Community > Posts By > Goingforasong

no photo
Tue 05/26/20 03:19 AM
Hope your writing is not as restricted as your chit chat.Although it would appear to be somewhat limited based on your interests.

no photo
Tue 05/26/20 03:09 AM
Me thinks you are using the wrong head for your thinking.

no photo
Wed 05/06/20 11:03 PM

Yah cuz I write jst not to make sense:v:

Well that makes sense.In other words it's all nonsense :wink:

no photo
Fri 02/28/20 09:23 PM

love isn't hard. what's hard is staying committed to the person you love. if you truly love someone you will choose the same person over and over again

Isn't that one of the definitions of insanity ? "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome" :wink:

no photo
Fri 02/28/20 02:27 AM

With apologies to any genuine Catholics here, I tell then I'm Catholic. I can tell you, it works.

That is a surprise because from my experience they love to point out how Catholics have distorted the Bible.However,they are not so keen at looking critically at some of their own distortions of scripture.

no photo
Fri 01/31/20 06:59 PM

I get the reasoning behind people having walls,
but to me, it’s just emotional baggage. Ain’t
nobody got time for that.

Common sense and using your gut instincts
AND listening to them, rarely fail you.

Sadly,these days common sense is no longer very common.

no photo
Fri 01/31/20 03:04 PM

Ok where do I get it??

Sorry if you haven't got one you missed out.Besides there are too many here already :wink:

no photo
Fri 01/31/20 02:46 PM
Just another knob ? (Arnob)

no photo
Sat 01/25/20 03:34 PM

then what is the reason for having breakup even in strong relationships

Depends on what you mean by strong.If you mean healthy,then the relationship would not break up.The question itself is contradictory.

no photo
Tue 01/21/20 08:01 PM

Here are the ladies...

Where da heck are the guys??????
drinker drinker drinker drinker

In the pub.

no photo
Tue 01/21/20 07:56 PM

You are correct in your assertion that the world is slowly coming to an end.It has been doing so for around 16 billion years.Each day that passes gets us closer to the end.

I didn't say the earth but the world! You would also have to proof that the earth is that old ;).
[Ecclesiastes 1:4] One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the EARTH abideth FOR EVER.

I didn't say the the earth either.It is also irrelevant how old the earth is.The onus is on you to prove the earth will last forever as the natural order of things is towards entropy.There are also several passages in the bible which say the earth will be destroyed.A good two way bet,one has to be right :wink:

no photo
Tue 01/21/20 03:22 PM
You are correct in your assertion that the world is slowly coming to an end.It has been doing so for around 16 billion years.Each day that passes gets us closer to the end.

no photo
Thu 01/09/20 04:35 AM

We exist in the now.
It is very easy to let memory dictate how we feel at any time.
If you live in the now, memory becomes the teacher.
If you live in the now, tomorrow becomes a possible path.

So many live in yesterday or tomorrow yet fail to live in today or right now.
Try giving right now a chance.
Its much easier to live in 'now' than to try to live in yesterday or tomorrow.

To do this requires you to let go of the memories and embrace right now.
You have to stop expecting tomorrow and recognize now as the actual state of being.

While difficult, it certainly is not impossible.
After-all you live in the 'now' whether you like it or not.

If you live in the now, you are creating new brain paths. So how can memory be the Teacher, Tom? :blossom::smiley:

We exist in a reality of memory.
Everything we are is a memory of what we have experienced.
It is that reality of memory that allows us to exist in the now.
The familiar things we identify with are based on our memories of experiences we have endured.
Its when we encounter something new that we expand our consciousness.
Without that expansion, we are destined to repeating the past.
For all we are, we become more by existing in the now.

I think it depends on the person. I have to hush my brain all the time. I have a huge issue with the trauma of my past. The past is not always a precursor to the future. You can change, you can think different. You just have to believe and have faith. :smiley:

I think it all depends on how much baggage you carry.
In the moment, there is no room for the past or the futer.
We create the issuses of the past.

Its a matter of just letting go of the past which hurts.
It sounds simple enough but many make it complicated.
The reality is, let go and live in the moment of Now.
Appreciate what the now reveals.
No matter how hard I try, I can't undo the past.
So why try?
Why not just live in the moment and go from there?

To a certain degree I agree with living in the now but to ignore the past is impossible.
Our past is what makes us what we are today.
To ignore what we are today is to deny the now.
Most of us have a future or at least we are counting on waking up tomorrow.
If I haven't got milk in my fridge for my cup of tea in the morning I am not going to be very happy living in that particular "now".So to enjoy living in that "now" it is prudent to make provision today for tomorrow morning.

