Community > Posts By > smiless

no photo
Fri 02/12/10 10:06 AM
One is always productive even if one doesn't write on a screen that day or week. I mean every writer has different methods, yet I believe one can still be productive if one didn't write that day.

and here is why....

You sit in front of your screen with a blank screen and nothing works. You start the same sentence 10 times writing it differently to only delete it and ponder further.

No problem!

Get away from the computer and watch a old episode of Seinfeld or something. Have lunch and pig away. You are actually thinking about the story at the same time. Sometimes without even knowing it.

Why?

Well you sat there in front of the computer wondering what to write. So you where thinking about it. Then you probably are thinking about it while watching Seinfeld or eating lunch.

It is formulating and processing as you do your things....

Then suddenly out of no where you begin to type.

Why?

Because your mind had the opportunity to first find dialogue through your day to day activities.

There are times I don't write a whole week physically, but in my mind.... I have a chapter written already. Yes it comes in drops...but it is formulating to a story that is urging my finger tips to type later on.

Writing a story isn't a rush job. It takes time. It takes patience.

and even when you have written it, it is not completed in many cases.

You let it marinade......

Let is sit ......

and come back to it to only shake your head and say "Wow what a mess! Need to change that!"

so here you are fixing glitches until the chapter flows as smooth as butter spreaded on bread.

My suggestion... Don't worry! You are writing each and everyday even if you are not physically doing it.

Good luck!

no photo
Thu 02/11/10 05:34 AM
I have 5 novels written and 1 children's book. 1 of them is free if you are interested email me.

I have it online to read or to download.

The title - Darkness Awakens - 533 pages

It is a Sword & Sorcery Medieval type novel that offers beievable characters, humor, adventure, and romance. It also comes with illustrations that I have drawn and a neatly created map to track the characters travels.

Writing for writers is the air they breathe. If they can't write they can't breathe. That is how important writing is for writers.

I have to put in at least 2 hours a day writing or my day isn't complete. In otherwords, I don't feel productive.

I wish everyone much luck in their writing endeavors. happy

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 09:46 PM
Yes I am doing good thanks for asking. flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 09:36 PM
If you like my artwork and want to see more then email me. I have plenty to show. drinker

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 09:32 PM

hello smiles good to see yadrinker

My Brother! I hope life is treating you well. drinker

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 09:32 PM

Smiless.happy flowers

Hi beautiful. I hope all is well. flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 09:27 PM
I believe in love and that is most important:heart: drinker

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 09:09 PM
laugh drinker

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 08:57 PM
Hello beautiful ladies. It is always good to hear from you. I have been so busy with my own websites lately that I haven't stopped by. I apologize for this. I hope everyone is prosperous, healthy, and happy. flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 02/06/10 08:46 PM
Hello fellow Minglers,

It has been long since I last posted yet I greet you with much anticipation. Some of you old timers may have remembered me way back to when this site was called Justsayhi when I was hosting in the game forum “The Green Dragon’s Inn” a D&D type roleplaying game.

Yes those where the times when we had over 70 players enjoy each other posts acting of a fantasy roleplaying character of some sort.

Well I am about to start up a new game again based on swords and sorcery. If you are interested in trying out such a game then let me know. It is guaranteed fun and a lot of exciting adventures are awaiting you.

If interested send a email or post in this forum.

Yours truly,

Smiless

no photo
Sun 12/06/09 07:28 PM
Join my Star Wars fansite. Link is on my profiledrinker

no photo
Fri 11/20/09 12:49 PM
I will take mine with cream and sugar pleaselaugh drinker

no photo
Fri 11/20/09 12:14 PM
May the force be with youdrinker

no photo
Fri 11/20/09 12:11 PM
612!laugh

no photo
Thu 11/19/09 11:38 PM
Well what it is worth, I hope that a stabile global economy will occur with everlasting peace. That would be nice to have, although I do feel anxiety for those people who really are not treated fairly with their wages and humanitarian rights. I also doubt things will get alot better since the world population is rising at alarming rates in alot of countries.

Anyway, good luck on your debates no matter which direction you swing.drinker

no photo
Thu 11/19/09 11:16 PM
Edited by smiless on Thu 11/19/09 11:20 PM

Here's another thing.
Did you know that in 1917, business, dividends, and interest accounted for 54% of all income taxes collected by the Fed.
While individual Income tax accounted for only 26% of the total.

