Community > Posts By > artlo

no photo
Tue 08/02/11 07:29 PM
Edited by artlo on Tue 08/02/11 07:31 PM
I can't wait until Obama has to defend the $6 trillion dollar debt he will have added in just 4 years.

I can't wait for the Rebublican candidate to run on a platform featuring a totally empty record of proposals or policies designed to benefit the lower 98% of the American populace. I hope it's a Romney/Bachman.

People have short memories, but I certainly remember what happened when Republicans overplayed their hand in the 90s. Newt Gingrich? He has become a national laughing stock.

no photo
Tue 08/02/11 06:23 PM
But,but, but, it was the neo-con dream that, once America established Democracy in Iraq, all the other mideast would see how wonderful it is and they would want it too.

America had no hand in Egypt's adventure. The Egyptians had a chance at self-determination. It isn't even finished yet. I have no doubt that if Americans had recognized the fascism that the Bush Administration fostering and driven him out, Dick Cheney's admirers would be staging something like this. Mitch McConnell has been telling all along what the "American people" want and, just like that, this spokesman is telling us, through a controlled medium, how "of of touch" Egypt's liberals are. It is childish and naive to just take the word of somebody named Shadi Hamid, Especially in an article from a newspaper owned by Rupert Murdoch.

no photo
Tue 08/02/11 06:08 PM
so, your answer is that you think Biden is being greedy for expecting to collect rent on his rental property. Well, I suppose that's an answer.

no photo
Tue 08/02/11 05:40 PM
A caller on left wing talk radio raised an interesting point today. He said that the KKK tends to raise its ugly head every 20 or thirty years, and that it's about time to see that mentality again. Here's the quick story.

A House Republican apologized to President Obama for saying that being associated with Obama's policies would be like "touching a tar baby."

Rep. Doug Lamborn, R-Colo., made the remark last week to a Denver radio show. Lamborn told KKTV on Monday night that the phrase, to some people, is a racial epithet.

Lamborn's office issued a statement last night saying the congressman was trying to explain that Obama's policies "have created an economic quagmire for the nation and are responsible for the dismal economic conditions our country faces."

"He regrets that he chose the phrase 'tar baby,' rather than the word 'quagmire.' The congressman is confident that the president will accept his heartfelt apology," the statement from Lamborn's office said.

In the Merriam-Webster dictionary, tar baby is defined as "something from which it is nearly impossible to extricate oneself." The term's origin comes from a doll made of tar and turpentine that's used to entrap a character in the Uncle Remus stories. Over the years, the term has come to be viewed as derogatory term for African Americans.

Lamborn, first elected in 2006, is known in Washington for his fight to end federal funding of NPR.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2011/08/barack-obama-tar-baby-doug-lamborn-apologize-/1?csp=34news

no photo
Tue 08/02/11 05:32 PM
I find it funny

Keep on laughing. I still haven't gotten an answer.

no photo
Tue 08/02/11 01:19 PM
still up to the same old snark and personal insults, I see. Keep em coming!

no photo
Tue 08/02/11 01:14 PM
Nobody has yet explained to me how this is a blunder, or even why there is anything wrong with this.

no photo
Tue 08/02/11 01:10 PM

same ole, same ole....

But, can you answer my question? I don't think that snark is an especially effective fall-back position.

no photo
Tue 08/02/11 12:51 PM
Why shouldn't he charge them rent? They wanted to be there specifically, and they're taking up space so that other renters can't stay there. Biden is not a particularly wealthy Senator. What's wrong with supplementing his income by renting out space in a rental property. I think he's doing the Secret Service a favor by giving them a discount.

You guys scream that businesses don't operate in order to give away their services. Why should Biden have to?

no photo
Mon 08/01/11 07:41 PM
I don't see the "blunder" part of this. I was just saying what every other Democrat is saying amongst themselves.

no photo
Mon 08/01/11 06:53 PM
Edited by artlo on Mon 08/01/11 07:25 PM
of some Republicans

http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/07/bruce-bartlett-chunk-of-gop-either-stupid-crazy-ignorant-or-craven-cowards/

I wonder who he's talking about.

no photo
Mon 08/01/11 03:47 PM
the President will have to make choices. Personally, I favor the idea going around that he curtail Social Security payments in the districts of those politicians who want to cut Social Security. That should make everybody happy.

no photo
Mon 08/01/11 03:31 PM
The president lied about the possibility of SS checks not going out to make political points with the elderly by fear mongering.

No he didn't. Social security doesn't pay out benefits with T-bills. It uses money. the money comes from the Treasury. When benefits are paid, the SS obligations are paid off and SS uses money to do it. He can do that with0out Congress' permission. I think that's what he'll probably do.

no photo
Mon 08/01/11 11:28 AM
POTUS to Start 10th War

Unlikely. Other NATO forces seem to be leading the efforts in Libya, and that seems to be the way the President wants it. I think Assad needs to have his azz kicked.

no photo
Mon 08/01/11 11:14 AM
I don't know how anybody can expect him to be making guarantees unless he is willing to invoke the 14th Amendment, which he seems reluctant to do.

no photo
Mon 08/01/11 10:58 AM
I gentoo s? So, you are one of those who believe that there will be no negative impact if they fail to raise the debt limit?

no photo
Mon 08/01/11 10:51 AM
First thing they say, "NO SS money for you..." [damn SN]
[/quote
I think you are confusing Democrats with Paul Ryan and John
Boner

no photo
Mon 08/01/11 10:40 AM
My pet rat - if I had one - could lead this country better.

I think you did, and we can all see what a fantastic job he did.

I find it very I teresting all the talk about SS checks not going out. Now there is no deal passed and singed into law yet. Today in the mail I'm delivering SS checks.

Well, hello, fellow unionized mailman. I don't think you should be so interested. We haven't defaulted yet.

no photo
Mon 08/01/11 10:19 AM
Lies, Lies, and more Lies...

I'm afraid I missed the lie part. Are you saying he can guarantee that the checks will go out? Are you saying that there actually is] the money in the coffers? I thought you guys were screaming about how bankrupt the nation is. Which is it?

no photo
Thu 07/28/11 03:15 PM
the greedy unions are the root cause of it all...

That's pretty low-hanging fruit.

The greedy business owners play no part?