Community > Posts By > noblenan

noblenan's photo
Sat 11/29/08 05:34 PM

I'm round, all sides are goodlaugh laugh

laugh Can I steal that? laugh

glasses

noblenan's photo
Fri 11/28/08 10:42 PM
I liked #1, but #6 looks to me like she is saying "I got your back". Seemed kind of cool to me.

glasses

noblenan's photo
Fri 11/28/08 10:15 PM

Oh, rant I know I am going to get some negative feedback for this...

I feel very bad for the women tears out in the world. I listen to the things guys talk about, and I don't know how to help these devil guys.

I listen, I mean I listen to people, indifferent old, :banana: young, able, stupid, smart, brokenheart scarred, religious, selfish.....etc.
You are in love when you can see her love in your tomorrows. Does that make sense? It helps the guys if they don't have to put any emotion frustrated with their thoughts, we aren't wired that way.

Emoticons are a good thing cause ya'll talk funny!

frustrated

glasses (an emoticon abuser)

noblenan's photo
Fri 11/28/08 10:11 PM

To the OP..Just what do you wish to accomplish? Say for some far out reason you are correct. What would that do to our country? Do you really believe your republican friends would have allowed this to happen? For the remote impossible possibility they did, them DAM them too, to put this country through that..They should be hung too...

Perfect! I couldn't think of how to say that without being rude! drinker smokin

glasses

noblenan's photo
Fri 11/28/08 09:19 PM

ok....if you email anyone. they can do an IP search for you!!!!
cell phones can be tracked to the owner
...I already have your name and addy now...
if I dig deeper I can get your next of kins info too.....
nothing is private .....and once you post a pic it belongs to anyone that wants it!!!

just sayin!!!!

this doesn't seem plausible with web based email.
if I'm wrong, go ahead and email me my info.

I sometimes have to trace the whereabouts of a mobile phone in my job, but as far as i was aware you cant just trace any phone, only ones that have accepted(by responding to a text) that this can happen. Its pretty worrying if anyone can trace your whereabouts without you knowing!

When i do it i can tell the location to within about 100 metres or so. If you are at home, id know your road, but not which house.

could this be different because our laws are different?

I was contacted by a local guy on another site who happened to be a process server. On our second phone call, he told me everything about myself including my social security number. That was freaky, to say the least. If somebody wants your information bad enough, they can get it. They don't have to be in any kind of law enforcement. But, I think you did the right thing in blocking him right away. I get quite a few scammers. I block them and report them as soon as they contact me. If I'm wrong, they will only loose me as a contact. Only one has ever contacted me again, and I got him completely blocked today.

glasses

noblenan's photo
Thu 11/27/08 10:10 AM
Edited by noblenan on Thu 11/27/08 10:10 AM
Can I bring the grand boys? They think wild turkeys would be so much fun! And Nan wouldn't have to cook!!! laugh drinker

glasses

noblenan's photo
Thu 11/27/08 09:56 AM

raotffrtrl!!!!(rolling all over the floor from room to room laughing).

my wish that you have at least one of these today!rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl they're grrreeatt!!!!!!!

A road trip sounds like a great idea! Maybe we'll find a rofl along the way! Enjoy your's! :thumbsup: flowerforyou

glasses

noblenan's photo
Thu 11/27/08 09:16 AM
Happy Thanksgiving! drinker smokin

glasses

noblenan's photo
Thu 11/27/08 09:00 AM
No turkey until Saturday! My daughter has to work, but I will have my grand kids, so I won't be alone. I'll be pulling my hair out!!!
Do they have community dinners in NY? All kinds of folks go to the ones here!

flowerforyou

glasses

noblenan's photo
Wed 11/26/08 02:47 PM

HA HA HA

Know where a Christmas tree originated? Pagan cultures used to cut boughs of evergreen trees in December, move them into the home or temple, and decorate them. Pagans still do.

This was to recognize the winter solstice the time of the year that had the shortest daylight hours, and longest night of the year.

ROFL

Please do have a tree!

Shall we talk about decorations too? Perhaps not. It might upset some people.

The early church held celebrations around pagan holidays and made those days their own. In all likelihood Jesus Christ was not born in December.

Besides, why is anyone upset about Xmas trees? After all, isn't there something about graven images in the Bible?

Oh and before anyone jumps me for using "Xmas" instead of Christmas you should know that "X" was an acknowledged abbreviation for Christ for many years.

She's baaack! :wink:

glasses

noblenan's photo
Wed 11/26/08 02:43 PM

I don't agree that recipients of assistance should be given a mandatory drug tested. That is a discriminatory practice in that it assumes everyone who needs assistance is a drug abuser and that usage was what created the need. While I completely understand the frustration involved, I also must add that the cash assistance is not usually the only assistance one gets. Recipients usually get food stamps, assistance in paying for daycare, as well as free or very low cost medical assistance. Most are eligible for assistance with housing, but it's harder to get and many do not take advantage of that benefit. Then, of course, there is the assistance in paying for school and/or finding a job. It is what you make of it.
Public assistance is not meant to give anyone a cushy life, it's meant for survival and is meant to be temporary. And, yes, it is an absent parents responsibility to pay for the welfare of their child, but more often than not, it is tax payers who take on that responsibility.
I've done this work for 25 years and I have to say that there have been times when my clients had more spendable income than I did. Being a single parent is not easy on most.
flowerforyou

glasses

other then the first two lines...I agree with you young lady...you see a urine test as discriminatory...I see it..as tough love...a form of shown responsibility...

slaphead The first two lines were the only thing you could have agreed with me on! shocked

There, again, how much tough love do you give. You want them wearing ankle bracelets to be sure they are not spending the assistance on things we deem they shouldn't, IE., going to a bar?

waving

Oh, and TOUGH LOVE? Are we punishing these folks?