I'm not really saying to ignore anything.
We gain wisdom from the past but we don't need to carry it around with us to be in the now.
The future is a prediction, nothing more.
As intelligent people, able to understand cause and effect, the future can be as we expect. It does take preparation and specific actions performed in the now.

The reason for this thread is for when the future does not go as expected.
Living in the now allows us to make sure the things in our control can happen. Usually by some type of action performed in the now.
If you go for milk and then some unforeseen thing happens preventing you from getting the milk. If you live in the now, you have the ability to cope with that unexpected event. Make changes to assure your expected future.

Living in the now allows you to use the wisdom of the past to assure a future. Its called wisdom.
However, when one focuses and lives in the past, the future is more uncertain. Mainly because there is no focus on what you have to do in the now to assure the future you expect.

Perhaps I am misinterpreting "living in the now".We talk of people living in the past or living for the future.I don't believe we have any option but to carry the past around with us.After all we are the product of our past experiences and our future is determined by how we use that experience to deal with the present circumstances.For example someone who works themselves to the bone saving for the holiday of a lifetime which might never eventuate or live up to their expectations sacrifices the enjoyment of living a normal life for a future pleasure.A simpler and different concept than what Crystal and River are talking about,which sounds like hard work to me.

no photo
Thu 01/09/20 12:07 AM

We exist in the now.
It is very easy to let memory dictate how we feel at any time.
If you live in the now, memory becomes the teacher.
If you live in the now, tomorrow becomes a possible path.

So many live in yesterday or tomorrow yet fail to live in today or right now.
Try giving right now a chance.
Its much easier to live in 'now' than to try to live in yesterday or tomorrow.

To do this requires you to let go of the memories and embrace right now.
You have to stop expecting tomorrow and recognize now as the actual state of being.

While difficult, it certainly is not impossible.
After-all you live in the 'now' whether you like it or not.

If you live in the now, you are creating new brain paths. So how can memory be the Teacher, Tom? :blossom::smiley:

We exist in a reality of memory.
Everything we are is a memory of what we have experienced.
It is that reality of memory that allows us to exist in the now.
The familiar things we identify with are based on our memories of experiences we have endured.
Its when we encounter something new that we expand our consciousness.
Without that expansion, we are destined to repeating the past.
For all we are, we become more by existing in the now.

I think it depends on the person. I have to hush my brain all the time. I have a huge issue with the trauma of my past. The past is not always a precursor to the future. You can change, you can think different. You just have to believe and have faith. :smiley:

I think it all depends on how much baggage you carry.
In the moment, there is no room for the past or the futer.
We create the issuses of the past.

Its a matter of just letting go of the past which hurts.
It sounds simple enough but many make it complicated.
The reality is, let go and live in the moment of Now.
Appreciate what the now reveals.
No matter how hard I try, I can't undo the past.
So why try?
Why not just live in the moment and go from there?

To a certain degree I agree with living in the now but to ignore the past is impossible.Our past is what makes us what we are today.To ignore what we are today is to deny the now.Most of us have a future or at least we are counting on waking up tomorrow.If I haven't got milk in my fridge for my cup of tea in the morning I am not going to be very happy living in that particular "now".So to enjoy living in that "now" it is prudent to make provision today for tomorrow morning.

no photo
Wed 01/08/20 06:22 PM
I've forgotten the question.

no photo
Fri 12/27/19 03:51 AM
Apparently Berlei are one of the biggest supporters.

no photo
Wed 12/18/19 08:15 AM

I'm of European descent too and have no connection with Scotland whatsoever bigsmile

That explains so much. I always thought Scotland was in Europe.

Only until the end of January.:joy:

And then it becomes part of Antartica ?

no photo
Wed 12/18/19 07:48 AM

I'm of European descent too and have no connection with Scotland whatsoever bigsmile

That explains so much. I always thought Scotland was in Europe.

no photo
Thu 12/05/19 05:44 PM

There is a limit to how much religious experience can be shared. Anyone want to meet me at 4AM tonight in a dream?

Surely you mean nightmare.

no photo
Wed 11/20/19 04:09 AM

does a mature lady could satisfy a young man who is still in a post break-up stage?

Not a good idea to try to mix and match.Either go for the mature lady or stick with the young guys.Greed gets you in trouble.Let me guess,you are from India.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10