Community > Posts By > tonyvdb

tonyvdb's photo
Tue 10/22/13 08:46 AM
Thats a tough one, I can understand your hurt and dislike of your EX and that pain wont go away easy. My late wife was in a similar situation with her EX and as her girls got older they hated there father more and more on there own without us having to tell them what an idiot he was but the relationship with his other 2 children was actually decent until recently.
Supervised visits is a must in this situation particularly if they are young.

tonyvdb's photo
Mon 08/29/11 11:14 AM
Well, I am 42, I am completely open to someone who is younger if the person is interested. I dont think age is the factor that you should be concentrating on but maturity level and chemistry between the two of you. Go on a couple of dates and see how it feels dont back out before you give it a chance.
I know of several couples that have ten or more years age difference and they are still happily married for at least 30 years.

tonyvdb's photo
Wed 08/10/11 09:58 AM
Ok I know Im a guy but because my wife is not here (passed away from cancer) I have a thought. I wonder if your daughter is getting enough breast milk, It happened to my daughter as well. Cried all the time and found out even though she was trying to latch on she was not getting enough. Try supplementing her food intake with some bottled formula.

tonyvdb's photo
Tue 08/09/11 07:38 PM
Children are never a mistake, Thay are a wonderful gift. Im a single dad of two young daughters. My wife passed away from cancer. Im not young by age but I am defiantly not old nor do i feel old. I think having children keeps you young at heart and the love you get from them is amazing. I just wish I could find someone to share that love with.

tonyvdb's photo
Mon 07/25/11 09:07 AM
Is it hard to be a single parent, Yes but its also very rewarding.
I lost my wife to cancer so I am raising my two daughters by myself they are only 4 and 6 but they are so loving and special to me I would love to have the situation different and give them a mother but so far its not been easy to find.
I have to fill both shoes and at times its very difficult. I am so thankful for family and friends who have been helpful in many ways.

tonyvdb's photo
Wed 05/04/11 07:33 AM
I think it totally depends on the maturity of the partner. Im 41 but would have no issues dating someone much younger "if" they were mature and had it together. I would not go much older than I only for the fact that I have two very young daughters that I care for full time and I truly believe that a younger woman would be a better fit for them to accept as a mother.

tonyvdb's photo
Wed 04/27/11 08:00 PM
its definatly not something that says "I love you" thats for sure. its as if he is hanging on just in case he dumps you so he can still have is fun. This is not a good thing.

tonyvdb's photo
Tue 04/26/11 09:16 AM
Wow, thats low of him. Well, look at it this way at least you did not waste your time dating for several times to find out he was this way.

tonyvdb's photo
Tue 04/26/11 09:11 AM
You know, this is such a great topic because if life was fair and people were not so hung up on looks this world would be a much better place. I know so many people who have fallen for guys/gals for there looks get married and soon after realize that the looks are only skin deep. Its PERSONALITY and COMMUNICATION that make or breaks a relationship. If the woman can look past the wheelchair and see who you are as a person then a relationship can certainly work. Dont loos yourself in your wheelchair and your condition, be yourself. The right girl will come along.

tonyvdb's photo
Thu 04/21/11 09:44 AM
Every child is different, I have two daughters aged 4 and 6 (mother passed away from cancer) They are very different personalities, one (the 4 year old) is very aggressive and the other is very passive. I think as parents the best thing we can do is praise the good things they do and show them whats right and whats wrong. They watch every move we make and listen to far more than we think they hear.

Some discipline is also a must we rely on our schools and daycare to teach them and thats a bad thing to do. We as parents are the best teacher and we must take responsibility in giving them strong direction.

tonyvdb's photo
Sun 03/13/11 10:35 AM

Hello to All!!! Caribbean girl in NB loving this country, this culture and its people!! :heart: flowerforyou

Welcome aboard! Enjoy your stay with us :)

tonyvdb's photo
Sun 03/06/11 07:34 AM
Hello everyone, Canadian Guy from Edmonton chiming in :)

The odd thing about this winter is the "normal" amount of snow we have had this year??? "Normal", seems so much more but as a kid we certainly had as much if not more than this.

tonyvdb's photo
Thu 02/03/11 06:54 PM
Hi there, Im in Edmonton but a bit older than you anyhow if you want to chat feel free I cant email you because you have age restrictions in place and Im Just over that.

tonyvdb's photo
Thu 01/27/11 01:48 PM
Thanks, All I can say is I guess I just need to continue being patient.

tonyvdb's photo
Sun 01/23/11 09:06 AM
Thanks evryone for your comments,
I guess I am just impatient and because I have had very little interest Im just feeling left out. Finding local women or at least someone willing to come here is of course also a chalange.

tonyvdb's photo
Fri 01/21/11 11:13 AM
Hey everyone, It seems that women seem to shy away from people like myself I am a widowed dad of two young girls and I cant seem to find anyone who wants to get serious about a friendship.
I dont particularly want an older woman either and am more attracted to younger (age 28-38).
Do women not like the fact that i have children or is it that they think Im a fake?

Tony

tonyvdb's photo
Fri 11/05/10 11:12 AM
Very good comments so far, I also agree that first impressions can usually be what you gauge the person on. Generally a person will act the way they normaly do on the first meet and if they have a potty mouth or look around at other opposite sex in the room when they are supposed to be looking at you thats a bad sign (unless you like that sort of thing).

tonyvdb's photo
Fri 11/05/10 10:44 AM
Im a single dad of two girls aged 4 and 6 and that does seem to scare off many potential dates, Its tough as you need to fins a babysitter every time you want to go out. And for obvious reasons the girl is not comfortable coming over to my house on the first few dates :) But as already stated the kids are part of the package deal and once you get past the initial "getting to know them" stage it can actually be lots of fun.
Younger kids tend to accept a girlfriend/boyfriend fairly easy and if your around enough enjoy the company (at least my girls do). I can understand the dipper stage as that an even more difficult but once over that usually around age 3 to 4 it much less of an issue.

tonyvdb's photo
Fri 11/05/10 08:38 AM
Hi, I fully understand being a single parent myself although my circumstances are different as my wife passed away from cancer. Your entire routine is flipped upside down and you feel very lonely. The best advice I can give you is take little steps and dont be shy to ask family or friends to help. And dont stay locked up in your house, get out as much as possible even if you take the kids with you.