Community > Posts By > mylifetoday

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 05:06 AM
So, if I understand you, my friend who was an avowed Athiest for 35 years of his life that converted to Christianity did so because he was indoctrinated and had no real conscious choice to do so simply because he said at some point, "I am Christian."

According to your logic, there is no rational person that has ever deliberately chosen to be Christian. Everyone has done so because they are brainwashed and no other reason.

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 04:43 AM

Funches:

Are you a man or are you not?

I ask this question because if you answer yes you have been programed to answer this way by your gender. To answer no would be to denounce being a man.

"mylifetoday"..you guys use such bad examples....of course I'm a man...I popped out of my mother's womb as a male child

people do not pop out of wombs as Christians unless they pop out of the womb nailed to a cross...Christian is a title they choose to use but Cowboy is trying to blame me for having to use the title of Christian ...which is why I asked the question is he a Christian yes or no ...a no answer would deny Jesus a yes answer would indicate that it's a title that he choose himself

I am an accountant. That is what I have trained to do and what I know. So, if I am asked to say either I am or not and if I say I am not I am denouncing the educational system is nonsense.

did you pop out of your mother's womb as an accountant and instantly start counting your fingers and toes in order to prepare an invoice for your mother's medical birth services....if the answer is no ...then an accountant is something you choose to do, not programmed from birth or peer pressured into doing....

I'm asking these questions because it appears that some Christians generally try to make it appear that being a Christian has nothing to do with religon as they praise the God of a religion which only proves that it is a religion

Accounting in my case is a very valid comparison as I chose to be a Christian as an adult after a few years of knowing there was no God.

How does my "indoctrination" come into play here?

Do you seriously believe there are zero Christians in this world that chose to be Christians of their own free will?

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 04:28 AM

everyone has a right to their own opinion... but what about the kids... do they want to be with an SS couple? i always here about gay rights, but do the kids have any rights and freedoms in this matter?

sure the kids have rights, but those rights are limited until the age of eighteen, even twenty one where alcohol is involved. for the most part, our rights are limited to equal due process meaning that laws restricting our rights, of which there are many, apply equally to all persons. all persons must have reached the age of eighteen to be considered adults and have the right to vote. all persons in a given state must be sixteen to drive. all person's have the right at age eighteen to determine who will perform parenting duties.

So, a kid that is being adopted by a homosexual couple that REALLY doesn't want to go has no choice but to be taken by them?

According to this, a 17 year old that has a child has no say in what happens in their kids life either.

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 02:34 AM
She has a good heart

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 02:12 AM
Welcome to My World.

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 02:06 AM
Seems to me that most people today that have faith are choosing that.

It is actually rebellious today to have faith.

The revolution is over. Why does religion need to die for those that don't have faith to feel good about themselves???

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 01:30 AM

The Catholic Church is VERY much against any gay relationship. It is against their faith. A sin against God.

For the state to tell them they must do something that is contrary to their stated beliefs is the state telling a faith group what they are allowed to believe.

To continue to operate as a nonprofit that would do this would be to sacrifice a fundamental belief they hold.

Why is anyone surprised.

Rather than being upset with the church for refusing to to something against their faith, you should be upset with the state for trying to regulate their faith.

I have to respectfully disagree with this. We often hear the sentiment from people of what the 'state' shouldnt do to them with little aknowledgement of what the state actually DOES do for them. Because the business is receiving funds FROM the state, the state should absolutely reserve the right to determine the guidelines under which those funds can be received.

I think it was the honest thing to do to not disobey the laws and to turn the business over so as not to have to neglect their faith.

The argument is that since the government gives money to them they have a right to tell them how to use that money.

The government is fully aware of the Catholic stance on this issue.

The real question is, what was the government trying to do by forcing this issue. The Catholic church had two choices. Swallow this terrible pill or close. If they close you knew you would get reactions like the OP. "How dare they close. Obviously they don't care about these kids."

Is that what the government wanted to accomplish here? Make Catholic charities look bad by forcing them to make a terrible choice.

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 01:23 AM

Mankind's achievements and follies are because of their own doing; use prudence when giving credence to those who it does not belong to. (written by Me)

People give too little credit to themselves when they have worked and have given up so much in order to achieve their goals. I've encountered this sooo many times that I've lost count; I really need not give examples because I'm sure most of you are able to see the point I put in this matter. FYI.. Family, friends, brothers and sisters in arms have suffered, died, and scarred for life in order to help those they care for to achieve their goals, and the first thing that comes out of people's lips is "Thank _-_ for giving him the strength, will, Luck, etc to be able to achieve it!"

I would like to hear people's opinions on this. This is one of many things that has made me non-religious.

Why do you think God is a nonfactor in these events?

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 01:13 AM
The Catholic Church is VERY much against any gay relationship. It is against their faith. A sin against God.

For the state to tell them they must do something that is contrary to their stated beliefs is the state telling a faith group what they are allowed to believe.

To continue to operate as a nonprofit that would do this would be to sacrifice a fundamental belief they hold.

Why is anyone surprised.

Rather than being upset with the church for refusing to to something against their faith, you should be upset with the state for trying to regulate their faith.

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 12:59 AM
Personally, I very rarely talk about my faith.

The only reason I do on the threads here is because someone else is already talking about it and has a misconception of what my faith means to me.

They call me a Christian and then proceed to tell me how terrible I am for being a Christian. I try to correct that perception.

But otherwise, I rarely talk about my faith. Living my faith is more important and carries more weight than cornering someone into talking about it when they don't want to.

Everyone knows I am Christian and I don't have to tell them....

