Community > Posts By > MsLeeHM

MsLeeHM's photo
Sat 12/08/18 04:05 PM
My Christmas tree. It isn’t the tree itself but the memories that each ornament brings to me as I decorate it

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 12/06/18 08:19 PM

Does love sustains without physical intercourse for long?

Of course it can. Thousands of people, millions probably do it.

A relationship build on real love can withstand anything. Think about soldiers on deployment for months or years at a time or couples where due to illness or physical problems. The live doesn’t disappear.

There are a lot of reasons why sex isn’t part of the equation. Look at Chris Reeves who played Superman. After a fall from a horse he was disabled from the neck down. His wife didn’t leave. She stayed with until his death years later.

If it is real love and the couple are committed they will find ways to make it work.

New love can be the same. Believe it or not there was a time sex before marriage was not accepted. People dated and sex didn’t happpen until the wedding night. And many of those couples stayed together for the rest of their lives.

One of the main trouble for many relationships is where one person is coercing the other to have sex as some “proof” of love. Coersion has nothing to do with love.

MsLeeHM's photo
Mon 12/03/18 05:07 AM

I figured it's just more active because more vultures come out to prey on those who are lonely during this time of year.

But as most of you are saying, there are a lot of people who feel lonelier during the holidays.

Yes I was thinking about that too

MsLeeHM's photo
Mon 12/03/18 05:05 AM

Tis the season... I've been saying this for years- there are a lot of single people out there that have a strong need to find someone to be with during the holidays. It can be a lonely time of year for some. I notice that on a dating site, it becomes more active this time of year.

Yes that is what I mean. Studies show that even the suicide rate increases among people vulnerable people

MsLeeHM's photo
Sun 12/02/18 01:00 PM
So people aren’t alone for the holidays?

All of a sudden there are more responses and interest, I haven’t changed anything in my profile,

I know people get more depressed and fell lonely over the holidays. So is there some attempt to find someone perhaps just anyone so they won’t be alone?

MsLeeHM's photo
Sat 12/01/18 06:50 AM

It's possible that they ask right away about kids because ANY kids are the deal-breaker and if the answer is "yes", they'll move on.

But nowadays more than ever before, there is the possibility that ADULT children (and possibly THEIR children) may have to come back into the parents' household, due to losing a job, breaking up with their partner with no place to go, other serious financial hardship, etc. But them coming back into the household may STILL be the deal-breaker to some.

There's a;so *this*..which really doesn't apply to the original topic, but relevant to what Mike6615 said.

Many older people are having their kids move in with them to help tsake care of them, or one or the other parent so they don't need to go into a nursing home..
Just having someone there at night is comforting to someone who is not in good health.

So, for me..a guy over 50 who was living with a parent who needed them there..that would not be a deal breaker..
(most people won't date someone who lives with their parents.)
It's a hard job..one I admire anyone for doing.

Very true.

From my daughter’s experience with her ex he went to work everyday while she stayed home with a baby and her very sick mother-in-law who had Alzheimer’s and should have been in a home. The rest of the family left it to her to bath, change and feed her. I would not want to do what she had to do.

MsLeeHM's photo
Fri 11/30/18 05:01 PM

Then, you have the flip side of that..

The guys who yammer on about how their grandkids "are the most important thing to me...they are my life.."

Well then, *why* are youi looking for a partner/ GF?
She's be a poor second....if *that*...and no one wants to be second or third down the list..

Even worse are the 50+ year old guys with kids under 10...who *also* say their kids are the most imnportant thing to them/ their life..

No thanks.

Neither of my two long terms (including my late husband) had kids..and I'd really prefer a man who didn't have any.

I recently had a man with 2 kids under the age of 8 and he said his wife died. (How can there be so many widowers on these sites?). He was looking for a new mother for his kids and thought I would be wonderful for the job.

Excuse me? In 4 years your oldest kid will be 12 and I will be 70!!!

He didn't see that as a problem.

BLOCKED him

MsLeeHM's photo
Fri 11/30/18 04:56 PM

Maybe it's innocent. From my own perspective, if you have a relationship with some who has children, then it's inevitable that you have some sort of relationship with the children. That has implications. What if you split up, but had a good rapport with the kids. Or they hate you, I hate both my step parents, I could never do that to a kid. I have no kids, but love them, but just want a date, hopefully with a relationship further down the line, not to be a step dad. I see that as being upfront and morally decent

You have a good point. I think a revolving door of mom's boyfriends is very damaging to the kids. And once an attachment has been made it is damaging to the adults too.

I did not date while my kids were at home.

