Community > Posts By > Scorpio_WJR

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Wed 07/20/11 01:37 AM
I'm fed up with moving on.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Wed 07/20/11 12:58 AM
There is an obstacle in my dating routine that I just can't seem to get past. After getting knocked down by it for about the 5th time in a row, I'm going to have to ask for advice on this one. This is new to me and not supposed to be how dating works.

So.. it always seems to be the same routine. I meet someone new, she seems very interested, I also become interested, we exchange phone numbers, facebook, etc, we enter the "we're talking" stage. We talk for a week or two, learn all about each other, express even more interest, that we like what we are hearing and are lucky to have met and so on. Arrangements are made for a first date (or meeting, in mingle cases), I get excited, she seems excited, things are going well in my eyes, no-one is being creepy, rude, controling, weird, etc... all of the potential is there!

And that's when it happens.. About 3-4 days before the first date, suddenly the texts or calls or emails just stop. The attention I was getting is suddenly just stripped away. I don't sweat it, I don't freak out, as I am used to this happening by now. I calmly wait until the end of the day, or the next day, and send out a simple "hey, how are you doing today?" or something like that. I either get a one word reply like "good" or "busy" or just get ignored all together.

By the time our planned date comes around, my crush has disappeared into thin air. I will ask "Hey are we still meeting up today?" but won't get a response. And that's it, I'll never hear from her again. I even had one just delete and block me online for no apparent reason.

I don't get it. I don't understand. I would understand the abandonment if I was being a pig, being rude, being creepy or something like that, but I'm sure that isn't the case. How can things be going along so well one day and then gone the next? People's feelings, emotions, and interests don't change overnight.

Is it normal for this to happen? It's most certainly not normal for me, I don't approach dating in this fashion. Do women think it's ok to just up and disappear at will? I'm getting tired of clearing my schedule for a first date and then ending up sitting around with my phone waiting for a call that never comes. I feel like I must be doing something wrong, or that there is something wrong with me. What can I do to stop women from standing me up? Women leave like that when there are serious problems, what do I need to change?

Can you help me minglers?

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Tue 07/05/11 01:03 PM
I am attracted to older women and I can back up alterette's post. Guys in my age group are still a little homesick and miss having a loving mommy to take care of them, give them guidance, and a large bosom to cling to when we're feeling insecure lol. We are also searching for a woman who can keep up with us sexually. Younger girls are more clumsy in bed and seem to be more interested in going out to party than staying home for sex. So an older woman offers both the appeal of a soft warm security blanket and the appeal of someone who knows what they are doing in bed. Personally 20 years is to older for me though, that would be creepy!!

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Thu 06/30/11 12:54 AM
You just post something and then check back later to see who has replied. You either post your own new topics or reply to someone elses. You wont ever know exactly who is reading or how long, its open to the public.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Wed 06/29/11 01:01 AM
Well it sounds to me like you have a virus, bc I have experienced similiar problems in the past (not this site). If those scanners detected anything at all, it is possible that you have a regenerating virus or several of them. Its possible that your OS is beyond repair too, not all viruses are curable.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Mon 06/27/11 03:21 AM
Sounds like a job for the Radio Flyer!!

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Mon 06/27/11 01:37 AM
While uncommon, my celebrity crush is Sara Gilbert. She played darlene on "Rosanne", Leslie on "The Big Bang", and is a host on "The Talk". Everytime I see her on TV I literally start drooling drool and going on about how amazing she is! Haha I am completely in love love and I am so jealous of that guy who is always playing her boyfriend!! rant

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Fri 06/24/11 08:13 PM
Its too late dude, you are already with her. It doesn't matter if someone better came along, there is always someone better out there. You should have thought about that before you commited to the one you are with now, jerk.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Fri 06/24/11 01:40 AM
noway. Smoking is socially unacceptable?? Since when!?

