
B) Cancer and I'll be gone within a year

I'm not sure which one I'd choose.

Well in my book if i chose the 100 million i would probally contract cancer so I'll take the money and take my chances.Mac life is hard and we all have felt like you do at one time or another.hugs..

Karen hugs to you and thanx for the chocalate.How's the piece coming?

Well thanks for the words of encourgement, cutelil. Especially the humor. Humor is a great remedy.

Mac60's photo
Sun 01/27/08 02:56 PM
This is the depression support area, right?

Well anybody ever felt like this? I sometimes have the feeling that if somebody offered me 2 choices:

A) $100 million tax free, or:
B) Cancer and I'll be gone within a year

I'm not sure which one I'd choose.

Mac60's photo
Wed 01/09/08 07:44 PM

Honey if he really had strong feelings for you like you think...
He would not be in a funk.....You deserve better than that.......tell him to get the funk out......

Right on. Sh-tcan the Loser.

Mac60's photo
Wed 01/09/08 07:41 PM

Was Obama there??huh laugh

laugh
Way too funny Fresh....But yes....
In a previous life he was there.
In fact, i believe he was the unborn
alien child that was delivered.

You all knew about that, didn't you?

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25