no photo
Tue 11/17/09 10:53 PM

all the beer manufacturers in America are German

even the big Mexican companies are German families

Corona

Negro Modela

Carte Blanca

all German

Yes very true. I didn't want to exxaggerate about my country since the topic is about tobacco. In the end the problems in America can hopefully be resolved to where the people are satisfied with the results. I have a hunch that they will be resolved. The US has been through alot and I am sure it can overcome this tripulation also.

At least I really hope so. drinker

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 10:49 PM
That practically everything you buy is from China. The plastic toys, bicycles, furniture, clothing, to the lightbulb you screw in to have some light at night to name only a very few.

I mean everywhere you look you see "Made in China".

Does it bother you that China is the largest debitor to the US?

Does it bother you that China helped get the US out of its recession?

If yes what will you do about it if you had the power to do something.

If no then explain why it doesn't bother you and what will the course be in the next 20 years for your country?

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 10:37 PM
Edited by smiless on Tue 11/17/09 10:39 PM

and beer!!

good beer

not like this nasty American stuff with no barly and too much rice

It is funny you said that for I had a budweiser once and found out that the hops to the beer come from Germany. Oh well you will be surprised to know how much influence German Americans have made in the United States. I could write a huge book of inventions made by German Americans, including food, laws, traditions, etc. etc. and how they helped the US become a interesting country for the world.

Then I could go on to tell you how important Germans were in helping to end the first and even the second world war. German Americans were the best spies America could ever ask for allowing them to catch up with German inventions to even compete with the innovative German scientists at the time.

Anyway here I am boasting about my country. Shame on me. In the end lederhose can get alot of pretty women at Oktoberfest in Muenchen. laugh

Oh by the way I hope your health gets better. Life is so precious and it is not seen often until one is sick or reminded. As a Red Cross worker I have seen enough poverty, blood, sicknesses, deaths to last 3 lifetimes. All I can say is my blessings go to you. drinker

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 10:28 PM

hahahaha I worked with many Zeiss engineers and they told me Bavaria IS the Texas of Germany

Well they have their hats, just they put feathers on them. You guys just keep it simple yet with good quality also. Those cowboy hats are pretty nice.

Then we have both have those leather pants, just we like to call them lederhose and often hit them with our hands when we dance. Of course I wish we wouldn't be so aggressive with ourselves. laugh

but you guys like to square dance. I don't know why you like to go around in squares. We prefer in circles. laugh

Anyway yes Bavaria is like the Texas of the United States. Very true. drinker

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 10:24 PM
Edited by smiless on Tue 11/17/09 10:25 PM
Actually there was a tablet found in 6800 BC in a cave of Germany. It showed the designs of how the universe was created and how everything started. You see the God that created everything goes by the name of "smiless", but had many names after that. Such names include Jesus, Buddha, Mahatma Ghandi, to name a few.

In the end I assure you "smiless" is well and alive. It all started with a small speck. Here it is -

------) . (--------

Now worship it for it is the most valuable information you will ever encounter. This small dot is what gave us everything we know now.

All love "smiless" for the creation of lifelaugh drinker

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 10:20 PM

hmmmmmm REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

that has a ring to it

actually it does have the right under the state and federal constitution of splitting itself into five new states if they decide to

that would be 10 new Senators and fifty or sixty new Representatives and five new Governors. big voting block if needed

thats considered the "nuclear option"

When there is a will then there is a way. If the people want it, I am sure they will do it.

If it is a good idea, well that is something that will have alot of opinions. I am sure about that. laugh drinker

yeah it would have to have 2/3 of the state legislature and then a referendum of the people. so it wouldnt be easy

but it was a condition of protection for Texas to enter the US

Texas always reminds me of my country state of Bavaria. They too always wanted to be independent from Germany creating their own country. If it will ever happen, I doubt it, but the people often criticize how the rest of Germany is doing its business wanting to seperate into a individual country of its own.

You would be surprised to know how many countries have this problem. Mankind will always find its groups for various reasons.

Well anyway, Texans are surely a unique group of Americans. That is for sure. drinker

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 10:10 PM

hmmmmmm REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

that has a ring to it

actually it does have the right under the state and federal constitution of splitting itself into five new states if they decide to

that would be 10 new Senators and fifty or sixty new Representatives and five new Governors. big voting block if needed

thats considered the "nuclear option"

When there is a will then there is a way. If the people want it, I am sure they will do it.

If it is a good idea, well that is something that will have alot of opinions. I am sure about that. laugh drinker

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 10:07 PM

I could imagine, but I am sure you have heard of the term "the wise fool" before. I guess that is what I was observing in movies and cartoons for many years.

For the tarot I could imagine it has different meanings like the one you stated. Very interesting by the way. drinker

Yes, the wise fool is also used in the Tarot.

Ah I see there are two fools in the tarot. Very interesting. Okay let me stop here. I am soo off topic, I might get shot down before I know it.

Anyway good to know. drinker

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 10:06 PM

hmmmmmmm...

