Community > Posts By > Wylie

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 01:12 PM

An Eisenhower wouldn't be out of the question IMHO.

The system is being bled dry by people not paying into it.

Increased incomes would help that problem, but it is easier to scapegoat those who dont have as much to pay ....

Toss the soap box, illegals aren't paying into the system but manage to collect from it.

well, firstly children dont pay taxes, regardless of immigration status, so that's irrelevant

second, of those which are of WORKING age,

Out of the nearly 11.1 million undocumented immigrants estimated to be living in the U.S., Pew Research projected that there were about 8 million in the workforce in 2014.

Nearly half, or 3.4 million, of those workers paid Social Security taxes, according to 2014 estimates from the Social Security administration. And while the agency doesn't have a figure for how much this group paid in taxes that year, it said that unauthorized immigrant workers and their employers contributed $13 billion in payroll taxes in 2010, its most current estimate.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/19/news/economy/undocumented-immigrant-taxes/index.html

so the argument that they all need to go because they are leeching off the system and dont pay in is also nonsense ....

Undocumented = illegal.
Get off your soap box you're fighting a losing battle just as so many American citizens are to the lower wages illegals are willing to work for feeding the canted laws for those with the wealth.

This reciprocates to the political level being money driven as well.

Those lower wages you refer to are justification for a work visa system that requires the payment of prevailing wages; that puts the existing working poor on the same wage playing field as immigrants. The employer is no longer able to pay substandard wages to immigrants from their fear of being turned in for they are legal workers who would not be deported. The employer would also be subject to existing wage, hours, and safety standards.

You need to straighten up your context. Immigrants and illegals are not the same.
)Of course they are not, that is obvious. When you give people who otherwise would be illegal, a workers visa, they become legal and part of the tax system. Employers need the workers and legal, holding a visa, is a much better solution all around. With that, the number of illegals in or trying to enter the country would be substantially reduced.

Damn it! It looks as though I read you out of context and blamed you! LOL!

I'm very much against rewarding illegals with work visas or even letting them back into the country on work visas after being caught here illegally. We all should pay our dues.
My ex was an immigrant and we played it to the letter.

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 12:39 PM
Edited by Wylie on Wed 01/30/19 12:47 PM

"I am also aware that mere documentation also caused people to see them as inferior and dangerous people that should be 'rounded up' and some even believed death was appropriate for such a breech as trying to be free when it was illegal. "

That would be your projected perception, not mine.

Your belittling terminology might fly in a school yard, I think it's time you grew up a little at least.

what terminology was 'belittling'?

I am very grown and trying to have a civil discussion.

Conduct yourself accordingly than.

Edit: You started the school yard talk

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 12:29 PM
Edited by Wylie on Wed 01/30/19 12:33 PM
"I am also aware that mere documentation also caused people to see them as inferior and dangerous people that should be 'rounded up' and some even believed death was appropriate for such a breech as trying to be free when it was illegal. "

That would be your projected perception, not mine.

Your belittling terminology might fly in a school yard, I think it's time you grew up a little at least.

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 12:13 PM
Edited by Wylie on Wed 01/30/19 12:16 PM

describing people based on involvement in something illegal isnt verification of lesser character or value of life ...

Freedoms and liberties are taken away from those taking part in illegal activities.

Yes, the 'freedom' to live free from incarceration and persecution, like all those listed above previously. But I doubt any of people in the above groups would ignite the over zealous fervor that the term 'illegal' immigrant does.

The simple fact of living here beyond legality whether through lapse of work visa or what ever is illegal.

I didn't own any slaves and generations of my earlier family didn't either, that term is aging quickly!

Burn that soap box sister it's long dead.

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 12:11 PM
Steak, likely broiled, seasoned prior to storage and maybe some steamed veggies.

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 12:05 PM

Increased incomes would help that problem, but it is easier to scapegoat those who dont have as much to pay ....

Toss the soap box, illegals aren't paying into the system but manage to collect from it.

well, firstly children dont pay taxes, regardless of immigration status, so that's irrelevant

Out of the nearly 11.1 million undocumented immigrants estimated to be living in the U.S., Pew Research projected that there were about 8 million in the workforce in 2014.

