Community > Posts By > Scorpio_WJR

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Sun 05/01/11 05:45 AM
Edited by Scorpio_WJR on Sun 05/01/11 05:45 AM
I'm well aware of the risk but somehow have not yet learned not to take it frustrated

And have seen the dreaded room of cages before too. Its horrible

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Sun 05/01/11 05:21 AM
Edited by Scorpio_WJR on Sun 05/01/11 05:21 AM
Well they still have their umbilical cords so just born yesterday or the night before.

And I read that

"A newborn kitten cannot urinate or defecate on his own until he is about 2 ½ weeks old. You should keep an eye on mom and make sure she is licking and cleaning her kittens’ bottoms. If she is not (or not available to do so), you will have to do this yourself."

I think I'll stick to the cloth method lol :tongue:

Yes I was worried about leaving them at home while I go to work. At least its better than being abandoned in my front yard.

Do not expect:

society's gratitude, the Coveted Cat Award, anyone to adopt them.

unfortunately..

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Sun 05/01/11 04:50 AM
So I open my front door yesterday and there's this kitten just laying there on the porch. Loud mewing also reveals another kitten rolling around in the middle of the yard. I collect the kittens and put them in a box with an old shirt to keep warm. Momma cat never returned after many hours, so I brought them inside, bought some milk replacer and a small feeding bottle.

I think I may keep them, as I've been wanting a pet.

I've done a little research and been trying to keep them warm, clean and feed them every two hours. The one kitten won't take to the bottle, I've basically had to force it on him with a medicine dropper frown I'm wondering if they'll be ok on their own for about 10 hours while I'm away at work.

Anyone here have any advice for newborn kittens and what kind of things to expect / do in the coming weeks??

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Sun 05/01/11 04:38 AM
Seen a lot of recipes on here for peanut butter cookies...

Ever had a peanut butter cookie or peanut butter bread and enjoyed a taste so rich it left your chest hurting? There must be a way to make a cake with this flavor.

I've been told that you can't add peanut butter to a cake because its too heavy. I found this to be true after a few experiments and following bad recipes. Ended up making some kind of candy, rather than cake. grumble

One day, I will have my "Reese's Cake" that has rich peanut butter flavor and is also light, fluffy, and moist.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Thu 04/28/11 12:33 AM
34 for heavenlyboy34

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Tue 04/26/11 01:35 AM
I win!! :banana: :banana: Quick, lock the thread!!!

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Tue 04/26/11 01:29 AM
Edited by Scorpio_WJR on Tue 04/26/11 01:30 AM
Ironically, I don't want to be your friend because you are too friendly.. huh

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Sun 04/24/11 03:12 PM
And now there's too many eggs in my basket!!

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Sun 04/24/11 09:26 AM

Nope, but I know where he dropped off the goodies and that's why I'll head to my parent's house this afternoon to get them. :banana:

Yup same here!! :D

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Sun 04/24/11 03:56 AM
Edited by Scorpio_WJR on Sun 04/24/11 04:01 AM
The way I've always thought about it was:.... Singularity: compressed point of infinite mass and infinite density.....Event Horizon: change of state of incoming matter in which any energy stored in such matter is released....Quasar: released energy, viewable as light, radiating outward in all directions..... Similiar example: work is done to compress diesel fuel in a diesel engine, thus storing energy in the fuel, the fuel is compressed by the piston until it changes state, into water and gas, and stored energy is released, moving the piston back towards the uncompressed state. Antimatter? not convinced.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Sun 04/24/11 03:39 AM
Edited by Scorpio_WJR on Sun 04/24/11 03:40 AM
Happy Easter everyone!!!

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Sun 04/24/11 03:22 AM
Edited by Scorpio_WJR on Sun 04/24/11 03:31 AM
My date must be truly interested in me. Can't stand dates who are only looking for free handouts. My date must view it as a special memorable occasion worth dressing up for and putting effort into spending quality one on one time with me. Can't stand dates who view it as thier "treat". Can't stand dates who view it as a fashion show, to be seen in public dressed up with a man and see whose eye she catches. My date must appreciate my efforts and enjoy the event as if it were the best thing ever. My date must understand that she is the only one that I will do so for and it's special, not an experiment. Can't stand dates who treat me like an "option" and who think going out is a casual thing that you do every weekend with different guys. My date must have the stamina to make it through the entire date and have energy left over for bedtime. Can't stand dates who think that going to bed together isn't part of a date.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Sun 04/24/11 03:05 AM
First of all, I would reply and say "I do not understand, your english is very bad" It seems to me that this person just moved to the USA and has terrible English and got on Mingle2 for some reason. The word COMPENSATE strikes a bad note with me, it might be a scam, or the guy might literally not know how to type, or have his brother translating and typing for him, etc. The weird part is, I get these kind of messages to from these foriegn guys looking for women, its like they just go through and message everybodythe same or something. IDK but don't give out any personal info. Not sure what your opinion is on these foriegners preying upon American women, but I know what mine is! Good luck.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Sat 04/23/11 11:24 AM
Edited by Scorpio_WJR on Sat 04/23/11 11:26 AM
If we believe that matter has the ability to store energy... and this matter gets "sucked" into a black hole (due to gravitational forces) to the point where it is "broken apart or ultra-compressed" to become part of a singularity, would the energy stored in such matter be released as the matter is rearranged, thus becoming a quasar? Is energy affected by gravitational forces? The matter can be sucked into the black hole, but what happens to the energy stored in such matter?

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Fri 04/22/11 05:58 PM
My fav colors are red and black. Not really sure why, they are just my favorite. They make me feel powerful.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Fri 04/22/11 05:38 PM

Depends, on where you go, but I would be careful.

Bahahahaaha!
lol

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Fri 04/22/11 05:35 PM
So what does one have to do in order to earn a stroking? ;)

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Fri 04/22/11 05:13 PM
Dunno, maybe we are just conditioned to be that way. Men are expected to play a certain role in a relationship and we like to feel that we are doing a good job and look good in the eyes of our competitive peers. A majority of the women that I know are the opposite, don't seem to care about thier partner's opinion. But idk some need more than others I guess.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Thu 04/21/11 05:42 PM
Is there a code to insert a line or break (as if you hit the "enter" key)? Like <br> in html. My phone doesn't have this function.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Thu 04/21/11 05:34 PM

When you first meet someone, what might be a good sign that they are nuts and that you should not continue dating?

2. When he begins to tear up his newspaper and his coffee cup in to tiny pieces, creates a mountain of abused paper in the center of the table and whispers to it.

LMAO now I want to try that on my next first date just to see what kind of reaction I get!!