I only talk about it if someone talks to me first.

mylifetoday's photo
Wed 06/01/11 12:43 AM

If you are getting married and you have no intentions on doing it for the purpose of having children and raising a family, then Marriage is simply a business partnership.

Its about property. Community property.

Its about quid pro quo. I'll take care of you, you take care of me.
I'll support you, you will have sex with me when I want it.
I will work, you can keep house and be my sex kitten.
Or lets both get jobs so we can afford to pay the rent or buy a house.

Business.
A contract with two people and THE STATE.

p.S. THE STATE IS EVIL.

GOD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MARRIAGE.

thats perception. God is involved wherever we perceive or wish him to be, thats a personal choice. My vows included what GOD has joined together and it was very much an invitation to include GOD and make a vow to God as well as to each other,,,

Thank you! flowerforyou

mylifetoday's photo
Tue 05/31/11 10:17 PM

Of course the biggest lie of all, Santa Clause. I was really sucked in with that one. And really angry that they had fooled me.

When it came time to go to Sunday School, well, I wasn't about to believe that crap.

So the Santa thing really saved me from Christianity.
bigsmile

What do you mean Santa isn't real???

But, but but... sad sad sad

mylifetoday's photo
Tue 05/31/11 08:26 PM
Edited by mylifetoday on Tue 05/31/11 08:30 PM
Never mind...

mylifetoday's photo
Tue 05/31/11 08:18 PM

Am I the only one that still thinks marriage is a good thing?

If you'd actually LISTEN, no one is saying marriage is a bad thing. We are just saying that sometimes divorce is unavoidable no matter how much you wanna try and avoid it.

No actually when you are arguing in favor of divorce that is implying marriage is not worth saving. Divorce is better.

mylifetoday's photo
Tue 05/31/11 08:12 PM
Am I the only one that still thinks marriage is a good thing?

mylifetoday's photo
Tue 05/31/11 07:49 PM
I don't know what to say.

People are actually arguing that divorce is better for society.

I have yet to meet any child of divorced parents that were happy their parents got divorced. More often than not they are confused or mad at them for being divorced.

My ex said before we got divorced that our son saw examples of good divorce so he knows it will be good. He hates the life he is forced to live now. But this is supposedly good for him.

Why is it every child counselor knows that a kid in a divorced home will act out? Why do they do that if they are happy with it? Why is it true of all kids in divorce? Why do kids even need counseling after a divorce if it is good for them?

I said it once before. We as a society are very selfish. Gimme, gimme, gimme.

Not happy - leave. What is the point of making an effort to fix the problems in your relationship.

Can anyone that is divorced say they have no regrets of any kind for being divorced? They were happy from day one and never looked back and never were hurt?

mylifetoday's photo
Tue 05/31/11 07:36 PM

LOL some seem to like to cling to the rare rather than the norm it seems.

Marriage has no obligation to be for life anyway. That is archaic thought processes from men of old who wanted to have women, more than one, be theirs for life. Given the women no way out but death. So they could use and abuse them as they saw fit whenever they saw fit and the women would be afraid to leave since it meant death usually.

People are learning that people don't have to suffer others when it becomes a bad situation.

So, why have marriage at all then.

Lets just have sex with whomever whenever and grow society from that... Who cares who the father is and kids don't really need a man in their life anyway.

Quite a lot of men have already been doing that for a long time now...lol

The authorities have had to make them be responsible for the kids financially but they still don't raise the kids.

So suggest something new and improved not old and archaic.

Once again, new does not necessarily equal better.

I believe marriage is the best thing for society and people. I don't think there is anything that can be better than that. We should be trying to find ways to make it better not find reasons to abandon it.

Curious, what would you say to people who didn't want to get married or didn't want to have kids? Remember, not everyone can be fit into the same group.

No one said you have to be married. There are millions throughout history that never married.

mylifetoday's photo
Tue 05/31/11 07:21 PM

Marriage has no obligation to be for life anyway. That is archaic thought processes from men of old who wanted to have women, more than one, be theirs for life. Given the women no way out but death. So they could use and abuse them as they saw fit whenever they saw fit and the women would be afraid to leave since it meant death usually.

People are learning that people don't have to suffer others when it becomes a bad situation.

Lets just have sex with whomever whenever and grow society from that... Who cares who the father is and kids don't really need a man in their life anyway.

Quite a lot of men have already been doing that for a long time now...lol

The authorities have had to make them be responsible for the kids financially but they still don't raise the kids.

So suggest something new and improved not old and archaic.

Once again, new does not necessarily equal better.

I believe marriage is the best thing for society and people. I don't think there is anything that can be better than that. We should be trying to find ways to make it better not find reasons to abandon it.

Maybe have classes in school about what marriage means and what each should do for their spouse. We teach sex in school, why not relationships?

mylifetoday's photo
Tue 05/31/11 07:07 PM

mylifetoday's photo
Tue 05/31/11 07:03 PM

Everyone that got married with the intention of being divorced please raise your hands.

"Good times and bad" means you are supposed to work through your difficulties, not run from them.

I understand this, but sometimes things just aren't all that simple. Not saying divorce is a good thing mind you if it can be avoided, but I think you're being a little bit naive.

Nope, not naive at all.

The majority of divorces are because at least one person just isn't happy anymore.

Without exception, every single happily married couple I know had a really bad patch in their relationship where they considered divorce. They worked through it. And guess what? They fell more in love for working through it than they had before. They loved each other more for the adversity they overcame together.

That's great for them, but it doesn't always work out that way.

It could, but it takes effort and self-sacrifice. Too many are too selfish to get through this. Especially when divorce is so easy.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25