Community > Posts By > MelMaxx

MelMaxx's photo
Tue 02/28/17 12:29 PM
I wish I had this kind of outlet when raising my 2 children. It's good to have different views.

I have often encountered a child's friend that seems to clam up when an adult or other children try to talk to them and/or include them. From what you've described, I think she is Trouble. Take the stuff she does with the imitating/copying, then she also doesn't talk to others except on the phone. I don't think that is simply a shy person. She is conniving.

I also think you should ask your daughter if she wants this get-together to include both girls. You don't have to explain in detail why you are hesitant. Simply ask who she is inviting.

MelMaxx's photo
Mon 02/13/17 11:56 AM

Storm....this is my french press :smile:

MelMaxx's photo
Thu 02/09/17 07:16 AM

MelMaxx's photo
Thu 02/09/17 07:13 AM
I am thinking how nice it is when I pop in here to see what's up and peeps/regulars message me to simply say hello. flowerforyou

waving waving waving drinker drinker

MelMaxx's photo
Mon 09/19/16 09:49 AM

MelMaxx's photo
Tue 09/13/16 06:22 AM

...needin' some color 'round here. happy

MelMaxx's photo
Fri 09/09/16 05:55 AM

Good Mornin' Minglers drinker :smile:

MelMaxx's photo
Thu 09/01/16 08:19 AM
Are they sure it wasn't an act of terrorism?! tongue2 ....since EVERYTHING IS these days. whoa

MelMaxx's photo
Tue 08/30/16 07:01 AM
I don't accept because I haven't been offended by you. happy laugh

I agree with everyone else's posts above.:thumbsup:

MelMaxx's photo
Tue 08/30/16 05:50 AM

Your quite welcome, Rains. Today, I am not feeling so "giving" LOL. It is simply an ok morning. bigsmile

MelMaxx's photo
Tue 08/30/16 05:45 AM
Yes of course...who hasn't "butt-dialed". LOL, I call it that because my late husband kept his phone in his back pocket and butt-dialed home quite a lot laugh And, that WAS with a flip phone. I think the pressure of sitting on it, one side would press enough to push the buttons.

And, with these newer phones...I have accidentally dialed because I was swiping and didn't do it right. :tongue: laugh

What I don't like is when my elderly mother pocket=dials me. I hear talking and nothing clear and it makes my heart jump because I think she is hurt or something and trying to call. Then, I realize what is going on, hang up and after a minute I call back to make sure.
flowerforyou

MelMaxx's photo
Thu 08/25/16 05:45 AM
^^^^ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Was it really you, Rebel??!!

...or Grape Ape, like Conrad said.rofl

MelMaxx's photo
Thu 08/25/16 05:41 AM

MelMaxx's photo
Thu 08/25/16 05:27 AM
And Mr. Shamalamadingdong will probably be involved. tongue2 shades

MelMaxx's photo
Wed 08/24/16 05:45 PM

Found ya one OP......

..... she'll be using it alot as the relationship progresses laugh

OH MY, Rebel shocked ill whoa tongue2
ill ill ill ill ill

MelMaxx's photo
Wed 08/24/16 05:30 PM
You really need to know what the Gal likes....what is her fav colors, fav icon, is she into the nerdy things, disney....etc. The list is OH so long. I personally prefer a Coach (something similar to the pic below). I would LOVE to own a Prada Bag, but those are wayyyyyyy outta the $500 limit.

I am NOT 22 years old anymore. happy I DO know some 22 year olds who like Michael Kors, Coach, and Betty Johnson.

MelMaxx's photo
Wed 08/24/16 07:48 AM
I personally know someone who was in Rio for the whole 2 weeks-plus for the Olympics and this is an excerpt from his experiences there....
" would like to thank the people of Rio for treating us incredibly well during our trip. Special thanks to Antonio Carnout and his lovely wife Solange. We stayed at their house during our last four days in town. They made us feel very welcome, fixed us breakfast, conversed with us in English, and helped us find our way around the neighborhood. Just great people. Before we left the American media led us to expect that we were heading to a lawless hellhole overrun with criminals. What we found was a beautiful city with kind helpful people. I would encourage anyone who has the opportunity to travel to Rio to do so. Don't let Ryan Lochte and a bunch of people who have never been there convince you that you shouldn't go."

I too, have heard nothing but bad things about Rio from the beginning. When I learned that my friend was there, I was worried for him. He posted almost every day and the few MINOR issues he had were simply "normal" vacation-traveling issues.
I have ALWAYS said that the media only give us PART of the story most of the time and you have to weed thru it to get to the accurate/real parts.
I trust my Friend had a great experience. happy

MelMaxx's photo
Wed 08/24/16 07:30 AM
I MUST be stressing because these kind of things are all imma thinkin bout....

MelMaxx's photo
Tue 08/23/16 12:47 PM

^^^^DEFINITELY THIS!!!

Last weekend, my neighbor gave me a tomato and lettuce from his garden. I fried up some thick bacon and added mayo on a toasted pita pocket. It was HEAVENLY!!!!

I want some more bigsmile

MelMaxx's photo
Tue 08/23/16 11:50 AM
Yes and Yes.

Others have already pointed mostly the same as I'm going to say, but I wanted to put my 2 cents out there....

Yes, there are cliques here, but there are cliques everywhere in life IMO. When I first came here, I was VERY put off with all the little groups, but I learned (read a LOT) to just jump in when I felt I wanted my voice heard (just like right now :wink: ).
I too have always been somewhat shy/introverted and online dating tends to MAKE one HAVE to be outgoing or not-so-shy to get anything accomplished. From making that small (but not last or least) friendship to a full blown relationship with someone in the real world. And yes, I was looking for friends as well as a significant other.
I have found that significant other, but I still find myself drawn here to the forums to see what my "friends" are chatting about. I still see the cliquey-ness, but I'm not as shy as I once was, so I jump in with both feet (AND place said feet in mouth sometimes laugh ). But hey, it's all good...no, GREAT!! happy

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25