Community > Posts By > leveller1

leveller1's photo
Thu 10/21/10 12:27 PM
Got divorced in 1998, had a year long relationship in 2003 - been single since. Situation doesn't worry me as it happens. I am a firm believer in the saying that you can only be happy with someone else when once you have accepted whatever might have happened in your world and are happy within your own skin. Carrying around a lot of unresolved stuff (otherwise known as emotional baggage) - then imposing it upon someone else is simply not fair - and frankly creates an unworkable situation in my opinion.

leveller1's photo
Thu 10/21/10 12:16 PM
Back to Penny wise (that lovely clown from IT) - anyone else noticed the close resemblance to Ronald McDonald?! Ah Ha - rumbled eh Ronald?! This explains why you insist on our kids eating cr**. :tongue:

leveller1's photo
Thu 10/21/10 12:11 PM
Must admit - I got sort of confused when I was a kid - out there in the school yard with teachers calling "Hey You" - Pink Floyd even had a song on the Wall album called 'Hey You' - thought I must be getting kinda famous - then I woke up and realized my name was in fact Paul .... :wink:

leveller1's photo
Thu 10/21/10 12:04 PM
No reason why a man can not be friends with a woman - whatever his romantic feelings towards her. I have several female friends - no problem there at all. You can also spin the question around of course. Several years ago I had a close friendship with a girl who made it obvious that she wanted more from me. I was always up front and honest with her. The truth is that I love her as a friend, but had (have) no romantic feelings towards her. For years - around about once every few months - she would bring out the old chestnut (her feelings for me) and I would gently explain that nothing was going to come of it as I simply do not feel that way about her - besides which - whoever happened to be her present boyfriend was unlikely to be impressed. Truth is these conversations were never comfortable ones - feels like you are really letting that person down; and I hate to see a friend hurting - but better that than simply going along with something dishonestly.

After a few years these occasional conversations stopped and yes - we have remained friends.

leveller1's photo
Mon 10/18/10 02:38 PM

I think if Iran gets the bomb it will be one less war we have to send our kids to fight. It seems we will only attack countries who cannot defend themselves and if I was president of Iran I would know the only thing I could do to save my people from the destruction Iraq has endured would be to defend the country. It would probably be in our own best interests if he should develope one anyhow, realy can we afford another war? would world opinion even let us contrive yet another reasone to attack another country? Lets stop pretending we have any legitimate right to even suggest it. By the terms of the nuclear non proliferation treaty the nuclear powers are required to eliminate their weapons in exchange for other countries not to develope them.

Spot on.

leveller1's photo
Mon 10/18/10 02:34 PM

Utah.
Don't like nazi's.

So are there an especially large number of goose steppers in Utah then?! Hey - here's an idea; there's a fair few nazis and associated smeg for brains over here in Blighty too - sure there are many more others could identify lurking in their areas. Why not designate Utah as some sort of Hitler theme park - offer all nazis a free holiday,(at the newly created Utah 'shiny boots & racist BS theme park) then close the border once they all get in ... happy

leveller1's photo
Sat 10/16/10 08:34 AM
Personally I'd send her to a conveniently remote island together with all the other right wing political nut jobs.

leveller1's photo
Sat 10/16/10 08:21 AM
People who deny all responsibility for everything that ever happens in their lives - the perpetual victims of our world if you prefer. At least try to learn something from whatever happens in your life - perfection is NOT a normal part of the human condition.

leveller1's photo
Sat 10/16/10 08:12 AM
Perhaps we're taking this a little too seriously here dude? "Psycho's and Moochers" - well their 'condition' is largely in the eye of the beholder. There are some amusing folk out there in internet land - just enjoy the chat would be my approach and if you do meet someone who appears to be a little psychotic - there's usually a reason for it - and it can be interesting trying to figure out what if nothing else ... :wink:

leveller1's photo
Fri 10/15/10 01:50 AM
The forums first attracted me to create a profile,as I have always been interested in the opinions of others and enjoy banter.Funnily enough - dating was and remains a rather low priority. This is probably a good job too - seeing as those I have exchanged messages with since mingling began in my personal world all happen to be on the other side of the pond.

As for sex - (my younger self would probably disassociate himself in utter confusion at this point, but experience is useful if you actually learn from it) - in the absence of feeling and genuine friendship; in my opinion at least, is fairly pointless and mechanical.

leveller1's photo
Fri 10/15/10 01:27 AM

I'm a gummy bear. Does that equal HOTNESS?

Better not get too hot gummy one - chances are you'll melt, then it would not be so much 'gummy bear' as gooey mess .... :tongue:

leveller1's photo
Wed 10/13/10 01:02 PM
So far so good. Here's a link to an article by John Pilger that kind of puts things into some sort of perspective. Not exactly comfortable reading - and in no way intended to take anything away from the wonderful work presently being done. It does kind of help a bit to explain why the President is so keen to 'be there' though ....

http://www.truth-out.org/chiles-ghosts-are-not-being-rescued64160

leveller1's photo
Wed 10/13/10 01:36 AM
Personally I find 22 (quackity quack) vaguely more amusing - whilst as for 42 - well it brings out the paranoid android ..... (hic ..)

leveller1's photo
Wed 10/13/10 01:25 AM
It is fantastic news. Hugh admiration for the Chilean authorities for not giving up on the search for survivors and for those companies who have offered support and practical assistance. It just goes to show what potential for good exists when people cooperate and work together towards a common goal without regard for borders; and where the worth of human life is not subject to any form of market valuation.

