Community > Posts By > mylifetoday

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 06/02/11 09:00 AM
I'm single because I am off the wall crazy.

Looking for someone as crazy as I am. bigsmile

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 06/02/11 08:53 AM
Happy Birthday LadyLiz. flowerforyou drinker

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 06/02/11 08:36 AM
Don't you remember when we talked about it?

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 06/02/11 04:48 AM
I never understood this in the first place.

Why was GM considered too important to fail?

What about the mom and pop shops that were struggling? Why didn't the government bail them out?

In my opinion, GM is too big. If the government would have left them alone it would have been a natural selection that corrected the problem.

I don't think the government should have bailed out the banks either.

No one asked me as a tax payer whether or not I wanted to give money to banks to keep operating...

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 06/02/11 04:44 AM
any verdict that convicts the victim of a crime is not justice.

He was not committing a crime. He was trying to prevent a crime that was happening to him.

The victim, who was truly not expecting to have a gun pointed in his face, may have overreacted, but he is still a victim. To be charged with 1st degree murder is insane.

That is saying anyone under incredible duress should be clear headed and make good logical decisions. He still had his employees in the store that he was concerned about as well...

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 06/02/11 04:36 AM
So we have a trillion dollar stimulus bill that didn't do anything other than add to the debt we have to repay.

That is money management of our government.

Give it to the people. They have a much better idea of how to stimulate the economy than any politician ever can...

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 06/02/11 04:23 AM
Tales from the Darkside

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 06/02/11 04:03 AM
For me,

God created the universe. Everything within it is His design.

All scientific facts are doing is really just learning the laws of the universe that God created.

Think it is ironic because people that put their faith in science really are putting their faith in God. They just don't know it.

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 06/02/11 03:32 AM

squish, squish ,squish!devil

Squish away ... I have more! blushing pitchfork smooched

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 06/02/11 03:29 AM

Come get me! I'm waiting!

Sorry, the plane was grounded... :cry:

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 06/02/11 03:25 AM

Sigh.. I vote for a Religious War!.. I"ll take my Nuks born from science, and you guys can have your crosses and bibles.. Fair deal don't you think?

sounds fair to me.

By the way, you will lose...

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 06/02/11 03:16 AM

Rockford Catholic Charities of Illinois – a non-profit (NP) dealing with adoption and foster care was not happy when civil union legislation was approved in IL. The NP petitioned, falling back on freedom of religion, to be allowed to discriminate against SS couples.
But the NP was denied as it accepts Federal and State taxpayer funds to be in business. So they quit – turned over 350 kids to the state without concern for what would happen to them now.

Were they ever really concerned? What was the purpose of the NP? We might conclude that they sought to DENY freedom of religion to the children in their care. Obviously since gay couples CANNOT be practicing Catholics then they should not be allowed to raise children.

It makes perfect sense that the Rockford Diocese would only be willing to care for those children who had the best chance of being INDOCTRINATED into the Catholic faith. It’s much easier to oversee that kind of thing when you are the one determining who gets adopt and raise the children.

The irony is that the Rockford Diocese, probably the whole Catholic church, is crying foul as they stand behind freedom of religion even suggesting that some people’s interpretation is against them because is seems more like ‘freedom FROM religion’. Yet to them, they have made no offense to the same freedom of religious expression when they are the ones doing the discriminating.

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/5626920-418/in-objection-to-gay-rights-law-diocese-ends-adoptions-work.html

It occurred to me that Catholics also tend to be voiceful supporters of anti-abortion efforts everywhere. What did they think they would do with over 800,000 unwanted children born each year if abortion is made impossible to have access to? I suppose, like many other cults, they were thinking about a mass indoctrination agenda. (hey they think we have a gay agenda – so I can think they have and indoctrinations agenda).

What do YOU think?

Well you know that I know that most religion is not good for people anyway but and this is a big one....

I believe that if we are going to allow churches to do non profit work then we have to accept that they will have certain things they are not willing to do. Just as a Catholic hospital will not perform abortions or any service associated with it. So if you want that coverage, which is rare even without the religious association, you will have to go to a different hospital and/or have different insurance.

I believe it is better for the children to not be exposed to the hypocritical, confusing, archaic even sometimes frightening and definitely fear and hate mongering religion anyway. So it was a favor to the kids at that level.

Yes Dragoness, you make a good point, but in this case it was the law that changed which caused the problem. By the law changing in the State of Illinois, SS couples joined by civil union have all the same benefits from their union (at state level) as married couples.

That means they have the option and the right to be considered as adoptive or foster parents. It's part of the IL (constitution) and so it is now part of the laws overseeing adoption & foster care.

A further complication is that several states are or have changed their state adoption and foster care regulations to include single qualifie parents - which would HAVE to include gays and lesbians. To my understanding this has caused other adoption charieties (Catholic) to take the same action as the Rockford Catholic Charity.

To them it's better to be true to their dogma for their OWN sakes (future imortality) than to worry about the well-being of a child in the now. SAD SAD

So, you are saying the Catholic charity should remain open and violate their beliefs because the state mandates it for the sake of the children?

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 06/02/11 03:02 AM

they will probably not be alivefrown

My mom is still alive. flowerforyou blushing smooched

mylifetoday's photo
Thu 06/02/11 03:00 AM

Only if I'm nervous during my unconscious state.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Hey, Your number of posts is 4444. Is that lucky? :wink:

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 11:36 PM
When did you discover this new insight?

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 05:57 PM
Which question was that?

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 04:52 PM
Thanks Firefly,

I appreciate your insights. flowerforyou

Libra/monkey really fits me. bigsmile

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 05:40 AM

Coming Soon

What kind of scenes in a horror film scares you the most? When a ghost appears totally unexpectedly? When the main character does not see the ghost sneaking up behind him? When at the very end you find out that the main character was actually a ghost all along? But none of this compares to the feeling of arriving home alone and suddenly being stuck by a feeling of deja-vu that you are reenacting the very same scenes in the horror movie you just saw!

Watching Poltergeist home alone at midnight in the middle of a really bad thunderstorm! bigsmile

Have you seen The Tunnel?

Nope,

Is that the one that you can only see via download?

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 05:33 AM

So, if I understand you, my friend who was an avowed Athiest for 35 years of his life that converted to Christianity did so because he was indoctrinated and had no real conscious choice to do so simply because he said at some point, "I am Christian."

yes..that's how it works...to be Christian all you have to do is uttered those words "I Am Christian"...."mylifetoday" aren't you claiming that you are a Christian but don't follow a religion ... Satan can make that same claim ...he too followed Jesus around and didn't practice a religion ...is he also Christian?

According to your logic, there is no rational person that has ever deliberately chosen to be Christian. Everyone has done so because they are brainwashed and no other reason.

Christians claim to love a guy that been dead for over 2,000 years and believe that this guy loves them because a book told them so...what does this have to do with being rational?

There is no point in answering your questions when you seriously believe an avowed atheist that converts did so because he was indoctrinated and had no choice.

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 05:28 AM

Coming Soon

What kind of scenes in a horror film scares you the most? When a ghost appears totally unexpectedly? When the main character does not see the ghost sneaking up behind him? When at the very end you find out that the main character was actually a ghost all along? But none of this compares to the feeling of arriving home alone and suddenly being stuck by a feeling of deja-vu that you are reenacting the very same scenes in the horror movie you just saw!

Watching Poltergeist home alone at midnight in the middle of a really bad thunderstorm! bigsmile

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25