Community > Posts By > sweetequity

sweetequity's photo
Mon 09/06/10 09:00 PM
Sorry, I say "eh". laugh

sweetequity's photo
Mon 09/06/10 08:21 PM

Its like people like phone flattery and lies.

How about some old fashion honesty? I must be a crazy old fashion liberal who prefers honesty. I gotta stop that!

I'm not saying use pick up lines but surely you can find a way to be flattering and honest at the same time, no?

sweetequity's photo
Mon 09/06/10 08:17 PM
So close!

sweetequity's photo
Mon 09/06/10 08:11 PM
Edited by sweetequity on Mon 09/06/10 08:14 PM
With MetalWing
The silliest thing
Is that his flying cow-pig
Has paper wings

sweetequity's photo
Mon 09/06/10 07:57 PM
Rembrandt Toothpaste

sweetequity's photo
Mon 09/06/10 07:55 PM
I hate when you post a question (not on this forum) and instead of answering it either way, people go on rants about their personal lives and complain about things that have nothing to do with the topic.

sweetequity's photo
Mon 09/06/10 01:04 AM
Dear Ex's Mom:

Thanks for telling me that you didn't think I was good enough for your son. Now that I'm single again, I'd have to say that you're right. I'm not "good enough" for men who drink too much and don't work enough to cover their own expenses. In fact, I'm too good for that.

Thanks for helping me to "lower" my standards.

Yours truly,

Sweet

sweetequity's photo
Sun 09/05/10 10:48 PM
I left my ex...Although my ex was happy with the way things were, I was not. We tried to work it out for two years and come to compromises but some things just aren't meant to be, we were too different and growing in different directions. I felt it was better to be single than to be lonely and miserable in a relationship. It was the right choice and now we're good friends.

I haven't been this happy in a long time. When I was in a relationship, I got stuck in such monotony that I'd almost forgotten who I was. It's been a blast getting to know ME again and I am just starting to be open myself up to the idea of sharing my life with someone new.

I've met a few cool people, some of which have wanted to pursue a relationship with me. I however, haven't felt enough of a connection with any of them to do so... so yeah, still single but there's nothing wrong with that!

sweetequity's photo
Sun 09/05/10 09:32 PM
"Sharpies and cardboard? I has them!"

sweetequity's photo
Sun 09/05/10 09:28 PM
Being in love is hard to describe but there is a difference to me. I was at one time "in love" with my ex. Now I just feel love for him - all of the chemistry, romantic feelings, lust and sparks that once accompanied my love and care for him are no longer.

I also love my family members but am I in love with them? Me thinks not. I don't get butterflies when Aunt Pia walks into the room but I do love her to bits. ;)

sweetequity's photo
Sun 09/05/10 06:06 PM
Sorry this is long...

When dating online, not many people will look at a photo of someone they're not attracted to and say, "hey, this person is really not my type, I want to get to know them even more!"

Like it or not attraction is important. Attraction to someone is what takes a person from platonic friend to lover. The good news is that as long as you don't look like Elephant Man (well maybe even if you look like the Elephant Man), there will be someone, somewhere that is going to find you attractive.

You don't need to look like Brad Pitt, (though I'm sure it wouldn't hurt :P) to find a mate but if you look a certain way or don't look a certain way, then your dating pool might be a little smaller. It's the same with other factors like smoking, religion, kids, etc., people know what they want or don't want in a potential partner.

I'd suggest to try dating in person in addition to just on-line. Meeting in person increases your chance of making a personal connection with someone that goes beyond just your physical appearance alone. During a face-to-face conversation, you get the chance to tell people about yourself and let other qualities shine through that they might find desirable.

Lastly, if you are unhappy with your appearance or think changing it might increase your dating pool, it's never too late to change it. The time is going to pass anyway - might as well be happy with yourself when it does.

sweetequity's photo
Sun 09/05/10 03:21 PM
Men and women probably struggle with it just the same. It's no secret that women are more apt to vocalize it and demonstrate it in other ways...

sweetequity's photo
Sun 09/05/10 03:14 PM
Hi all,

I am new to the Mingle2 community as of yesterday and thought I'd say hello. I am Tori, 23 from Oshawa.

I look forward to talking to you!