True - :smile:

leveller1's photo
Sat 09/25/10 02:32 AM

I never get a hangover...........smokin

Obviously not doing the drinking thing properly then :tongue:

leveller1's photo
Sat 09/25/10 02:27 AM

wish i was drunk ...

Ah - but by now you might well have a hangover - at which point you'd probably wish you hadn't been ... :wink:

Besides - how on earth do you type when drunk? For a start you've gotta decide which keyboard to use. Then you've gotta figure out a way of keeping it still - and that's before you've remembered what language you actually speak ....

leveller1's photo
Sat 09/25/10 02:24 AM

wish i was drunk ...

Ah - but by now you might well have a hangover - at which point you'd probably wish you hadn't been ... :wink:

leveller1's photo
Sat 09/25/10 02:20 AM

No such thing ohwell

Yeah there is and I got him...happy
god is the only perfect guy

who ever said god is a guy frown

Yea - with all that moody stuff: (especially in the older book) - if there is some god thing - it's just got to be a woman ...:wink: tongue2

leveller1's photo
Fri 09/24/10 09:06 AM

This online dating thing is just not seeming to work. I've been at this for about 4 months now, and I've been on a plethora of dating sites. I met a guy here on mingle2 when I first joined and the first date was great, and I really liked him. The feeling even seemed mutual, but I never heard from him after the date. Since then I've had two guys stand me up, and no good luck with any of this. Any suggestions? I know I'm young, but I've got so much pressure from my family to date since I've never had a serious long term relationship.

First impression - seems to me that your family are the cause of your problem here. You should not feel pressured. It's not like nipping out to the supermarket for a tin of beans this dating thing. I am sure that when the time is right FOR YOU - then you will meet up with someone special - HEY - maybe just like waiting for a bus in the UK, you end up waiting for ages - then four come along at once ....

At the end of the day though - please don't allow anyone to pressure you. Dating and relationships are just one part of life - and overall - life should be FUN.

leveller1's photo
Thu 09/23/10 03:05 PM
Hey - welcome to Mingle .Don't let the b***ards grind ya down. Maybe he didn't want to hurt your feelings - but lacked the courage or just the words to let you down gently. On the other hand - maybe he's just a JERK. Either way - you are most probably a lot better off without him. The future starts now - enjoy yourself. :wink:

leveller1's photo
Thu 09/23/10 02:58 PM

First, things are not like this today. People have come a long way. But, we evolved some 100,000 years ago and people back then were exactly the same as we are today. They just didn't have all this education and technology at their fingertips. But, we evolved to live in that environment of 100,000 years ago and really haven't changed much sense. What worked well back then often gets in our way today.

Both men and women evolved to cheat a little. We know this because of several features we have in common with more promiscuous species. It has to do with insuring the survival of offspring and acquiring the best genes in a mate.

Men cheat because by having sex with a number of different partners he can increase his number of offspring and therefore spread his genes farther and wider into the future. He doesn't think about this of course, it's just his evolutionary programming. So, no matter how good his woman's genes are, he will still feel a need to cheat. That doesn't mean he has no choice about his actions though.

For women it's different. No matter how many partners a woman has, she cannot increase the number of her offspring. So, she looks for quality. Maybe she's not of the best genes herself (in other words, she's not a 10), so she had to settle for a second rate male. But, her genes are good enough to attract a first rate male for a short romp. If she does conceive, she doesn't have to tell her second rate husband anything. She can cuckold him and he may think the child is his and bring it food and other resources.

A woman may also choose a man with vast resources, but then cheat with a good looking man, or an artistic man. Then her pretty, artistic offspring can enjoy the vast resources of her wealthy man.

Many people don't like these ideas, but they are well established notions in evolutionary psychology. If you'd like to learn more, a very good place to start is a book called "The Red Queen" by Matt Ridly.
[/quote

Whew - real glad you said all that and not me. Actually having read a fair old amount of the anthropological evolutionary psychology stuff myself I concur. One of my most frequently deployed arguments is that in many areas of human interaction our base instincts are dictated by genetic programming to some extent. Consequently, if we are to make informed choices about our actions, then it is useful to appreciate where some of these feelings come from. Another good example is racism: (one of my MAIN pet hates amongst the plethora of negative human tendencies) Our hunter gatherer ancestors lived in a world in which a particular area of land could only support a finite number of people. Consequently some degree of hostility towards strangers was advantageous as it ensured that a suitable distance was maintained between tribal groups - whilst at the same time, this was tempered somewhat by the contradictory imperative to widen the tribal gene pool. For similar reasons, an individual perceived to be 'different' (ie - socially awkward, weak, disabled) within a tribe might also find his or herself subjected to hostility: (one of the roots of bullying?)

