Community > Posts By > Mac60

Mac60's photo
Mon 12/03/07 06:46 AM

A Monty Python movie.

But "The Life of Brian" was a better movie.

"I'M NOT THE MESSIAH!"

Mac60's photo
Mon 12/03/07 06:31 AM
A Monty Python movie.

Mac60's photo
Mon 12/03/07 06:18 AM
I grew up in the DC area. Was fortunate enough to go to a lot of games through the years. Saw em beat Dallas 26-3 in the '72 NFC Championship game. Saw em beat the 49ers and Joe Montana in another championship game. I bled Burgundy & Gold. But...and I never thought I'd say this. I don't care anymore. Not since Snyder bought the team. I could go on and on about that little jerk-off.

But I know how you feel, dude. I used to go through the same thing.

Mac60's photo
Sat 12/01/07 09:18 PM

Hell NO!!!... he shouldn't go...give his spot to Jim Rice...drinker

Jim Rice is a borderline HOFer. And yes, Barry Bonds should still go to the Hall of Fame. Unlike McGwire or Sosa, Bonds was a HOFer even before his 'roids period.

gotta be from SF

Mac60's photo
Thu 11/29/07 08:47 AM
My last word on this subject:

It was not my intention to pass judgment on anyone. No one's perfect. Shoot, I made a mistake in my post about people making mistakes. So if anyone was offended by my post, I apologize. It was merely an observation and nothing more.

I don't think any less of you because your English is not perfect.

Mac60's photo
Thu 11/29/07 05:39 AM
This is a horror story that, unfortunately, there are way too many of today. What makes people do such horrific things to innocent people. I wish I knew.

In regards to the death penalty, there was a telling moment in last night's Youtube Republican debate. A question was directed at any candidate that considers himself a "Christian conservative". The question was about the death penalty and "What would Jesus do?".

Gov. Mike Huckabee, who happens to be an ordained minister with a Theology degree, explained why he was in favor of the death penalty. The moderator, Anderson Cooper, then asked him what the questioner had asked- What would Jesus do? Huckabee answered with a joke that Jesus was too smart to run for public office- and got a lot of laughs. But, he did not answer the question. Why? Maybe he was afraid that an honest answer would contradict everything he had just said.

I am opposed to the death penalty precisely beacause I believe in God. God gives life. We have no right to take it. These people who commit these awful crimes will someday have to meet their maker.

And God's justice will pevail.

Mac60's photo
Wed 11/28/07 08:52 AM
NO...to Bonds, McGuire, Sosa and all the other cheats.

Mac60's photo
Wed 11/28/07 08:50 AM
Well balanced.

Mac60's photo
Wed 11/28/07 07:57 AM
It seems that in this country that if there's even one lump of coal in your snowdrift, you are black.

Mac60's photo
Wed 11/28/07 07:42 AM

i know and i've been asking that same question.same as calling Tiger Woods a Black guy,he's 1/2 chinese

No he isnt.

He has a Thai mother.

So he could be still classed as an Asian-American ..

or .. just "the guy from the States, who can play a bit of golf" :wink:

you sure?i could have swore i heard Tiger say his mom was Chinese and not Thai?huh

I can confirm that Tiger's mother is Thai. I like to say that he is definitely "Black Thai".

Chinese or Thai your point is a good one, JT.

Mac60's photo
Wed 11/28/07 06:03 AM
Don't know anything for certain, JT, but I also have a hunch that there is more to this story.

Still, very sad.

Mac60's photo
Tue 11/27/07 09:46 PM
I was born in the 60's, too. A little too young to BE a hippie, but old enough to remember them.

Mac60's photo
Tue 11/27/07 09:42 PM

A lot of green tea now that it's cold outside.

I like the reds better than green...man this feels like a deja vu post LOL

laugh laugh

laugh You weren't a hippie, were you?

Mac60's photo
Tue 11/27/07 09:34 PM
A lot of green tea now that it's cold outside.

Mac60's photo
Tue 11/27/07 09:32 PM
Interesting things to ponder, franshade. If you want some good reading on politics and elections, go to this website:

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/

It's run by Larry Sabato, a politial science professor at the U of Virginia. Excellent analysis on elections and the political process.

Mac60's photo
Tue 11/27/07 09:21 PM
Edited by Mac60 on Tue 11/27/07 09:22 PM
Kat,

You would probaly enjoy AM radio after midnight. Alien abductions, parallel universes, conspiracy theories galore. And other assorted whacko stuff. Puts me to sleep almost every night.

Mac60's photo
Tue 11/27/07 08:50 PM
As much as I despise George Bush, I can't believe that even he could do something as awful as 9/11. Or have advance knowledge of it and do nothing about it. I d believe that he took his eye off the ball, what with briefings titled "Bin Laden Determined To Strike In U.S.". He is guilty of negligence, but no, 9/11 was not an inside job.

Mac60's photo
Mon 11/26/07 09:58 PM
I don't know why Obama is constantly referred to as an African-American. This is only a 1/2 truth as his mother is white as paste. So, it would be just as accurate to refer to him as a white guy.

Mac60's photo
Mon 11/26/07 09:41 AM
Worry not, my grammatically challenged friends. I do not carry a badge, nor will I seek prosecution in any form. You are all safe.

Mac60's photo
Mon 11/26/07 09:16 AM

I am not an English major but I do have a Bachelor's in Journalism, which is close enough due to all the English classes I had to take. I am pretty darn nitpicky about grammer myself.
Becca

As long as we're nitpicking, Becca....

grammar: g-r-a-m-m-A-r

Ugh!!! I can't stop!