Community > Posts By > artlo

no photo
Sun 07/10/11 07:06 PM
Black people aren't supposed to do that.

They're supposed to know their place.

no photo
Sun 07/10/11 06:50 PM
if I went to the polls and some clown threatened me with a club I would come back and do him if the cops didn't get there first. One in the chest and one in the head! And I would down load the first two shots to .38+ to cut down on the chance of accidental casualties. After the first two shots all bets are off! I am so super fuqing sick and tired of people trying to pull crap on each other and I sure in the hell am done with being threatened!

And you condemn Malcolm X for wanting to protect himself and his people from bullies with violence.

no photo
Sun 07/10/11 06:43 PM
This is what I will be carrying when I can afford about $1,400.

Do you have pictures of any other toys you want to show us. Perhaps some nunchakus or Army soldier dolls?

no photo
Sun 07/10/11 06:32 PM
That was what ACORN said too until they were busted for Voter fraud and other things like intimidating voters...

And so....????

What???!!! When was ACORN busted for voter fraud or intimidating voters? Did I miss something in the news? I know that you get your news from vastly different sources than I do, but it's hard to believe that this would have escaped notice.

no photo
Sun 07/10/11 06:13 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Sun 07/10/11 02:30 PM
Artlo, come to the table like a man or don't come at all. Is it time for childish one liners AGAIN?

An awful lot of irrelevant stuff here. We're talking about the character of Malcolm X and what he stood for. He stood for self-defense against genuinely oppressive forces. I remember a potty-mouthed, violent white thug on this message board who advocated violence over disagreements about labor unions. 'You have to take a stand over something'. I don't think that anger is out of place towards people who harrass and attack, oppress, and even kill your friends and family. Self-defense is what it is.

no photo
Sun 07/10/11 02:18 PM
This coming from someone who holds Bill Clinton in high regards.

Then you did just make it up!?

no photo
Sun 07/10/11 01:59 PM

Well, this came from somewhere. If you didn't just make it up, did you read it from somebody else who just made it up?

no photo
Sun 07/10/11 01:50 PM
Gee whiz! I would have expected a huge firestorm over an article like this.Well, I guess we can fill in the blanks.

"more liberal lies" . . . "liberals lie about everything" . . . "Liberals are so stupid they will believe anything the liberal liars lie about when they're trying to sell their liberal lies to the sheeple who fall for their liberal lies hook line and sinker because they're such lying liberal liars that they can't help but lie about everything the liberal liar silly azz blogs put in the koolaid that the lying liberal liars drink".

I think I've covered the Conservative perspective.

no photo
Sun 07/10/11 01:39 PM

Does she? I don't, and I don't think she does particularly, either. Do you just make this stuff up?

no photo
Sun 07/10/11 01:26 PM
Malcolm X was a total haterator.

Very authoritative for somebody who wasn't even born for at least 15 years after he was assassinated.

no photo
Sat 07/09/11 04:58 PM
she's going to get out of it. That's how things work with Municipal Governments. You can go through hell when you get crossway with private organizations.

no photo
Sat 07/09/11 04:42 PM
so i guess you agree that it needed to be said?

David Plouffe, right or wrong, was describing what he thinks will be the critical factors in how people vote in 2012. He said nothing of the kind that you mischaracterized.

why didn't you post the whole article, and the comments with it?

In Mingle style, the information is out there. Do your own homework. (When in Rome, do as the Romans do)

no photo
Sat 07/09/11 04:26 PM
Edited by artlo on Sat 07/09/11 04:31 PM
Ah, now I see what you're doing. Here's the remark in full context.

“[Y[ou know, we’re a long way from 2012. We’re a long way from knowing what’s going on in the world and exactly what the economy is and who are opponent is.

“I would make a general statement, though, because there is a lot of attention focused on the unemployment rate. The average American does not view the economy through the prism of GDP or unemployment rates or even monthly jobs numbers.

“In fact, those terms very rarely pass their lips. So it’s a very one-dimensional view. They view the economy through their own personal prism. You see, people’s — people’s attitude towards their own personal financial situation has actually improved over time. You know, they’re still concerned about the long-term economic future of the country, but it’s things like ‘My sister was unemployed for six months and was living in my basement and now she has a job.’

“There’s a — a ‘help wanted’ sign. You know, the local diner was a little busier this week. Home Depot was a little busier. These are the ways people talk about the economy. They don’t talk about it in the terms of Washington.

“And so their decision next year will be based upon two things, ‘Okay, how do I feel about things right now?’ and then, ultimately, campaigns are always much more about the future, and, ‘Who do I think has got the best idea, the best vision for where to take the country?’

“I would submit to you that a healthy percentage of Americans, far more than a majority, believe the president has a very sound vision for where the country needs to go.

“So, you know, people won’t vote based on the unemployment rate. They’re gonna vote based on, ‘How do I feel about my own situation? Do I believe the president makes decisions based on me and my family?’”

Not at all as the statement is being mischaracterized in the Conservative blogoshpere.

no photo
Sat 07/09/11 04:03 PM
Try crosssing a neighborhood association. They can make your life a living hell.

no photo
Sat 07/09/11 03:58 PM
Jesus! That's quite a resemblance. Everybody has a doppelganger out there someplace

no photo
Sat 07/09/11 03:53 PM
i was just reading an article where an obama aide says jobs are not important in 2012.

No you weren't. At least not in any credible publication.
Pants on fire.

no photo
Sat 07/09/11 01:37 PM
I thought this is particularly cool. Georgia has one of these draconian anti-immigrant laws. Consequently, Farmers are having a terrible time finding enough people to pick their harvests. They are having to resort to using prison labor. Pretty simple, really. Conditions get too harsh, people move on. Spme of those uber-Conservative immigrant-haters in the State Legislature are farmers.:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

http://newsone.com/nation/associatedpress3/georgia-jails-prisoners-crops-immigration/

no photo
Sat 07/09/11 01:17 PM
can do nothing to stop the increases granted us in our contract

Wow! A super-conservative who belongs to a Union! I'll bet you just hate that!

no photo
Sat 07/09/11 01:00 PM
I disagree. I think the numbers are from independents that were promised change and didn't get it. There is a chance he could lose the independents. They will determine the election. If he can keep them he will win. If not he could lose.

Of course you do. You could not be expected to know what the landscape is unless you are on the inside listening to liberal voices. The sound is deafening. In the end, millions of people are going to be stuck with the dilemma of choosing a President who has failed to fight for them or taking some other path that would allow a right-winger to become President. I don't think there will be much of an appetite for taking that risk.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next