Now what's sad to note ....

Thousands of children under the age of three still die every day in our world for want of clean water. Many millions - indeed approximately two thirds of the world population still exist on the equivalent of a dollar a day. Many hundreds of thousands of people work and live in poor conditions and for wages that are not sufficient to properly feed and cloth their families - and the majority of these are actually producing clothing for large western companies (like Gap, Nike, George etc) whose 'codes of practice' are in fact not worth the paper they are printed on. In the so called developed world meanwhile, the gap between the richest and poorest continues to grow, whilst in the UK Government presses ahead with plans to virtually dismantle our health service - in the USA many people still face the daily reality of not being able to afford even basic health care.

In a world in which 'the Market' remains officially 'King', and inequality, environmental destruction, acts of war and exploitation remain 'a price worth paying' in order to preserve the global economic order, the rescue of those miners is a bright light shining in what remains still a very dark place for many.

leveller1's photo
Mon 10/11/10 01:58 PM
Name of one of my favorite bands - with a '1' on the end ....

leveller1's photo
Fri 10/08/10 01:43 PM
Edited by leveller1 on Fri 10/08/10 01:46 PM

Think that love for your kids, love for your family and even 'love' for your close friends are rather different animals than love for a partner. In my experience many people appear to confuse 'love' for that natural and often intense feeling we all experience during the early stages of a full on relationship. This is a part of the bonding process and usually - but not always I admit - before I get jumped upon by any random 'love bug' perusing these forums - tones down somewhat as the relationship matures. For those who seem addicted to this early stages rush of feeling and emotional need, once things begin to settle down: (and he or she realizes that mr or ms perfect does indeed have imperfections and might indeed actually occasionally do things that really pee you off) then 'love' has began to die.

Actually - for me at least - love is still wanting to be with that person, even when you do know all those annoying habits, even when there are times when you feel he or she is acting like a d**k.

Love for our kids most certainly is - or should be - unconditional. Love for a partner simply takes time to grow and mature - unless you fall really lucky. For what it's worth - in my world at least - don't be too keen to say those words (I love you) until you are really sure.That way you can avoid a whole lot of heartache.

Hmmm...why does love for a partner have to be any different to the love you have for your children, your parents/family/friends/country/pets?

Love without condition is as natural as breathing.

Love WITH conditions is something that requires practise, and diligent monitoring....

I'm really lazy...it's easier to just love, than to try and remember all the conditions, sub-clauses, retractions, agendas, and stuff.

oh...and by the way....I LOVE the Who of you.:wink: (is that something that evokes the 'creepy factor' straight away?...then that's YOUR conditions popping up)tongue2

spock tongue2 Check list ..... black socks, sock suspenders, brief case, bowler hat, rofl

leveller1's photo
Fri 10/08/10 01:37 PM
Well let's see - right now I'm 47 - that's until January 31st - then I get to be 48 ..... Maybe one day my mental age will catch up with chronological time; until then it remains stuck somewhere between 18 and 25 ....:wink:

leveller1's photo
Fri 10/08/10 02:18 AM
Think that love for your kids, love for your family and even 'love' for your close friends are rather different animals than love for a partner. In my experience many people appear to confuse 'love' for that natural and often intense feeling we all experience during the early stages of a full on relationship. This is a part of the bonding process and usually - but not always I admit - before I get jumped upon by any random 'love bug' perusing these forums - tones down somewhat as the relationship matures. For those who seem addicted to this early stages rush of feeling and emotional need, once things begin to settle down: (and he or she realizes that mr or ms perfect does indeed have imperfections and might indeed actually occasionally do things that really pee you off) then 'love' has began to die.

Actually - for me at least - love is still wanting to be with that person, even when you do know all those annoying habits, even when there are times when you feel he or she is acting like a d**k.

Love for our kids most certainly is - or should be - unconditional. Love for a partner simply takes time to grow and mature - unless you fall really lucky. For what it's worth - in my world at least - don't be too keen to say those words (I love you) until you are really sure.That way you can avoid a whole lot of heartache.

leveller1's photo
Fri 10/08/10 02:02 AM

Hmmmm....opposites attract....?

So a logical, obsessive compulsive, ordered, conventional and always prompt person, who prefers the great concrete indoors, would be attracted to me???

I think NOT!

Seriously....I'm rarely 'boxed in' by convention, far from staid, time and I have never been even remotely acquainted, I embrace the chaos theory in my day to day life and find humour in almost EVERYTHING, even the ironic...I can't be bothered arguing, but NEVER concede from my own personal veiwpoint/perceptions...if it's broke, I am compelled to work towards fixing it...and am my greatest companion...

and allegedly a Pisces with a bootload of Aquarian planetary backup...

so add in to the atypical (allegedly) addictive, ethereal, vague, dreamy, artiste,insecure, needy....etc etc traits of the Piscean, and I can REALLY see some opposite finding the above 'package' appealing...

...NOT!!!noway laugh

Yes - see what you mean Jess. At a guess I would say that your average anally retentive accountant sort might just find you a little challenging .... laugh

leveller1's photo
Thu 10/07/10 02:44 AM
Erm ... ahh ... (I don't know) ..... well let me see ..... nice day we're having ....:wink:

Previous 1 3 4