MsLeeHM's photo
Fri 11/30/18 04:52 PM

Well, I can tell you why I ask that question. Simply put, Too many mothers don't know how to let their kids go live there lives. Even after the kids are grown, they work and have their own families. But they are still right up moms backside. She won't make them tend to there business and leave her out of it. While other mothers want to know every time the grown kids pass gas.

Mom knows too much about there lives. And they know too much about moms. Many moms, you can't just date her, you have to date her kids and grandkids too. You go to see her, and just about every time you go, either the kids are there or the grandkids or both are there.

I've seen a lot trying to date women with kids. I even dated a woman that said she loved me and wanted to be with me forever. But, for whatever reason unknown to me, her 18-year-old son that was getting ready to head to college didn't want her seeing me. Her son got his way. Now she's alone and he's married and gone. But he still dictates to her who she sees and who she doesn't.

I know, it shortens the dating pool when you refuse to date a woman that has kids. But, women that don't have kids are easier to date and maybe make a connection with. They don't have all the other baggage tied to them.

Yes I can understand that. Mine live in another city so they are not underfoot. I think I would hate that. I love them and all but they have their own lives and I now have mine.

MsLeeHM's photo
Fri 11/30/18 04:49 PM

Not much creeps me out as much,
as total strangers on the internet,
asking about my child(ren).

yup That is exactly how I felt.

MsLeeHM's photo
Fri 11/30/18 02:17 PM
This last one was out of my age range and younger than my kids so that was strike one. He didn’t live near me. Strike two. Lived in another country. Strike three and I told him so. He sends a message back, “Do you have kids?”

Dumber than a doorknob. And yes, I blocked him.

MsLeeHM's photo
Fri 11/30/18 12:38 PM
Over the last couple of days I have had 3 men ask me almost immediately whether I have kids.

When a person contacts me I check their profile and check if they have kids and eventually will ask how old they are. When the profile says they have kids but they don't live at home, is that because they are:

Grown and on their own?
Young and living with their mother and he only gets visitation?

I have no problems with grown and gone. Mine are grown and gone.

I do have a problem if they are young. I'm retired and I don't want to raise more kids.

So I totally understand a man that doesn't want to raise more kids either and therefore asks the question.

Research supports the belief that some men who are more interested in children than they should be (sexual abuse) specifically target single mothers. So I do find it peculiar that 3 men have contacted me and all three asked about children immediately.

Now don't jump all over this. I don't suspect every man. If I did I would not be here. But this should be a question all single mothers think about before they bring someone home to meet the kids.

If you do have questions there are websites that will help you know what to look out for.

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 11/29/18 11:56 PM

I had an LDR after my marriage ended with a woman in Ohio. I lived in Mississippi. I loaded up all I owned and moved to be with her. I chose poorly. I ended up moving back to Mississippi alone after I realized that.
The LDR seemed great, she seemed wonderful, till I started being with her everyday, then I saw the ugly underbelly she hid from me.

If I can't see someone unscripted, in their natural environment, I'm just no longer interested. I am a spontaneous person. I might call my girlfriend up in the morning with plans for the afternoon or want to meet up for lunch. Thirty minutes to an hour drive is the max I will enter into a relationship with. Anything over an hour and its not going to be spontaneous.

INTERNATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS

I would consider seeing a woman from a different country that already has a green card and is in this country legally. I would not consider a woman that is here illegally and if I found out she was here illegally, I'd drop her like a hot chunk of steel and tell her to get legal or leave.

I once met a woman that was from Russia. She was legal. While I thought her customs were erotic and different she was so extreme, our personalities clashed.

The advice I can add...CHOOSE WISELY.

Agreed it isn’t for everyone. I would like to see my family more often not less often.

I married a man who lived in Canada just from a different province. BIG MISTAKE. He hid so much from me even during the 2 years we lived together before we were married. Missing the holidays with my family was really hard. And it cost a few thousand :moneybag:to move back. But the lies and his reactions to things when they weren’t going his way were deal breakers for me.

A very costly lesson

And I like being spontaneous and LDR don’t allow for that

MsLeeHM's photo
Thu 11/29/18 10:40 PM
I have done long distance and that didn’t work well for me. I’ve also done international and that didn’t work and was totally unrealistic.

First for the long distance is contact. Phone calls add up so you better have a really good plan. Then the visits. Some men think just because they came to meet you that means you will jump into bed with them. Ummm No. you are still a stranger to me. Getting to know a person face to face is very different that emails, phone calls and Skype. I still need to find out who you are and whether what you said before matches the person in front of me. No matter how long we talked to each other meeting for the first time is a new beginning and it takes time to see who that person is. I’m not into booty calls no matter how far you travel.

Then there is an international border. If you do hit it off someone will eventually have to move. This isn’t like moving from one city to another or one province/state to another. A little something like immigration is involved. So first you take time to build the relationship but one has to move. That means leaving your family, grown kids and grandchildren if you have them.