Interesting stuff indeed - but many people in our modern world have lost touch with the inner being. We can and really should understand these inner motivating factors - because then we can make rational informed choices about how we act and by so doing - as a race of beings, we can finally begin to grow up.

leveller1's photo
Thu 09/23/10 05:05 AM
RULES?!! Never have appreciated those things much - besides which I can never remember them. On a slightly more serious note though - obviously people should take care of their personal safety. After all, the chances are that you will be meeting a stranger - unless you consider some internet chat to be a good way of really getting to know another person. As a consequence I would suggest that for a first meeting - as has already been stated by at least one other mingler on this thread - a day-time meeting in a public place is a good idea. Take it easy, relax and 'tune in'. Listen to your instincts and enjoy yourself.

leveller1's photo
Thu 09/23/10 04:48 AM

hell no, this is the time when love will rely be needed.
imagine how she would feel learning she has some disease and has to face her boyfriend or husband, if anything i would probly pay more attention to making sure she is not overwelmed with guilt.
and i would be looking out for ways to show her i realy love her.
i know what it is like to have a disease and be alone, i say if you found love and you know you have it KEEP IT AT ALL COST.maxtek73
fan of yahoo

Such a sweetheart..
it's a curable STD though which he contracted from her.

My poor friend, she's more than most likely overwhelmed with guilt. her boyfriend's not talking to her still and she's breaking down.

And to think, she's a victim as well of the situation. She's hurt both for herself and her bf

Your friend needs to not worry too much - it is NOT her fault and she is as much a victim as her boyfriend. Said boyfriend will come round; or at least - should do. If he persists in focusing upon his own sense of hurt and continues to fail to consider what the women he claims to love is going through - then the news just might be that your friend would be a lot better off without him.

leveller1's photo
Thu 09/23/10 02:51 AM
Looks like I missed out on the cake -but hey ho - gotta watch the figure and all that .... As for cheating - not something I have ever done; although it has been done to me. No - it isn't good - and cake - however nice doesn't really compensate. (slaps himself on head to clear sudden onset of seriousness) ...

The thing is - and this is only my opinion - whatever '****' happens in our lives, even the 'victim' often has some responsibility for whatever happened: (although by no means always - before any broken hearted souls jump on my words!!) This means that generally there is something we can learn - even from the crappiest sort of situation. In other words - even the blackest moments can produce a positive outcome; in so much as we learn, we grow and we avoid the path that led to that situation in future.

(hunkers down in bunker nervously ....:wink: )

leveller1's photo
Wed 09/22/10 05:31 AM

A sense of humour is good, obvious and cultivated serious mindedness is a certain precursor (for me at least) to search anxiously for the exit. Life is too short and our very existence at times too absurd to not see the funny side ....

I blame my parents ....

(for letting me watch Python at an impressionable age ...)

Monty Python was great.......loved Kids in the Hall too........I'm a squishing your head LMAO.....

:banana: and now for something completely different ...

leveller1's photo
Wed 09/22/10 05:23 AM

I would loose respect for them, as well as be angry at myself. loose repect for them becuase they do not have good judgement as well as poor decision making skills, and angry at myself for showing the same lack of judgement and poor decision making skills!

All in all, it would suck, and likely be a negative situation. I am unsure if it would be a relationship killer for me, I guess it would depend upon the specific STD (i.e. if it's cureable or not, or deadly or not)...

*sigh*

$.02 drinker

Dude - as far as I know, people don't generally go about with some sort of notice strung about their neck (or stamped upon their undercarriage) offering a full STD risk assessment. Obviously, one helpful rule might equate to numbers of previous partners - although even that fails to take into account a whole plethora of other factors such as whether or not they routinely use precautions, are or have been regularly tested etc. The fact is that it only takes one slip up - with the truth being that whenever we get all intimate with another person, we are (in STD terms) effectively having said intimate encounter with every partner they've had over the last 10 years or so: (including their partner's previous ones too ..... come to consider it ... uuurrgggh!)

