Community > Posts By > lilith401

lilith401's photo
Wed 05/16/12 04:29 PM

When convicted sex offenders get charged with a new crime, it is usually for failure to register or failure to verify an address.

It is usually NOT for a new sexual offense.

I should have clarified, sorry.

Thanks....I really did believe the recidivism rate for sex offenders was high...I think a lot of us did or do....flowerforyou

Going to read up on it....:smile:

It's a very common misconception. The registration laws make it very difficult to even found housing, work, or services. This often leads to the charges for failure to register or for people to do what Lex did. Now, I'm not saying sexual offenders don't commit crimes against children again, but the fact is recidivism rates from them are not as high as other crimes. The dangerous offenders are those that haven't gotten caught, or got away with it.

lilith401's photo
Wed 05/16/12 04:19 PM
When convicted sex offenders get charged with a new crime, it is usually for failure to register or failure to verify an address.

It is usually NOT for a new sexual offense.

I should have clarified, sorry.

lilith401's photo
Wed 05/16/12 04:17 PM

Folks, please do not rely on the sex offender sites. They are not reliable and contain only a small portion of those convicted of sexually oriented offenders. They also do not have any information on the people who haven't been caught or are in hiding. Those are the dangerous people. I thought I read a post about sex offenders having high recidivism rates. That is not true.

It's not true. Please be wary of everyone.

re·cid·i·vism   [ri-sid-uh-viz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
repeated or habitual relapse, as into crime.
Psychiatry . the chronic tendency toward repetition of criminal or antisocial behavior patterns.

You mean it IS true don't you?....Sex offenders do have high recidivism rates....

Nope, I typed very carefully. If you look at recidivism rates for opportunistic crimes they are considerably higher. Burglary, Robbery, drug cases, etc. I work in the court system, so I'm not naive.

lilith401's photo
Wed 05/16/12 04:14 PM

I was told about this situation by a couple of people, and this now makes the second person on this site who was not who they alleged to be. I read the news story as well. It really shows you the depth that people will go to in order to gain acceptance and try to deny who they truly are.

Who was the first person if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all. It was a man I met on here, years ago. He alleged he was in recovery, sober and very sure of himself. We had a brief romance. He died shortly after I found out he lied about most everything he told me. His death was alcohol related.

What sickens me was the I had Lex's phone number and I had texted with him over the years.

(i used to post in here often)

Wow! I honestly don't know what to say. I guess in one way you were lucky it was just a brief thing, things could have been a lot worse.

It's a very sad day for a lot of Minglers. He was a friend to a lot of people on here. I'm almost sick to my stomach, I cannot imagine what others on here are feeling.

It shouldn't surprise you in the least. I learned my lesson before, and truly it hurt me so badly then. Thank you for your kind words. He stole money and trust from me, that I can never get back.
People lie, and it's so easy on the Internet. Lex has a deviant preference, like chocolate over vanilla. If he had been honest? Would anyone speak to him? He was bright, he knew exactly what he was doing.

lilith401's photo
Wed 05/16/12 04:03 PM
Folks, please do not rely on the sex offender sites. They are not reliable and contain only a small portion of those convicted of sexually oriented offenders. They also do not have any information on the people who haven't been caught or are in hiding. Those are the dangerous people. I thought I read a post about sex offenders having high recidivism rates. That is not true.

It's not true. Please be wary of everyone.

lilith401's photo
Wed 05/16/12 04:01 PM

I was told about this situation by a couple of people, and this now makes the second person on this site who was not who they alleged to be. I read the news story as well. It really shows you the depth that people will go to in order to gain acceptance and try to deny who they truly are.

Who was the first person if you don't mind me asking?

Not at all. It was a man I met on here, years ago. He alleged he was in recovery, sober and very sure of himself. We had a brief romance. He died shortly after I found out he lied about most everything he told me. His death was alcohol related.

What sickens me was the I had Lex's phone number and I had texted with him over the years.

(i used to post in here often)

lilith401's photo
Wed 05/16/12 03:48 PM

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/29/10 09:12 AM
Aww, I just read some nice posts about me.

Thank you!flowerforyou

I missed all of you. Just couldn't get in at work.. and then, filter lifted!

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/29/10 09:04 AM
What happened to Mirror?

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/29/10 09:03 AM
This depends.

If you take time to get to know them, with boundaries,
it will be longer before you get attached.

The faster you allow someone in and actively integrate
them into your daily activities and decision making,
then the faster you will get attached.

If you tend to get attached quickly it's important to go slow.

There is a good reason:

A person who comes into your life like whirlwind and is easily and quickly attached is a RED FLAG. They will leave your life just as quickly and possibly without a second thought. You may think they care about you, but chances are they are just happy to not be alone and likely flit to person to person for brief, intense and utterly meaningless relationships. Ones they say mean something.

A true bond takes time to build.

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/29/10 08:26 AM
I did not read this entire thread but let me give this a go:

1. A woman they can trust.
2. Sex that is intense without conditions or withholding
based on games, manipulation, or anger.
3. Blow jobs without teeth.
4. A partner that respects and admires them and vice versa.
5. A woman who is independent and has her own life,
and lets him have his without hassle. However, there exist shared
interests and activities.
6. A woman who listens. And hears what is being said rather than
what she wants to hear.
7. A woman who is financially independent.

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/29/10 07:50 AM

How short is too short?

When you have to ask.

I used to want to show up on dates with a tape measure
I got so tired of being lied to!!!

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/29/10 07:46 AM

<- Curstey.

It's nice to be missed.

HI HOlly, nice to see you again flowerforyou

And you, Carole!:banana:

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/29/10 07:37 AM
Edited by lilith401 on Wed 09/29/10 07:38 AM
Well. I got some brutal honesty for you here. I hope this helps.
For me, it would help. It's easier getting over something if you realize there really wasn't anything to get over.

According to the limited information you provided, this was a young, immature kid who really didn't have feelings for you. Or respect. He took advantage of your kindness and on your end, you gave but never expected reciprocity. If you don't get back what you give, you're with a user. A taker. And to be in a one sided relationship.... and stay a year and a half?

Please don't start dating again yet. You need to build up your self worth again. And date a mature guy. Age not withstanding... you just need maturity.

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/29/10 07:17 AM
<- Curstey.

It's nice to be missed.

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/29/10 07:16 AM

I missed you, too! I was SO tempted to call you a few times....!!

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

flowers flowers flowers

Ditto, doll. My work blocked the site for a while and for some reason I tried to get in again today and it just let me.
I'm thrilled!

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/29/10 07:05 AM

You ears must have been burning........flowerforyou

Really? Do tell!

And Sherrie, If I did I'm sure it was well deserved. I've always been brutally honest!

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/29/10 06:58 AM

Real lemons contain dextrofortinol, which, if ingested, can be poisonous to people with certain allergies.

The Sexy Lexy Lexicon.

I missed you, darling. flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou love love love love love

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/29/10 06:58 AM

No cash reward.

nice to see you flowerforyou flowerforyou

Thanks! I missed it here.

lilith401's photo
Wed 09/29/10 06:47 AM
No cash reward.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25