But, by 1970, business, dividends, and interest accounted for only 12-13%.
While individual Income taxes accounted 83.19% 0f the total.

Before 1917 most of the tax collected by the Fed was in Protective tariffs.

This makes alot of sense. I mean alot of the big businesses have their headquarters outside of the United States making them excempt on paying taxes.

I can clearly see how the government wants more people in their country working to get more taxes into the system, yet how will they do that if no businesses will be attained in the country. I mean the corporations will have to build more businesses here in the states for the people to work to pay taxes. As it looks like so far they rather put their manufacturys in China, India, etc. etc.

Perhaps foreign investors will step up since the dollar has become a bit weak.

We shall see what happens.

no photo
Thu 11/19/09 11:10 PM
Edited by smiless on Thu 11/19/09 11:13 PM

...smiless so what youre saying is that because these people wont grow a set and unite to fight their own government than its the american's fault..we had our own wars to affect change many years ago..but i guess it would have been easier and selfish if we just ran off to another country where those people stood up for themselves to achieve a better life..

..now about these wages where they can only afford so little because of american plastic toys or nikes or whatever as opposed to the nothing at all wages they would be getting if these items werent wanted by the "american's"..

its their governmenbt thats keeping them poor not americans ..maybe they should unite and stand up for themselves rather than running off to other countries and whining about the americans...so in reality its their lack of courage to fight for change that is at the root of the problem....the americans just make for an easy excuse ..i suppose its a matter of perspective....smokin

Actually it is the international banks, WTO, and Fed Banks that lend money to those countries with high interest rates that prevents the country from ever getting out of debt.

Now since they knew that the countries cannot get out of debt they will then use other alternatives to get their money back like installing these corporations into the country and putting in slave labor work raping its resources to get the goods we want over here.

Yes I am surprised that these countries don't fight for their rights. That they don't have a revolution in say no! Perhaps it is too late and besides alot are tired and weak from the lifestyle they are having.

I am just not a big supporter of mega corporations and these international banks, WTO, Fed Banks. I think this is going to ruin the world one day. I really hope I am wrong, because it just doesn't look good for alot of these countries. Maybe America will pull it through. I mean they have went through alot of hard times before, but with such a split society with such huge difference of opinions across the country, I wonder if it will always be a stalemate or the same story year after year after year when it comes to important subjects.

What I am saying is yes Americans should really think about the future of their country and stop acting like everything is going to be okay. Many believe that they will recover and things will go good again. It surely isn't what alot of economists are saying you know. They are saying this is just the tip of the mountain. Harder times are coming.

Can the 12 trillion dollar deficit be paid off? Will it continue to rise?

How much more can you afford to have 500 bases across the world?

How long can you continue to fight the wars in the Middle East?

How long will the corporations determine on what is best for the country when it really is all about profits and not the welfare of the people?

These are good questions with alot of various answers. In the end I am just opening dialogue for you guys to think about.

no photo
Thu 11/19/09 10:36 PM

Smiles why don't you step into a K-mart or Target store?Those people are getting paid minimum wage jobs and I don't see any illegal's working there.Ask people what they make working in a amusment park.Gas stations,burger kings,Mcdonalds,minimum wage jobs.Your fantasy world of illegal's working in factories for under minimum wage is just that.Don't you realize that everyone working there has to be documented and on the payroll?You really think they are going to get away with out paying the minimum wage and taxes?You think a company is going to stupid enough to try it and risk getting shut down for probably hundred of violations and fines of hundreds of thousands of dollars?I know what I know because I have worked no less than 44 blue collar jobs in my lifetime.I have worked with a great deal of illegal's and nobody is going to risk losing the company by violating federal and state work statutes.They get the job by using fake ID's and fake SSN's.By law they make minimum wage.

Construction,mechanical,upholstery,etc are skilled trades and demand good wages.You ever wonder why you see so many illegal's cruising around in $20,000 cars?They are good workers and good at what they do.You don't own a house and drive around in a Escalade by making minimum wage working at burger king.You have a fake ID and a skilled trade,you can easily make $15.00 a hour.I really don't think the company cares what nationality you are as long as you are going to make them money.

I see this is going no where and it doesn't make sense to continue. In the end just remember that my fairy tale world that you so heavenly describe should be reevaluated 15 years from now. You will then start to understand what is really going to happen if Americans continue to go this route and perhaps say, yes he is right about this. I don't wish any ill will on Americans, I am just making aware of what is happening to your country.