At the end of the day - stuff happens and their is no real point in getting all hung up about it.

leveller1's photo
Wed 09/22/10 05:15 AM
A sense of humour is good, obvious and cultivated serious mindedness is a certain precursor (for me at least) to search anxiously for the exit. Life is too short and our very existence at times too absurd to not see the funny side ....

I blame my parents ....

(for letting me watch Python at an impressionable age ...)

leveller1's photo
Wed 09/22/10 04:57 AM
Edited by leveller1 on Wed 09/22/10 04:57 AM
"Ron

Good points Ron... however.

If she contract an STD unwittingly from some... she made a bad move. If I then contracted from her.. I made a bad move.

Where's my motivation to be angry at her?

Hell yeah I'd be unhappy about getting the disease... but it's no more her fault than it is mine.

So back to the OP...

Will I break up with her because of it? NO.
Will I hate her because of it. NO.
As grounds for breaking up our relationship it is, no big deal.

"

What he said ....

leveller1's photo
Wed 09/22/10 02:48 AM
Probably been said already - but hey ho .... 'Mind games' are NOT a woman thing in my experience - they are a people thing. Some people appear to delight in messing with your head - others do so without that ever being the intention: ('cos it has a lot to do with how we perceive the actions or words of another)- whilst others still are so clear and straightforward in their communications that they never appear to be in the mind game ball park. Just a wild stab in the dark - but I would guess that the majority of us fall somewhere in the middle.

leveller1's photo
Mon 09/20/10 12:46 PM

These days wise peopl ,architects,engineers,defense experts all over the world especialy USA ask for an enquiry and investigation regarding the unfortunate and surprising incident of 9/11. I feel free to comment on this mishap too: it is actualy the American and european people want to enjoy this world ,these people hav given birth to millions of Bastards who do not know their parentage..these peopl like open sex and they experiment sex in any and every form otherwise these are beautiful,honest,inteligent and rich people. But it's obvious these peopl dont like that some1 good wil interfere and disturb them while they enjoy french kissing in open yes 'the open sex'. So these peopl are scared and afraid of a religion like Islam...so were their leaders blair and bush scared of Islamic empire in Afghanistan and it seems 9/11 was planned accordingly to attack poor,innocent and religious peopl of Afghanistan...Iraq was blamed and searched for nuclear weopens and even the country was found innocent..it was targetted according to plan...Today the instability in the world is the consequence of that...now american and european peopl are not completly safe in the world and God knows ahead...we pray for peace and good to flourish and devil to vanish...aamin

Sadly, noone is safe to travel the world because there are bad people in all places in the world, US and Britain are no exceptions.

As to Bush and Blair, they are criminals.

They promoted and coerced an illegal "military action" which destroyed a lot of Iraq and killed 100,000s of innocent people on a totally false premise of WMD that did not exist. People falsely justify this military action on the premise that Saddam was a bad man but if that is the case there are lots of bad men in this world who we are not killing, why not?

So you are right in their criminality. And Americans just bought into the ******** lock stock and barrel.

As to the dangerousness of religion. Any religion that says that they are the righteous ones and all others are not is a dangerous religion.

Wonderful post Dragoness. Greed and the endless obsession with profit and the material rule our world. Just so long as this remains the case - (and that super rich minority global elite invest an awful lot of time and energy in ensuring that it does)- then there will be more innocents slaughtered in the name of whatever cause 'they' invent to hide their true motives. To add insult to injury - our political leaders send (in the main) the kids of our poorest to fight and die for their spurious causes.

leveller1's photo
Mon 09/20/10 08:22 AM
Oh yea - pet hates ... hmmmm ..... let me see .... Nope - don't think I've got many of those ... Apart from controlling people - oh and racists.

leveller1's photo
Mon 09/20/10 08:20 AM

OK - men who do not understand sex is a huge peeve

as in that there is soooooo much more than the physical -so much more and the more that he embraces that the better the physical becomes

if that makes sense u get a cupcakelaugh

Can I have a chocolate one then please ..:wink:

leveller1's photo
Mon 09/20/10 08:16 AM

Hey All,

I am new to this site. Recently single mother of 2 boys, looking to move on, but do things right this time.

I hope I can find whom I am looking for here.

Just take your time. I am new to this mingle thing too; but have noticed that there seems to be a lot of groovy people on these talk boards. Have fun, relax and (only my advice) - try not to be fixed upon meeting 'the one'. You never know who or what might be around the corner - just try to enjoy the ride.