Community > Posts By > Mac60

Mac60's photo
Sun 11/18/07 09:01 PM
Great time to be a Beantown sports fan. I'm stuck with the sad state of affairs in Washington. But Terp basketball will rise to glory this year.

Mac60's photo
Sun 11/18/07 08:54 PM
Put em all in a baseball prison. Bonds, McGuire, Sosa, Palmiero, Canseco, (add you favorite drug induced home run hitter here), etc. Probably should throw Brady Anderson in there, too. I mean, come on. Brady Anderson hitting 50?

We all sensed that something was amiss. And now we know what it was.

Mac60's photo
Fri 11/16/07 08:21 PM
Edited by Mac60 on Fri 11/16/07 08:21 PM
Ozark Mountain Daredevils

Mac60's photo
Fri 11/16/07 08:18 PM
Despite a slew of recent polls findings Americans unhappy with Congress, a new USA Today/Gallup poll finds that the majority of Americans still hold a favorable opinion of the Democratic Party. 54% of respondents viewed Democrats favorably with only 37% holding an unfavorable opinion of the party. The Republicans faired far worse, receiving a favorable opinion from only 40% of Americans while being viewed negatively by half.

These numbers, should they stay consistent, could set up another bad election cycle for Republicans in 2008.

Are you a Democrat or Republican? And how do you plan to vote in 2008?

Mac60's photo
Fri 11/16/07 08:10 PM
I have blue eyes, too. Do I win a prize?

Mac60's photo
Fri 11/16/07 08:06 PM
Good to know there's some like you out there, DaVinci.

Mac60's photo
Fri 11/16/07 08:02 PM
Edited by Mac60 on Fri 11/16/07 08:29 PM
Go back with him and you might as well tattoo

.......DOORMAT........

on your forehead.

Mac60's photo
Fri 11/16/07 07:57 PM
Oh! It's the big one! You hear that Elizabeth? I'm comin' to join you!

Mac60's photo
Fri 11/16/07 07:55 PM
There's a whole whack of guilty ones out there. Unfortunately for Bonds, he lied under oath about it. Hey, does Bonds know George Bush? Maybe Bush can get him off like he did Scooter Libby.

As far as I'm concerned, McGuire and Sosa can go to jail with him.

Mac60's photo
Fri 11/16/07 09:12 AM
Agreed, Southern.

They are both equally dishonest. And that's pretty bad to say that you are equal to Nixon in dishonesty. The difference is that Nixon, despite his paranoia and dishonesty, had a clue about how to run the country.

Mac60's photo
Fri 11/16/07 08:45 AM
A country has to choose fairly between two options to spend its limited resources: for guns (through defense spending), or for the people (through spending for jobs, education, health care and other domestic priorities).

Yesterday, President Bush chose guns and stiffed the American people.

He vetoed a bill that funds cancer research. Investments in our schools. Job training. Protection for American workers. And in its place, he signed a $459 billion defense spending bill.

There's rarely been a clearer example of President's failed priorities. Stand up for America's working families

President Bush called the Labor, Health and Human Services Appropriations Bill "irresponsible."

I ask President Bush:

What's irresponsible about making sure all of America's children receive a decent education? What's irresponsible about seeking a cure for cancer, so that it no longer claims mothers and fathers and brothers and sisters before their time?

If anything is irresponsible, it's the President's misguided priorities.

Issues like whether or not the U.S. should endorse torture shouldn't even have to be debated. Neither should funding for education, health care, and medical research. But that's exactly what's happened under the Bush Administration.

So how do we fix it? By electing a filibuster-proof majority Democratic majority in the Senate. A veto-proof Democratic majority brought us the Civil Rights Act. It brought us the Voting Rights Act. It brought us the Social Security Act.

It is time for serious change.

Mac60's photo
Fri 11/16/07 08:35 AM
You know, it's great to make jokes on here. And some of them sure are funny. But I'm getting the impression that nobody knows anything about any of the candidates. That nobody cares who gets elected. Well it's this colossally ignorant attitude that has got us into the situation we're in.

About 1/2 the population elects the president. Considerably lees than that on average elect our other state and federal representatives. Is this any way to choose people who make decisions that affect all of our lives on an almost daily basis?

Stop taking the easy way out by saying that "they're all crooks" or "they all suck". Make an effort to actually learn something about the candidates and about the process of electing them. Then and only then will the voice of the pepole be heard and we will be on our way to improving this great country that we are fortunate enough to live in.

Mac60's photo
Wed 11/14/07 08:13 PM
3.09 in Western Maryland.

I also agree wholeheartedly with Lauren the Bitter.

Mac60's photo
Wed 11/14/07 07:59 PM
The only woman I remember was the "Fabulous Moolah". Just read that she died recently.

Mac60's photo
Wed 11/14/07 01:00 PM
Yea. Some of the stuff they served to Hoppy and Smitty.

And...I've just got to say this....

" Shut up, Dummy! "

Mac60's photo
Sun 11/11/07 07:16 PM
Maryland.

Leaning towards Edwards.

Mac60's photo
Sun 11/11/07 08:47 AM
From Harry Truman:

"If you want to live like the Reoublicans,

you better vote for the Democrats."

Mac60's photo
Sun 11/11/07 08:39 AM
Wait til Jan. 2009.

Mac60's photo
Sat 11/10/07 09:33 PM
glad i could help...I wonder if Spongebob is on this late. Seems like he's always on.

Mac60's photo
Sat 11/10/07 09:29 PM
I'd grab a brew and turn on some Spongebob.