Community > Posts By > MirrorMirror

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 07:05 PM

I might be an antique dealer. I would go back in time to get the antiques real cheap, then bring them into the future and make a killing. That is, if my time machine can transport stuff like that.

bigsmile But wouldn't the antiques be accused of being forgeries?flowerforyou

Probably. I might have to beat them up a little. Or buy older beat up ones at garage sales of the past. LOL
laugh

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 06:50 PM

I might be an antique dealer. I would go back in time to get the antiques real cheap, then bring them into the future and make a killing. That is, if my time machine can transport stuff like that.

bigsmile But wouldn't the antiques be accused of being forgeries?flowerforyou

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 06:47 PM

A big cat can kill ya'. But, a little puzzy never hurt anyone.drool :banana: drool
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 06:34 PM

To any and all of my fellow minglers who work any aspect of retail, my heart and prayers go out to you at this time of year. After many years of working in that environment I have been gone for over a year now and I still cringe at the thought of it during this season.

For those of you who don't or never have, please be kind to the people working in the stores. If you think it is wearing for the few hours you are there, just imagine how they feel after everyday all day. It is their job to be kind to you, but you can make that so much easier with understanding and brighten their day as well.flowerforyou

bigsmile excellent ideaflowerforyou

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 06:29 PM
flowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou Happy Holidaysflowerforyou :heart: flowerforyou

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 06:08 PM

Pauli exclusion principle
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Pauli exclusion principle is a quantum mechanical principle formulated by Wolfgang Pauli in 1925. It states that no two identical fermions may occupy the same quantum state simultaneously. A more rigorous statement of this principle is that, for two identical fermions, the total wave function is anti-symmetric. For electrons in a single atom, it states that no two electrons can have the same four quantum numbers, that is, if n, l, and ml are the same, ms must be different such that the electrons have opposite spins.
In relativistic quantum field theory, the Pauli principle follows from applying a rotation operator in imaginary time to particles of half-integer spin. Since nonrelativistically, particles can have any statistics and any spin, there is no way to prove a spin-statistics theorem in nonrelativistic quantum mechanics.

The Pauli exclusion principle is one of the most important principles in physics, mainly because the three types of particles from which ordinary matter is made—electrons, protons, and neutrons—are all subject to it; consequently, all material particles exhibit space-occupying behavior. The Pauli exclusion principle underpins many of the characteristic properties of matter, from the large-scale stability of matter, to the existence of the periodic table of the elements.
Fermions, particles with antisymmetric wave functions, obey the Pauli exclusion principle. Apart from the familiar electron, proton and neutron, these include neutrinos and quarks (from which protons and neutrons are made), as well as some atoms like helium-3. All fermions possess "half-integer spin", meaning that they possess an intrinsic angular momentum whose value is (Planck's constant divided by 2π) times a half-integer (1/2, 3/2, 5/2, etc.). In the theory of quantum mechanics, fermions are described by "antisymmetric states", which are explained in greater detail in the article on identical particles. Particles with integer spin have a symmetric wave function and are called bosons; in contrast to fermions, they may share the same quantum states. Examples of bosons include the photon, the Cooper pairs responsible for superconductivity, and the W and Z bosons.

from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_exclusion_principle

from http://xkcd.com/658/

:thumbsup:

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 05:51 PM
Edited by MirrorMirror on Wed 12/23/09 05:55 PM

I have heard over the last few years, that we do not live in a static universe. In fact the universe is not just expanding, it is accelerating at a faster and faster rate. This is due in part to dark energy. So why does this only effect galaxies and really large objects, but not planetary systems, or people, or atoms? We see the red-shifts in galaxies, but why not closer to home?
spock hmmmmm.spock I'm not sure about that but I will look into it.shades Some of our local supercluster are actually being pulled towards each other by an object that astronomers refer to as the Great Attractor.smile2 Not sure about the time acceleration thing.spock

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 05:30 PM

Not sure how many minglers are Chris Brown fans but for those of us who are,,,Graffiti is out but hard to find due to certain closed minded business,,,,,

My son has some downloads and its some of Chris best stuff...please support the young mans career and look for it on the shelves...
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 05:29 PM

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 05:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVtbc7c6WPU

You can finally see the band now.

bigsmile coolbigsmile

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 05:27 PM

Ok so I thought it warranted it's own page. bigsmile

~Assassin - John Mayer~

I work in the dead of night
When the roads are quiet
No one is around
To track my moves

Race in the end of lights
To find the gate is open
She's waiting in the room
I just slip on through

You get in
You get done
And then you get gone
You never leave a trace or show your face
You get gone

Should have turned around
And left before the sun came up again
But the sun came up again

Enter the morning light
To find the day is burning the curtains and the wine
In a little white room
No, I'm not alone
Her head is heavy on me
She's sleeping like a child
What could I do?

You get in
You get done
And then you get gone
You never leave a trace or show your face
You get gone

Should have turned around
And left before the sun came up again
But the sun came up again

I was a killer, was the best they'd ever seen
I'd steal your heart before you ever heard a thing
I'm an assassin and I had a job to do
Little did I know that girl was an assassin too

Suddenly I'm in over my head and I could hardly breathe
Suddenly I'm floating over her bed and I feel everything
Suddenly I know exactly what I did, but I cannot move a thing
Suddenly I know exactly what I'd done and what it's gonna mean to me, mean to me
I'm gone

I was a killer, was the best they'd ever seen
I'd steal your heart before you ever heard a thing
I'm an assassin and I had a job to do
Little did I know that girl was an assassin too

She's an assassin
She's an assassin
She's an assassin
She's an assassin and she had a job to do

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 05:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuwiYq50gwA

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 05:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuwiYq50gwA

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 05:20 PM

You've Always Been Strange

It's weird the way the mind,
twirls and takes apart,
all that is ingested, like
grapes, peeled and in they're popped.

Standing with their palm leaves,
fanning away the heat.
Lying on the chaise,
Bare and naked, please.

Just a simple person.
Thinking through their thoughts.
Connecting for a picture.
Living dot to dot.

Raine Les 12/23/2009

drinker Very coolbigsmile

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 05:18 PM

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 05:13 PM

after the drawing sword
up and through the web of wind
now the drawing in

the drawing up
pointed through

what is up
what is down
what is through

sword over
sword under

in

:thumbsup:

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 05:06 PM

frustrations not knowing of when
frustrations on holding your breath to nine
at least i think so any how.
frustrations is waiting for one to come about
frustrations is about telling the other nice knowing you
but waiting for his response to come about, but when would that be is
unknown.
flowerforyou I know the feelingflowerforyou

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 04:07 PM

Hello everyone,

i just joined. I'm in London till February and recently single again.
As i'm counting down the weeks till i move, i'm just looking for some fun indoors and outdoors. This time of to year is too cold to stay by yourself don't you agree?

All like-minded London ladies can drop me a line any time!

waving Welcome and good luck:thumbsup:

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 03:56 PM

Father and son are walking in the countryside when they come across a stallion in a field.
Jonny says dad what is that enourmous thing sticking out between that horses back legs?
Well Jonny thats what is called a Penis, and it has many names such as a John Thomas, Willie,Dick,Dong,**** why do you ask son?
Well yesterday i was here with mum and i asked her the same question and she said it was NOTHING!
Well Jonny replies his dad your mum has been rather spoilt over the years!!laugh laugh Anna x
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

MirrorMirror's photo
Wed 12/23/09 03:41 PM

hey ladies, can you please be honest and tell me what you think about my profile? thanks
smitten dreamysmitten

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25