Community > Posts By > scttggry81

scttggry81's photo
Mon 05/02/11 08:08 PM

After reading tons of forum subjects on religion one thing I have realized is that those that have faith also believe it is logical and those that don't find having faith in a religion show their reasons that are logical to them.

And there is the problem....

When one explains that a certain parable or phrase in a religious book doesn't make sense or couldn't have been the words of a supernatural they are refuted.

When one explains that a certain parable or phrase in a religious book is actual words of a god or recordings of supernatural happenings is logical they are refuted.

This will be at stalemate forever as we will continue to watch thousands of more forums created with two views.

It has me thinking that perhaps it is the way our brains work to believe in certain ways. They did a research once about how republicans use different brain waves as opposed to democrats. I will have to look for the article. It was tested on 100 people so it wasn't a extensive study.....but I think it has perhaps some merit to it.

Do you have a deeper explanation of why there are two extremes of the both and no middle ground for many people concerning the theories of logic and faith?

Logic is based on scientific evidence. Belief of logical circumstances are based on things you can see, touch, test, and prove. Faith doesn't come from a logical mindset. It is based on something that cannot be proven. It is something that people believe because of upbringing, experience, and inference/implication. When somebody sees something that is unexplainable, much like a mirical, they have to place the reason someplace because logic says there has to be a cause/reason. Faith, by far is a more controlling aspect of human nature than that of logic. People want to belief in a higher power and a purpose greater than just living the short life they have on this planet.

Religion has one inherent problem, it cannot be proven. This also brings up the other idea which comes from science, it cannot be disproven either. The only fact that comes from it all is that religion/faith will always be there.

scttggry81's photo
Sun 05/01/11 08:56 PM

What if he isn't dead? Kinda like weapons of mass destruction that were never found...?

US military has the body.

scttggry81's photo
Sun 05/01/11 08:36 PM

I know Bush has to be embarrassed...lol It took another president to get the cause of 9/11 and he wasn't in Iraq...slaphead

The president didn't get him, the US military did. Don't give the idiots in office the benefit of this success...

:thumbsup: Especially a President with NO military experience.

THANK YOU!!!

scttggry81's photo
Sun 05/01/11 08:31 PM

I know Bush has to be embarrassed...lol It took another president to get the cause of 9/11 and he wasn't in Iraq...slaphead

The president didn't get him, the US military did. Don't give the idiots in office the benefit of this success...

scttggry81's photo
Sat 04/30/11 11:13 PM
Having been that age before, it's natural. Between the ages of 15 and 18 a boy turning into a man is struggling to find himself, setting up his independence, and trying to set himself apart from the crowd.

I know I used to butt heads with my dad something fierce once I turned 15. I wanted to be the "man" and yeah, that wasn't going to fly with my dad.

As for the embarrassing questions, I can only assume the topic of discuassion. But if it is the topic which I think it is, just be glad they are asking you about it rather than trying to learn things through hands on application... :wink:

scttggry81's photo
Fri 04/29/11 06:50 AM
That's why I don't watch the news. Stupid liberal media is a waste of brain matter.

scttggry81's photo
Thu 04/28/11 11:30 PM
You should also post that in Religious views, it's a very hole-y letter...

scttggry81's photo
Thu 04/28/11 10:48 PM
Okay, as a mathematician, this makes total sense. Think about it, only so many people came to the "New World" from England. Now, I would guess that a lot of those people were those who could afford to make the move. Harsh winters, abnormal deaths, survival of the fittest; odds are a lot of those people ended up related in some way shape or form.

It's like the 7 degrees of separation. Everybody can be linked to each other eventually, and everybody is related to each other if you go far enough back.

So, a pre-teen has now proven that most historians are brain-dead.

King George (Revolutionary War) is/was my 11th great uncle on my father's side. Ironically enough, my 11th great-grandfather on my mother's side was a minute-man fighting for the Colonies. Kinda explains why I get migraines...frustrated

scttggry81's photo
Thu 04/28/11 05:31 PM
Proof to the old saying, be careful what you say, you never know who is listening...

scttggry81's photo
Thu 04/28/11 05:30 PM
*taking notes* rofl

scttggry81's photo
Thu 04/28/11 06:20 AM
sex is sex... until one person takes it as more... Being in a committed relationship is about committing to "one" person. If she wants "attention" from other people, let her go find it... without you.

scttggry81's photo
Wed 04/27/11 09:19 PM
$$$ in my pocket...

What can I say, I'm a giver, to the point of being broke when I'm with a woman...

scttggry81's photo
Mon 04/25/11 08:19 PM
Eyes... Voice will change with age, the eyes always stay the same...

scttggry81's photo
Mon 04/25/11 07:50 PM
amen...

scttggry81's photo
Mon 04/25/11 07:44 PM
I like a girl with a set of hips on her, and I mean proportionate not she ate too many donuts. Also an elegent neck will always do it for me... I don't want to catch myself, lol

scttggry81's photo
Sun 04/24/11 09:51 AM
The Brits still make their decisions through Parliment. But on the note of how other countries run thier affairs, Americans wonder why there is still Communism, yada yada yada. The fact remains Democracy in the grand scheme of things is still a young political view in practice. Not to mention, the USA may tout itself as a democratic country, but really it is not "truly" democratic. i.e. Bush winning his second term while falling short on the popular vote.

Politics comes to one very simple idea... what works best for the country that lives by it.

scttggry81's photo
Sun 04/24/11 09:46 AM
I find that the feeling of rejection is a multitude better than the feeling of never trying. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretsky.

scttggry81's photo
Wed 04/20/11 09:56 PM

Is it possible to have sex soon after you meet and have it turn into an actual boyfriend/girlfriend situation?

Depends on the person really. Myself, being a very sexual person... Yes, I know, all men are...

But in all seriousness... I believe sexual compatability is an important aspect to a relationship. Some people choose to wait, some people just jump right in. I personally like to get to it right from the get go, that way the sexual compatability is established. But then, that is just my viewpoint...

scttggry81's photo
Wed 04/20/11 07:57 PM
HA HA HA HA... That's just what people need to do, post more information about themselves on a social network riddled with phishers looking for information to help them steal your identity...

These are our leaders people... they want you to sacrifice yourself like little lambs and get your life screwed up even more.

January 2013, it cannot come soon enough...

scttggry81's photo
Wed 04/20/11 07:18 PM
On the note of cheating... I've been cheated on twice, and I will never take the blame for having any part of the failure in those relationships. They made thier bed, no pun intended, they get to sleep in the one riddled with consequences of thier actions. Nobody deserves to be cheated on, and there is no excuse on this planet that will help me believe otherwise...