Community > Posts By > JaJM

no photo
Fri 07/22/11 07:25 AM
Of course you can believe in a 'greater power' which some people call god without actually following a set religion. But for naturalists, there is no 'greater power' or any supernatural force, there is only matter.

And prayer is not instinctive to everyone, the majority maybe, but not everyone.

no photo
Fri 07/22/11 07:11 AM
I've got a question to any athiests(naturalists) who are interested. (And yes, not all athiests are naturalists). I should note first of all that I am genuinely curious here. So:

If there is no god or gods and only what can be proved scientifically is true then where does meaning and purpose for human life come from? Sure, we can invent meaning for ourselves but isn't that basically self delusion? The very same criticism leveled at theists? The only purpose I can see from a naturalists worldview is that we must make a baby and raise it is able to make babies itself... and then we die. Is that really all our lives mean? Or is there more?

Discuss

no photo
Fri 07/22/11 04:09 AM
Hmm, 8

no photo
Fri 07/22/11 03:18 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone ... now I just have to wait and see if there is anyone near my area online.

Most of the interesting people on here seem to be American ... anyone fancy moving country? :tongue:

no photo
Thu 07/21/11 05:25 PM
Edited by JaJM on Thu 07/21/11 05:27 PM
Well, I'v not had much luck with this site so I've been off it for a wee while but I figured I might as well give it another go ... so here I am! I've tweaked and edited my profile to improve it so know I'm asking for (yep, you guessed it) you're oppinion.

Is it good? Is it bad? Is it boring? Has it scarred you mentally and scared you off from the internet? Or hey, is it so good you have now fallen madly in love with me? (hey, you never know, right? :angel: )

Any thoughts and oppinions would be appreciated. Thoughts from the fairer sex would be more appreciated tho whoa

Thanks

no photo
Wed 02/23/11 12:32 PM
Ahh, teasing is so much easier when its done in person, I think. If I ever tease anyone online I always make sure to add plenty of smileys just in case the other person thinks I'm being serious lol

@Ash, I think your nipples are lovely the way they are :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :wink: :wink: :wink: laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

no photo
Wed 02/23/11 10:30 AM
Have any of you ever felt like just jumping in your car or a train and going as far away as possible? Doesnt matter where you end up, just getting out and getting lost? At least for a time to get your head straight.

Or is that just me? ohwell

Or maybe I just need a vacation...

no photo
Tue 02/22/11 11:37 AM

no photo
Tue 02/22/11 07:46 AM
hahaha, I'm going to have to steal this one laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Wed 02/16/11 01:37 PM
A 9.

and a 10 for the hamster (or is it a gerbil?)

no photo
Wed 02/16/11 07:16 AM
spock

no photo
Wed 02/16/11 04:16 AM
2 Sorry, clowns just don't do it for me

no photo
Sun 02/13/11 02:36 PM
Why would a non believer want to go to Mecca in the first place?? (frustrated ) There is nothing for them there.

Are you telling me that you have a burning desire to visit Mecca? There are plenty of other places in the Middle East that are more suitable for sight-seeing tourists.

I feel I should apologise to you however. I have been misreading your posts. I have assumed wrongly that whenever you made a negative comment regarding 'muslims' or 'them' that you were referring to the entire muslim population (over 1 billion people) in sweeping, generalising and caricatured statements. Obviously you were only refering to the extremist fringes of Islam. You are well aware that the majority of muslims are moderate in their beliefs wish to avoid conflict and violence as much as anyone else.

Clearly the role of Islam's relationship wth the rest of the world is a topic you are interested in. So clearly you have taken the time to research and learn more about the varied people of the faith. Of course you accept that dangerous extremists are present in all world view be it religious or non religious, Islam is no different.

no photo
Sun 02/13/11 11:12 AM
Does horrific abuse take place in parts of the muslim world? Yes.

Are certain muslim organisations incompatible with western values? Yes.

Do I support such people or defend such attrocities? Hell no.

Do all muslims support such or defend such attrocities? Hell no.

Is it possible for moderate muslims to still hold onto their beliefs and co exsist within western countries? Yes. And they do so.

Surely the Egyptian protesters show that muslims are just as passionate about freedom of speech and democracy as any westerner?

There are many countries that are majority muslim yet who are governed by a secular government.

'Muslims' are as culturally diverse and different as much as any other religion. Do you know that arabs are a minority within the muslim population?

I hate extremism and ignorance whether it is from a muslim, a christian, an agnostic or whatever.

no photo
Sun 02/13/11 11:00 AM
zzzing! lol

no photo
Sat 02/12/11 08:19 PM
And such pedophiles and wife abusers are a minority within the muslim population.

Just as they are a minority within the christian population.

Just as they are a minority wthin the jewish population.

Within the athiest population.

Within any population.

To assume otherwise is simple stupidity.

no photo
Sat 02/12/11 07:52 PM
Nah, I'll pass on that. I'm smart enough to know that it is impossible to change the mind of a fundamentalist. It's not worth my breath. I'll leave them to their hate and ignorance and thank God that such men are a minority.

no photo
Sat 02/12/11 07:44 PM
Let's hear it for tolerance and understanding!!

No more do we live in an age of ignorance or bigotry or fear or hate; those are relics of the past. Where they belong

no photo
Sat 02/12/11 07:29 PM

Are you ever on America's side...?

Does standing up for accurate and truthful translation of arabic words mean you are automatically against America? (or the west?)

Islam was around for a long time before America, it was never designed to be about conflict with the west

no photo
Sat 02/12/11 07:23 PM
IMHO the most interesting person on this site (so far)