Community > Posts By > Bubbuz

Bubbuz's photo
Tue 04/10/18 05:33 PM
German Shepherd, grew up with them and now rescue them, best breed in the world :blush::blush::blush:

Bubbuz's photo
Tue 04/10/18 05:27 PM

I'm brand new to dating three years after my wife's passing, and we were together eighteen years. At this point I'm ready to move forward. I've been on a two dates, one went well, the other not so much. My frustration is that almost all the responses I get seem to either want an instant family, or want me to be available at the drop of a hat. My daughter is seven and has been through a tremendous trauma, and I'm not going to introduce someone into her life if I'm not reasonably confident it will last beyond a few dates. I'm also not divorced, I don't share her with an ex. It's all the time, with support from some amazing friends. Plus I have a career. I'm finding it difficult to communicate that I want to start slow and casual, no long term expectations. I also don't need a hookup, casual sex or naked pictures. I realize this is a vent more than a conversation starter, but for the women, what are your thoughts on this. And for any widowed, younger fathers, I'd love to hear your experiences. There's not a lot of us around (which is a good thing). Cheers and be well.

I was married for 13 years when my wife died 9 years ago now leaving me to raise two daughters aged 8 and 14, I tried dating but there was always a block/ barrier as if I was overly protecting my girls, I was scared of relationships not working and thus having a traumatic effect on them ( like re living the loss all over again ) so I think I didn't really give any relationship a chance because of being overly protective to my daughters ( if that makes sense ) In hindsight though I wish I'd have been more trusting and less protective as now my girls are all grown up and living happy lives but I've no one, its a tough one to call tbh, you'll know in your heart if the right person comes along. Sorry for your loss, you got this :thumbsup::thumbsup:...... Its not an easy road but you'll get through it, wish you all the best