Nearly half, or 3.4 million, of those workers paid Social Security taxes, according to 2014 estimates from the Social Security administration. And while the agency doesn't have a figure for how much this group paid in taxes that year, it said that unauthorized immigrant workers and their employers contributed $13 billion in payroll taxes in 2010, its most current estimate.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/19/news/economy/undocumented-immigrant-taxes/index.html

so the argument that they all need to go because they are leeching off the system and dont pay in is also nonsense ....

Undocumented = illegal.
Get off your soap box you're fighting a losing battle just as so many American citizens are to the lower wages illegals are willing to work for feeding the canted laws for those with the wealth.

Those lower wages you refer to are justification for a work visa system that requires the payment of prevailing wages; that puts the existing working poor on the same wage playing field as immigrants. The employer is no longer able to pay substandard wages to immigrants from their fear of being turned in for they are legal workers who would not be deported. The employer would also be subject to existing wage, hours, and safety standards.

You need to straighten up your context. Immigrants and illegals are not the same.

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 12:02 PM
Edited by Wylie on Wed 01/30/19 12:02 PM
describing people based on involvement in something illegal isnt verification of lesser character or value of life ...

Freedoms and liberties are taken away from those taking part in illegal activities.

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 11:53 AM
Edited by Wylie on Wed 01/30/19 11:53 AM

Were you a union worker by chance?

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 11:51 AM
It was once illegal for a slave to run away too

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 11:45 AM
Edited by Wylie on Wed 01/30/19 11:49 AM

Undocumented = illegal.

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 11:34 AM

It all could be just a BIG SHOW to confuse the masses..the one thing I don't get is why is Hillary not in jail..and we know that the FISA warrant was illegaly obtained so how can they continue with the investigation..Some say that Q is short for Qanon ..military intelligence..time will tell .I hate to think that no one is investigating Hillary and she is going to get away with her crimes.. especially If we look at what the NYPD found on A.Weiner's laptop..How much of everything we know is lies..we do know that the main stream media has been lying to us for years if we look at Operation Mockingbird and what William Casey ex director of the CIA has said..So it's any one's guess..Time will tell .

There's no way in hell I'll ever claim to have all the answers. What I do know is that this country is not run by the people for the people and hasn't been for many decades if not since origin.

The military industrial complex isn't going to cut off it's own foot nor will the corporations that fund their own interests through the actions of the militants and other "policing" agencies.

It's long been known our media is fed to us with the interests of the elite whom literally get away with murder as long as they fill the rolls needed by the serious money.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWVgDLDNp5w

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 10:43 AM
Edited by Wylie on Wed 01/30/19 11:05 AM

This could all be a BIG SHOW

It's just a Roman Circus with cake for everyone if you ask me. And yeah I know the cake wasn't a real thing which just makes it more fitting IMHO.
Here
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/william-astore/bread-and-circuses-in-rom_b_3414248.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_them_eat_cake

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 10:26 AM

Hang in there patriots..sources say indictments are to be unsealed next week and they are not for Trump..One for sure.. Female/treason .Q

I'm not so sure about this Q, according to that source the indictments are only, what, 6,8 months late now?

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 10:15 AM

https://blog.thermoworks.com/thermometer/grilling-bbqwhats-difference/

One is grilling one is smoking have both a smoker and a grill~~~ You can BBQ either way~~whoa

"Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it!"

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 08:48 AM
https://blog.thermoworks.com/thermometer/grilling-bbqwhats-difference/

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 08:29 AM

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 07:39 AM

Illegal workers either have fake documents or working without. If an employer receives fake documents, the employer is required to withhold Social Security and income taxes. Are you suggesting that these employers are engaged in tax fraud?

So a debate on speculations made?
I'll go with too many employers fudge their taxes for $200 Bob.

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 07:19 AM
"There is BBQ and then there is Grilling.
I do both."

What he said.

Wylie's photo
Wed 01/30/19 07:15 AM

Wylie's photo
Tue 01/29/19 10:09 PM
I almost sort of think I might be able to come up with something, give me a minute.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 14 15