Oh, and TOUGH LOVE? Are we punishing these folks? ...hardly...what you call punishment...I call tough love...:smile:

Wow, you're a tough nut to crack! tears

glasses

okay...we can compromise...I'll trade you my tough love for your carrot cake recipe...is it a deal ?...:smile:

rofl
A nasty little thought ran through my head when I read your reply, but I am taking Lynann's advise and keeping my Mingle membership in tack...unblemished, I might add! rofl

glasses

noblenan's photo
Wed 11/26/08 11:01 AM

I don't agree that recipients of assistance should be given a mandatory drug tested. That is a discriminatory practice in that it assumes everyone who needs assistance is a drug abuser and that usage was what created the need. While I completely understand the frustration involved, I also must add that the cash assistance is not usually the only assistance one gets. Recipients usually get food stamps, assistance in paying for daycare, as well as free or very low cost medical assistance. Most are eligible for assistance with housing, but it's harder to get and many do not take advantage of that benefit. Then, of course, there is the assistance in paying for school and/or finding a job. It is what you make of it.
Public assistance is not meant to give anyone a cushy life, it's meant for survival and is meant to be temporary. And, yes, it is an absent parents responsibility to pay for the welfare of their child, but more often than not, it is tax payers who take on that responsibility.
I've done this work for 25 years and I have to say that there have been times when my clients had more spendable income than I did. Being a single parent is not easy on most.
flowerforyou

glasses

other then the first two lines...I agree with you young lady...you see a urine test as discriminatory...I see it..as tough love...a form of shown responsibility...

slaphead The first two lines were the only thing you could have agreed with me on! shocked

There, again, how much tough love do you give. You want them wearing ankle bracelets to be sure they are not spending the assistance on things we deem they shouldn't, IE., going to a bar?

waving

Oh, and TOUGH LOVE? Are we punishing these folks? ...hardly...what you call punishment...I call tough love...:smile:

Wow, you're a tough nut to crack! tears

glasses

noblenan's photo
Wed 11/26/08 10:57 AM
waving Welcome back, Lynann! flowerforyou
I want a liberal vacation! surprised :cry:

glasses

noblenan's photo
Tue 11/25/08 08:00 PM
I would be the opinionated b!tch...ohwell

glasses

noblenan's photo
Tue 11/25/08 07:50 PM
Edited by noblenan on Tue 11/25/08 07:54 PM

flowerforyou

glasses

waving

noblenan's photo
Tue 11/25/08 07:43 PM

In my state, the amount of food stamps that one can receive is almost nothing.

Also, for one (adult) to receive state health insurance, you have to not make over $200 per month. That Governor just got voted out. bigsmile He's the one that made it that way.

It is that way for able bodied adults with no children. One adult with one child on TANF here gets about $250 to #300 food stamps and medical assistance. I'm pretty sure it's about the same in every state. It depends on the wealth of the state and the Federal assistance the state receives.
I suspect with universal health care, the policy for adults w/o dependants will change. I just hope people understand that if that is what we want, we have to pay for it.
flowerforyou

glasses

Our Governor cut it down. He also took coverage out that would have helped the disabled. He didn't accept matching Federal funds either. I'm referring to the state medical - Medicaid. It was geared towards single women with children too. The food stamps amount is severely low.

Your governor was Republican. Mine is and has been Democrat. It's the opposite here. We are increasing assistance to all sectors of the low income, and, under insured working class.
The money for all assistance must come from somewhere. I would like to see our government now set out to cut the wasteful spending in public assistance.

noblenan's photo
Tue 11/25/08 06:40 PM

In my state, the amount of food stamps that one can receive is almost nothing.

Also, for one (adult) to receive state health insurance, you have to not make over $200 per month. That Governor just got voted out. bigsmile He's the one that made it that way.

It is that way for able bodied adults with no children. One adult with one child on TANF here gets about $250 to #300 food stamps and medical assistance. I'm pretty sure it's about the same in every state. It depends on the wealth of the state and the Federal assistance the state receives.
I suspect with universal health care, the policy for adults w/o dependants will change. I just hope people understand that if that is what we want, we have to pay for it.
flowerforyou

glasses

noblenan's photo
Tue 11/25/08 06:34 PM

Its the end of times!
:banana: The end is in 2012.:banana:10,000 Mayans couldn't be wrong!:tongue:

And, Nostradamus(sp)and others! smokin drinker

glasses

noblenan's photo
Tue 11/25/08 06:24 PM
flowerforyou

glasses

noblenan's photo
Tue 11/25/08 03:46 PM

Since when was Santa Claus and a Christmas tree considered "religious" decoration? slaphead
Maybe it's a safety issue!

glasses

I didn't bring religion into it. It seems that people that always do get a little defensive when it goes against them..JMO

(whispering) That was kinda my point...

glasses

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25