I wonder if tobacco will grow in West Texas

If the growing conditions are good, I wouldn't doubt it. Texas is a huge state! Could be a country of its own if wanted. drinker

uhhhhhh

it was

yes very true and it can be again if wanteddrinker

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 10:03 PM

hmmmmmmm...

I wonder if tobacco will grow in West Texas

If the growing conditions are good, I wouldn't doubt it. Texas is a huge state! Could be a country of its own if wanted. drinker

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 10:02 PM

When taxes get raised for corporations, corporations will find ways to get around it. They pay it but will do something to the product to make up for it. For example make the boxes smaller, less cigerattes in a pack, cheaper quality by a few milligrams, etc. etc. The consumer usually is the one who suffers in the end and what makes it worse is we allow it to happen. frustrated

Yeah, well...when ( here in Michigan ) the tobacco tax has gone up somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500% over the last few years, yet the alcohol tax hasn't budged in 40 years ( the governor says increasing the alcohol tax would be detrimental to " Joe Average " ) I can't really hold it against the tobacco companies when they try to make a buck. Especially considering the breweries and distillers aren't being affected by unbalanced taxes.

Wow that is a huge percentage indeed. Well like I said everyone is trying to make a profit and the competition is fierce.

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 10:00 PM

The Fool has always interested me. For many years I have watched numerous cartoons in various countries that so happened to always have a character as the fool that represented cowardness physically, but great wit mentally.

How it all started? The history, the beginnings of such characteristics doesn't seem to be easy to find, besides looking at jesters in medieval times.

Anyway, I am sure we all pose this characteristic occassionally.

Sorry for being off topic by the way. offtopic

Please don't shoot me down!oops

In the Tarot, the fool does not represent cowardness at all. On the contrary, the fool is bold and reckless.

Clueless would be a better word.

I could imagine, but I am sure you have heard of the term "the wise fool" before. I guess that is what I was observing in movies and cartoons for many years.

For the tarot I could imagine it has different meanings like the one you stated. Very interesting by the way. drinker

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 09:59 PM
The joker from batman smiles all the time, but I am sure he isn't really smiling at all about the things he wants to do.scared

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 09:56 PM

yes, it's coming...:heart:

In which direction so I can be preparedlaugh drinker

Awww..i wish i knew, guess we need to just be aware at all times, keep looking, keep learning, keep meditating on it, keep our hearts and minds open.

Thank you for the good advice. I shall do this. flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 09:56 PM

When taxes get raised for corporations, corporations will find ways to get around it. They pay it but will do something to the product to make up for it. For example make the boxes smaller, less cigerattes in a pack, cheaper quality by a few milligrams, etc. etc. The consumer usually is the one who suffers in the end and what makes it worse is we allow it to happen. frustrated

it's not so much the corporations finding a way around it as much as the people demanding a product at a reasonable price without gouging from their own government

Very true and in the end everyone is just looking out for their own. Oh well that is the nature of mankind I suppose. grumble drinker

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 09:54 PM

yes, it's coming...:heart:

In which direction so I can be preparedlaugh drinker

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 09:49 PM
The mysterious of what we know about "aura", "mana", "force", "organic energy", remain in different opinions throughout the world.

What makes it interesting is many believe in something they can't identify, but can feel for some reason. Some even call it a type of faithful energy that they can go to.

It is interesting topic that could have so many answers to them. Thanks for sharing your view Jamesdrinker

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 09:46 PM

What would the world be (at this moment of age) for humans without the invention of writing or even drawing? Would we have had developed still or the chances of this is minimal at best?

I think the state of the world would be exactly the same as now even if we did not invent writing.

I take a couple of examples from nature to illustrate my point.

Birds did not invent writing. Yet they form complex social ties in couplehood. They did not invent writing, yet their state of consciousness is the same as at present. Their mental/emotional development was not retarded by their not knowing writing -- they are just as much modern birds as if they had invented writing.

Humans have skyscrapers and airplanes and mp3 players, but they would have them if we had never invented writing. Just like the birds and the chipanzees as individuals and as societies or social relatives have progressed to their BEST culminating at the present, man would have progressed to his best as well. And since our best is how we are at present, and since we would have progressed to our best even without writing, I state that the present state of the human's world would be exactly the same as now even if humans never invented writing.

----------

The "mundanity" of writing: The recordings of bills of lade were made to ensure that the transporter (ship captain, caravan leaders) and his men did not steal. Merchandising in Levante had progressed to a very complex state (without writing -- as was my point earlier) and one part of the complexity was that traders did not move their own goods, but hired men to move them. At the receiving end the contractual trade partner could verify the shipped goods, and receipt them. The bill of lade was at first made with little clay statuettes, like cows, sheep, bales of wheat, etc.; and these were baked to harden; then these were placed in a clay shell and that baked, too. So the receiving trader had to break the outer shell to see what was sent, as per the invoice.

Good enough: it was tiresome and time consuming to make litte sheep and stuff out of clay, so the tradesmen developed a symbolic way of depicting the goods.

And the rest is history. (Written history.)

A very good observation and perhaps you are right about this. drinker

no photo
Tue 11/17/09 09:46 PM
Okay I guess everyone is on the same page here. laugh drinker

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25