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Fri 06/24/11 01:34 AM
A person's relationship partner should be thier number 1 priority. There are a few exceptions, sometimes work, school, or personal issues need to be dealt with first in order to maintain a healthy relationship. Your next move should include explaining that you should be #1 priority but you don't feel like you are getting it. At least give them a chance to realize it, sometimes we get a little side tracked without thinking about it. how you go about doing this depends on your personality. Some people like to put thier foot down, while others are more passive, it's up to you.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Fri 06/24/11 12:58 AM
If you want to use a pre-made template, where you just fill in the blanks basically, then there should be a button or option at the top that says "template". The buttons are different depending on which year version of msword you are using. You can also use the feature called "tabs" to format your resume from scratch, but it's time consuming and complicated if you don't know what you are doing.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Fri 06/24/11 12:50 AM
If you use windows, you can just use microsoft paint to do simple things like rotating and resizing pictures. It already comes on your computer with windows, so there's nothing to download or install! If anyone wants detailed instructions on how to use mspaint, I'd be happy to help.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Thu 06/23/11 01:32 AM
Wishing they were as awesome as me!! smokin

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Thu 06/23/11 01:29 AM
Edited by Scorpio_WJR on Thu 06/23/11 01:29 AM

Then I'll just make a new one!! happy

drinker
because I can do anything. :thumbsup:

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Thu 06/23/11 01:23 AM
Maybe he means he can't stop thinking about all of the negative things and that whenever he thinks about you it causes depression or anger. You don't seem like the type of person to cause these feelings though.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Thu 06/23/11 01:11 AM
The answer is simply yes. It is cheating because you are taking away from your partner and giving it to someone else. If you want to talk, share feelings, have fun, etc then you should be doing that with your partner. Your partner is special, as he or she is the only one who gets that privledge. If you are going around giving that to other people as well, then it's not special anymore and the relationship becomes meaningless and loses it's value. Things that are abundant and easily obtained are not valuable, rare things are valuable and you have an obligation to your partner to uphold that value. If you aren't getting enough attention, maybe you should break up with him instead of ruining your credibility by cheating.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Thu 06/23/11 12:57 AM
Then I'll just make a new one!! happy

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Tue 06/21/11 02:58 PM
I read some of the replies and yes guy, SLOW THE F DOWN!!! Look at yourself getting all excited and planning and dictating how your perfect romantic encounter is going to be. What if she wants to make some of the plans too? You're not even giving her that chance. She is becoming unsure because you are smothering and taking all the control and no one likes that. You have the rest of your life to prove yourself to her or get what you want, no need to attempt to do it all in 2 weeks. My advice is that if you havent said ily yet, dont do it during your stay unless she does first. My advice was learned the hard way and I wish you the best of luck and hope you succeed where I have failed.

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Tue 06/21/11 02:41 PM
Boxer, I didn't read through all of the responses. My best advice for you is to first calm down for a second and think about this without all the influence of your doubts and insecurities. I can understand how after 5 years, you are ready to jump in head first. You might feel rushed as if this is the only opportunity for things to work out that way. I encourage you to give a little more balance of control here and respect her space. It is normal for most women to feel cold footed when making big changes, while guys face it with a "no fear, jump right in" attitude. She probably wants the same things that you do, but just not all at once so quickly. The two of you are at a disagreement about the pace, not the relationship itself, you are lucky she is letting you visit at all! Most women are looking 4 a guy who can b supportive of her ideas as well as his own, so find some balance between respecting her wishes & getting what u want. U r getting some of what u want by being allowed 2 visit, now return the favor!

Scorpio_WJR's photo
Sun 06/19/11 01:48 PM
Edited by Scorpio_WJR on Sun 06/19/11 01:49 PM
I'm also here to find a girlfriend and run into the same problem that most of the people on this site are here for friends and fun. I am here for the purpose of using the internet to meet someone that I wouldn't be able to bump into during my normal routine at school, work, and home. I would like to find someone who is close enough to me to start meeting and develop a short or mild distance romantic relationship with after a few introductory emails or internet fun. Or someone who is looking to move to a place where they can be nearby a supportive partner. There is also a vacancy in my home that I'm looking to fill. But alas! Most of the members come here for chit-chat and may find my purpose a bit creepy. I suppose the approach of not setting any expectations is healthy, as they will never get let down, but really I don't see how I would be able to achieve any results I were not actively hard working towards them. So thats what I'm here for!! drinker

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10