I hope for your sake and many others that good decisions will be made. If not then the unemployment rate will continue to rise and illegal immigration will continue to rise also with it, because corporations will want them for cheap labor. With ID and fake documents coyotes create.

Good luck on your opinions and strategy of what you think is right for this country.

no photo
Thu 11/19/09 10:03 PM
Edited by smiless on Thu 11/19/09 10:10 PM
Wow you guys really need to get out of your country more and see what is really going outside of it. No wonder you guys are not liked that much by alot of countries. Always watching the news channels, researching on the internet and then claim to know how it is like over there without even stepping foot onto its land. I call that the Roman Empire syndrome. It surely has gotten hold of you good!

Those countries that pay poor prices for their workers truly are suffering with very little. You can find excuses all day long that they have decent wages and a good life, but it is simply not true. This is the reason why they want to come to America, because even 40 dollars is a fortune of money for a days work. They even get a chance to rest after working 10 hours over here. Ask them how much sleep they get over there!

Yes the rent and food is cheaper over there but in comparison they can only afford some rice and salty fish for that day. Many have to cram up in one place just to pay the rent. Their children are actually starving and need medical attention. Many of them are not living as well as you think they are.

And yes some parts of each country have the wealthy who exclude themselves from the rest of the country and its poverty. I am not talking about them, I am talking about the majority of the population that are trying to really make it through each day. Each day is a challenge and it is a big one.

Fair prices, fair business ethics, fair humane rights??? Yeah right. You guys really need to travel more and see for yourself.

I have been to alot of those countries that you guys are talking about and have seen it first hand through the profession I practiced. I have communicated with them and everyone one of them would rather live in this country then where they are now and for good reason. Are they thankful to have a job, of course, but that doesn't mean they are happy. They are not allowed to complain at their job or they will not only get beaten, but also fired at the same time. When interviewed they have to hide their faces if they are to tell the truth of how it is like over there for they don't want to lose their job or get searched down and beaten.

Corporations are fierce over there and they will do whatever it takes to ensure that their stay is profitable. They care less of the conditions of the people. As long as they get their merchandise completed and shipped over here for the cheapest prices. Have you looked at the percentage of win they make when selling it over here?

Yes China is advancing rather quickly compared to alot of countries, but that doesn't exclude alot of the regions that are suffering from poverty at the same time.

So in the end it is not relative. There is a complete difference of life style that you Americans take for granted. They don't have the opportunity to own internet, radio, television, clean appliances, etc. Yes they have those things there, but many can't buy or go to them because they simply don't have the money to do so. They are living day by day.

China is the exception in many parts now for they are an economic boom house for the last 10 years. Every huge corporation is tending business over there.

America played a huge risk when getting involved in these countries. As soon as their labor stops what will you Americans then do when you don't get your gap tshirts, furniture, plastic toys, nike shoes, tires for the car, candles, weights, etc. etc.

Will you work for very low prices each day? Do you think Corporations want to pay the prices you ask for each hour when they can get cheaper labor else where? Labor Unions? Don't bet on it. If a corporation doesn't comply they won't and go else where if have to. Have you thought about this?

Concerning Americans working those jobs for low wages over here in the states? I haven't seen many Americans doing them. Show me some Americans doing construction work, picking vegetables at a farm, seperating organs from cows. The majority doing these jobs are foreigners because they will do it for a low price that Americans find utterly ridiculous to consider. The minimum wage that Congress has set is the lowest an American will go. Anything below that you will only find illegal immigrants doing without complaining.

Wow with this mentality it won't be long before you see some dramatic changes in this country that will surprise you. You can blame the democrats or the republicans, but they won't care. Each and everyone one of them made their money and have bought their mansion including having a fat savings for their retirement.

The question is... will you have achieved this for yourself or will you continue to slave your hard hours to help Congress and its cabinet members achieve their pension and mansion?

Wake up! You are getting raped left and right without even knowing it. Keep supporting and voting the same way. Soon you will see how you get the run arounds all the time realizing that nothing has been achieved to your satisfaction.

It is time for a new party, a new beginning, and a new system that can truly work for the people. Not just some people, but everyone. A third party in America! Yeah, I have a hard time believing this will happen, yet who knows maybe after Americans had enough of the run arounds they might find those parties you never hear of quiet appealing.

Good luck if you think otherwise. I do hope that the mentality of America will change. Not only for the children, but for future generations after that. drinker

no photo
Thu 11/19/09 09:03 PM
Tao is good for youdrinker

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25