If money for family visits is tight them you might have some difficult choices to make.

And the immigration process can take at least 2 years and often longer. If you have not retired you would also need a work visa AND a waiting job for you. Or your partner should be rich enough to support you (sponsor). For some it might mean losing their pension which means you would be entirely dependent on the other person.

And it means that if you want to try an end run around the immigration process you need to get married.

Add in the cost if moving your belongings.

And what happens if it doesn’t work out?

So I have men say they will move anywhere. Today one person thought Ottawa was in the US. As far as I know Trump has not invaded Canada and the last time the US tried that we burned down the White House.

So geography. Washington is the capital of the USA.:flag_us: Ottawa is the capital of Canada. :flag_ca: We even have different flags.

So if you try international then a few months or longer to get to know one another and at least another 2 years before you can legally immigrate and be together.

Personally this is just not interesting to me at all.

MsLeeHM's photo
Wed 11/28/18 11:42 PM

It is Different...!!

Different than what?

MsLeeHM's photo
Tue 11/27/18 07:34 PM

It doesn't matter what other women are writing or look like. I believe in being yourself and being honest - or else you will not find what you are truly looking for. If they cannot accept you for being yourself, you are better off and it wasn't meant to be. :wink:

I totally agree but writing my profile was tough. It didn’t help that some men were professing a deep abiding love for what I said. Someone said a lot of women said, “Hi”. Then I read the women’s profiles and saw some pretty smart women here.

So I wrote what was authentically me. Either they get it or they don’t. I don’t need the ones that don’t.

MsLeeHM's photo
Mon 11/26/18 10:06 PM
Edited by MsLeeHM on Mon 11/26/18 10:07 PM
This is when a healthy dose of anger is justified. I’m not talking about the revenge kind of anger. That is toxic to you and everyone around you. And you could do something that makes matters worse.

There is another kind of anger, though, that is protective. It warns us away from danger. It puts up walls so that person can’t hurt us again. So we don’t keep hurting ourselves.

It involves repeating to ourselves things like:

I didn’t deserve that.
No one has the right to treat me that way.
I refuse to allow that person to take one more minute of my life.
I deserve better and I am going to find it.
In the meantime I will work to become the best me possible so I will be ready when the right person comes along.

Notice the statements are about you and how you want to be treated. They aren’t about her and they aren’t about pity me.

Make your own statements knowing you have a right to be angry and you choose to use that anger to protect yourself.

MsLeeHM's photo
Mon 11/26/18 01:15 PM

I did explain it. You chose to ignore it. That is a logical fallacy with JWs who refuse to deal with all the information. Just above someone said how JWs refuse to listen and only have their own agenda. They show up at people’s doors and ask them about their opinion but they really don’t care what the person thinks or believes. And if they are confronted with anything that goes against their beliefs they either find a scripture to do the talking for them or they leave. You have chosen to post scripture.

This is harassment. What they believe isn’t the issue here. The first post clearly said he was having trouble with the Witnesses. That is the topic and you have proven that JWs don’t listen.

They have been taught a lot of logical fallacies and use them all the time to avoid things they don’t want to deal with.
p

And yet you have posted disinformation about their beliefs in the afterlife. And you seem surprised that someone would correct you on it.

The explanation you gave was bogus. It does not explain how "hell" can be symbolic. You don't seem to understand what "hell" is. How can your life represent "hell" when it is finite?

Of course, I post Scripture. It is the only authoritative Chrisitan source we have. Your opinions are not taken as authoritative. Just so much hot air.

CLV John 5:39 "Search the scriptures, for in them you are supposing you have life eonian, and those are they which are testifying concerning Me,

We are commanded by Jesus to read and search the Scriptures. It seems that all you are doing is making up your own version of Christianity as you go along.

CLV Matt 22:29 Now, answering, Jesus said to them, "You are deceived, not being acquainted with the scriptures, nor yet with the power of God.

I said the JWs believe that when you are dead you are dead not burning away in some hellfire. There is nothing incorrect about what I said.

I also said that when a person states that something was hell to go through they are using the term symbolically to say it was terrible. They don’t mean they were actually on fire.

My last words on this

MsLeeHM's photo
Mon 11/26/18 10:56 AM

I am looking for a elder woman..If she is a foreign lady, more preferrable

huh Why is a "foreign" lady more preferable?

Older may mean she has more money to sponsor his move to another country

Mind you he doesn’t say what he means by that “elder” part - 10, 20, 30 years older? Is he looking for a mommy, a wife or a sponsor?

MsLeeHM's photo
Mon 11/26/18 10:50 AM
^ ^. ^
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9