Community > Posts By > lilith401

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/23/09 08:28 AM
But you just joined two days ago?

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/23/09 07:57 AM
I value my privacy. I have nothing to hide, but no way am I giving my BF access to my accounts. Mail, bank, or otherwise. Nor do I want access to his.

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/23/09 07:24 AM

yawn

That's what I thought you would say nothing. Know nothing say nothingtongue2

IV I think there is a love connection here!

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/23/09 07:19 AM
How about completing the semester and then following your mother and finishing school near her?

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/23/09 07:18 AM
http://mingle2.com/topic/show/247441

Makes more sense now?:wink:

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/23/09 07:09 AM
Tru Dat. Yo. Foshizzle.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/23/09 07:08 AM
Welcome!! Read often, post often, mail people often!

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/23/09 07:07 AM
Ohhh Fear, that made me so hot. I feel s3xy now. love love love

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/23/09 07:01 AM
Obviously the poster picking on IV hasn't seen him without his shirt on.

Good gravy!!

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/23/09 07:01 AM
I thought the abbreviation was "shld" ????

IDK

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/23/09 06:40 AM
This guy is a relationship counselor????
No wonder so many people don't make it through counseling.

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/23/09 06:34 AM
It's just so odd that this article tells you to "be glad" that you snooped, and never addresses the issue of breaking all trust within the relationship.

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/23/09 06:28 AM
For me it goes beyond that....and is far simpler.

If he doesn't return calls or texts timely.

If he is late or forgets plans, or cancels plans to do things with other people.

If he makes tentative plans and doesn't call you until right before, then asks... Did you still want to go out?

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/23/09 06:26 AM
I totally agree with the seeing things differently question. I tend to go with the saying that I would not want to say or do anything with someone else that I would not want to do or say in front of my partner. That key thing would be so important in a relationship, that the other person feels the same way. It is a respect issue.

For example.... I am currently involved with someone, and it's just been wonderful. On Saturday night we went out with a group of my friends. I went to the bar to grab a drink and a diet coke for my friend, and I was hit on pretty heavily while I was waiting. I politely declined. While this was happening, I was thinking I hoped Jeff could not see it. I never mentioned it. Had he seen it, I would have gladly told him what happened. But, I did not tell him out of respect. To come back to the table and announce that would've just been ridiculous. But my actions at the bar were the same actions that I would have made had Jeff been right there next to me. I hid nothing, but I did not flaunt it either.

It is a very fine line. I know that I arrived with him, I left with him, and I had eyes only for him. And I respect him enough to not allow anything to interfere with that.

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/23/09 06:09 AM
Rent a movie you've not seen, and turn off your phone. If you can't do that, invite a friend over or better yet, ask a friend to pick you up and hang out with them.

You teach people how to treat you. There will be those who do not treat you well, and you must walk away.

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/23/09 06:05 AM
One of my favorite Dr. Philisms is "a person with nothing to hide hides nothing".

If I felt something was wrong, I'd have to just ask. And if I was not happy with the answer, well... a person's gut instinct is rarely off base. I don't think I could snoop without ruining the relationship. Without communication, respect, and integrity, well, without that I cannot have any sort of real intimacy.

This was a very interesting article.

lilith401's photo
Tue 09/22/09 09:47 AM
I lucked out... I met someoneone, from another site actually... and he lives in the next town. Not even, just on the other side of it. 12 minute drive. LUCKY!!!!

It only took 7 years.

lilith401's photo
Tue 09/22/09 09:41 AM

yankees with U-Hauls

This yankee has driven a u-haul.. the "mom's attic" to be specific. I do adopt a southern accent when I drive it too.... but I promise I won't take it to Texas!!laugh

lilith401's photo
Tue 09/22/09 09:33 AM
Dubby, you will have closure when YOU decide it's over. You don't need to see her or talk to her to do it. You know you really don't want to see her either. Not a good idea.

Try writing her a goodbye letter, and burn it afterwards. Closure is something you create and define.

It's also helpful if you forgive yourself for whatever your part was in the relationship and figure out what you learned. Then you can move on.

lilith401's photo
Tue 09/22/09 09:29 AM
I married a threatening, violent, selfish, angry misogynistic sociopath. Huge mistake there. I was warned and did not heed those warnings.