Community > Posts By > noblenan

noblenan's photo
Wed 11/19/08 12:06 PM

flowerforyou
Politically speaking, or otherwise if you like, what does open-minded mean to you?

glasses

it imo means

you have an opinion on a subject

but you ask question to hear others opinions and gain facts
they have to support that opinion

and upon learning more about the subject using the new knowledge to modify your opinion

Very cool! flowerforyou

noblenan's photo
Wed 11/19/08 11:32 AM
"That'll Be the Day!" Buddy Holly and the Crickets

glasses

noblenan's photo
Wed 11/19/08 11:27 AM
After reading these responses, I believe I will never have to ask "why me?" again! You guys have been quite sweet in answering this for us!

My question is now, how do we, as women, get you, as men, beyond the sexual plain? I mean, I want to have a non-sexual conversation every now and then, or take in a movie, go hiking, heck I'd even enjoy a football game. How do we get you to be an non-sexual activity partner as well? flowerforyou

glasses

noblenan's photo
Wed 11/19/08 10:44 AM

I'm sure that's what many Christians thought when they voted for Hitler.

... whaaaaa? surprised

Woah...

I seriously have NO IDEA what to say to that. Just... the very most ludacris thing I have ever read in my life. Ever. Wow.

Mind boggling, huh? Don't take it personally, we all get it! what

Thanks for answering my question, anyway! flowerforyou

glasses

I see you're out early tonight young lady...

waving Hey, I perk up properly every now and again! bigsmile What's your take on my question?

glasses

this is what I posted earlier...sort of tongue in cheek...no pun intended...lol

without convictions...easily swayed...or...open to different thoughts, ways, and ideas...lol...see...I've learned on here that if your beliefs are " different "...but...leaning to the right...then your closed minded... if your beliefs are " different "...but,,,leaning to the left...then you're open minded...

You got that right... laugh laugh

Closed minded, you? Never, never, never! We'll just call it "set in your ways". Better? flowerforyou

Gee...I must be hitting more than one nerve or did you forget to take your meds this morning? laugh

I get a big kick out of those who only think they know... laugh laugh laugh

Keep those laughs coming~~~~

Oh, no, no, no, I took MY meds! It's been a really good day so far!

waving

I was offering you an olive branch! :angel: I'm hurt to the quick (no pun intended)! shocked

noblenan's photo
Wed 11/19/08 10:20 AM

What about taking the trucks and retooling them for Natural gas and the infrastructure to support it over time. It would be easy using refuelers on wheels. Ween in the car later as the infrastructure accepts it.. Create jobs and end our dependence on foreign oil. With the savings alone on the trucks think where we would be at. The "Pickens Plan" parts of it are starting to make more sence now.
Edited by templter on Tue 11/18/08 04:24 PM

The Pickens Plan is perfect! I will volunteer to let him put a mill in my back yard in exchange for electricity! And, my family owns 36 acres sitting right smack dab in the middle of a pool of natural gas. Oooh, la, la!

glasses

noblenan's photo
Wed 11/19/08 09:41 AM
We might be able to get a good deal on a vehicle! bigsmile
Maybe if they pay more taxes, they will think better about gouging the customer. Lower prices, lower taxes. Lower profits, lower taxes. My version of the trickle down effect. flowerforyou waving

noblenan's photo
Wed 11/19/08 09:30 AM
Spending a few evenings in the Garden of Good and Evil.
Getting totally stoned in Amsterdam.
Backpacking around Australia....with a really hunky Aussie. flowers

glasses

noblenan's photo
Wed 11/19/08 06:31 AM

... whaaaaa? surprised

Woah...

I seriously have NO IDEA what to say to that. Just... the very most ludacris thing I have ever read in my life. Ever. Wow.

glasses

waving Hey, I perk up properly every now and again! bigsmile What's your take on my question?

glasses

without convictions...easily swayed...or...open to different thoughts, ways, and ideas...lol...see...I've learned on here that if your beliefs are " different "...but...leaning to the right...then your closed minded... if your beliefs are " different "...but,,,leaning to the left...then you're open minded...

You got that right... laugh laugh

Closed minded, you? Never, never, never! We'll just call it "set in your ways". Better? flowerforyou

noblenan's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:52 PM

tears

Me, too! tears sad

noblenan's photo
Tue 11/18/08 09:09 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's thought of it. slaphead

glasses

noblenan's photo
Tue 11/18/08 08:09 PM

I thought the world was supposed to end on Dec. 21 2012?

Possibly, the world as we know it?

glasses

noblenan's photo
Tue 11/18/08 08:02 PM

less work
less need for employees
employees sent home due to lack of work

My friend got laid off today. This is what happened with her company, but they were open about the possibilities. The time-frames were just faster than she thought. I helped her file a claim for unemployment online tonight. It was the first time either of us had to do that. It was awful. sad2

glasses

noblenan's photo
Tue 11/18/08 07:04 PM

open minded.....able to assess both sides of any discussion and make an unbias decision.

sort of like the senators and congress in washington....LOL

without the lobbyists., money brokers, and special interests groups... democracy like it was 100 yrs ago.

Aaamen! flowerforyou

noblenan's photo
Tue 11/18/08 07:02 PM

... whaaaaa? surprised

Woah...

glasses

glasses

I remember now! I got distracted and I have problems with short term memory lose. slaphead embarassed
I don't understand the without convictions...easily swayed part. I'm about as far from easily swayed as you can get. And, I do have convictions. I think a lot of other people have shown that here, too, including you. I think your somewhat right about the different and leaning part. By definition though, narrower thinking is considered closed and broader thinking is considered open. But, I guess when it comes down to it, it depends on the definer. flowerforyou :thumbsup:

glasses

noblenan's photo
Tue 11/18/08 05:40 PM
If you don't choose a religion, can you see them all?

noblenan's photo
Tue 11/18/08 05:38 PM

... whaaaaa? surprised

Woah...

glasses

glasses

noblenan's photo
Tue 11/18/08 04:54 PM

... whaaaaa? surprised

Woah...

glasses

noblenan's photo
Mon 11/17/08 10:15 PM

Oh, I might get a truck, I don't know about a car. If you are asking if I'd be worried about buying a car and then the company closing down, I'm not. Why would I care if they closed after I bought it? I never buy the warranty anyway, that's just betting that I bought a POS to begin with.

I think it would be a good time for somebody to buy a vehicle IF they had the money and decent credit to get a good rate.

glasses

noblenan's photo
Mon 11/17/08 09:58 PM

I love you, forever!

I was right!

(I like to have the last word! bigsmile )

noblenan's photo
Mon 11/17/08 09:25 PM

this question is easy...
the US government is solely responsible for the sale of heroin and cocaine, they don't go up the ladder to try to stop it, they go up the ladder to arrest people not on the inside to ensure a monopoly on the product. They can't hold a monopoly on weed, its too easy to grow and doesn't require processing. If weed were legal and obtainable easily, very few people would go to the harder stuff. I know where to get coke simply because i know where to get weed. If i could go to the corner store to buy a bag, i would never be exposed to the black market. Its funny, because how many people right now laugh at the thought that the government would be responsible for the importing of drugs, but they don't realize just how much of the stuff is even in this country and how impossible it would be for a "drug lord" to actually supply that amount and stay under the radar. (Either the fed is doing it, or they are completely incompetent) They literally take the trillion in profits and dump it in the stock market to keep the economy going. If those profits went to drug lords it would suck. So there's your answer, it will never, ever, ever happen, its just simple economics.

Interesting thought process!:thumbsup:

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25