LucyEleanorMonoratz's photo
Fri 07/01/11 10:45 PM

I am a very overweight woman. I work out daily now and take care of myself. However, I'm still a little uncomfortable in public.

When I meet a guy and he starts flirting with me, I will make a fat joke about myself to make me feel more comfortable. I have done stand-up before and when i can make people laugh, I feel better.

Out of guys I flirt with, I get no laughs...is it a bad idea to try and make light of myself?

Humor is a good thing. But I would suggest waiting until you know him better. Overweight people often do this so they laugh at themselves before the other person does. It's just a habit you can break. Let your good qualities shine first.

Fri 07/01/11 10:30 PM
I'm thinking about getting fake ones.

Fri 07/01/11 09:44 PM

I don't know how to respond to giving up.

I don't give up on myself, others or what I want. What I want is more important than not finding it.

Advice: raise your standards and review what you really want.

Good answer Monier!

:thumbsup:

Sat 06/25/11 08:30 PM
Edited by LucyEleanorMonoratz on Sat 06/25/11 08:32 PM
Hi Brucie 5,

I think you have a good profile. You have posted nice pictures showing different aspects of your life. You also told us what you are looking for in a partner.

My only suggestion would be to write more. List music groups, books, and movies you like. That gives women something to find in common with you. Anything you can say specific to yourself will give you a greater chance to catch the interest of the ladies.

Another idea, do you nudge people, look at the profiles of women or leave a short email if someone interests you? Don't wait for others to make the first move.

Go on the message boards and post responses. You will meet people faster there.

I think you have a positive profile so stay positive and jump in!

:wink:

Sat 06/25/11 06:30 PM
My positive attitude. I believe a good and happy life starts there.

Thu 06/23/11 07:08 PM

I FOUND HER LOOK ALIKE. UMA THURMAN.

SEAMAC-----------------------------------------------------------UMA

Lordy I wish!!!! Thanks for the huge huge compliment!!!

Hey! you really do look like her!!

Thu 06/23/11 06:36 PM

Some say I like Princess Leia but I have no idea why.

RUTH AND---------------------------PRINCESS LAYA

If you did your hair up like Princess Leah, you would look VERY MUCH like her!

Thu 06/23/11 06:23 PM

There's a lady here that is the spitting image of Mary Stuart Masterson. I forget her name. I'm embarrassed to say who some people think I look like. It seems preposterous to me.

C'mon.....tell us! Tell us who it is...please!

Thu 06/23/11 05:48 PM
I'm SOOO sorry the Canucks didn't win...I think they deserved it. I was rooting for them all the way. Here's to next year!

drinker

Thu 06/23/11 05:39 PM
He's a 10 for sure! A cutie and a personal trainer in the UK! Way cool! winking

Sun 06/19/11 08:43 PM

here goes :

try a heavy dose of fabric softern in a delicate cycle of cold / warm / cold water
then stretch it gently in to shape. I had to do that to a sweater . if that don't work make mittens from it( called wadmal) they will be warm .....

I've made mittens from that! Only we did it on purpose LOL bigsmile

Sun 06/19/11 08:23 PM

im crocheting my grandkids blankets for christmas

i even made one for my mom and my great neice

i have 3 done and 2 to go

im half done with my oldest granddaughter.
its a butterfly and im using yellow for the triming and the way it looks its butterfly with the sun in the back its pretty cool
its almost done and then i need to start with my grandsons

my great neice i was playing around with the stiches on the yarn not realizing what i was doing and it came out as a heart...

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Would you be willing to put up pictures of them? I'd love to see them. I made a dogwood flower afghan for my aunt, so when she passed my cousin gave it to me. I'm glad because it reminds me of my aunt. Also I wanted one for me but it was too labor intensive to make another one.

Sun 06/19/11 07:32 PM
Edited by LucyEleanorMonoratz on Sun 06/19/11 07:33 PM
krupa, these are truly amazing...thanks so much for sharing them. One of your ladies that you did has a shape so much like mine I couldn't stop staring at her. Had to think back....I don't remember posing for any artists!

noway noway noway noway noway

what what what what what what

Sun 06/19/11 07:32 PM
krupa, these are truly amazing...thanks so much for sharing them. One of your ladies that you did has a shape so much like mine I couldn't stop staring at her. Had to think back....I don't remember posing for any artists!

noway noway noway noway noway

Sun 06/19/11 06:59 PM
I'm pretty new here, and I don't know how to put a picture in the reply box. Where do I go on this site to learn how to do that? I'd like to show you my jewelry as well.

Sun 06/19/11 06:46 PM
I crochet and enjoy that alot. I also do cross stitch and like that as well. Right now though, I'm into making bookmarks with pressed flowers, pieces of leaves, paper and other objects I find. I burn the edges of yellowed pieces of music book paper and really like the look of that in there.

I also do crafts with children, and if anyone has any ideas for that I ALWAYS appreciate hearing about them.

Sun 06/19/11 06:41 PM
I make jewelry too, but I have a ways to go to do a decent job on wire bending. I make earrings with silver wire and findings. Now my brother is very good at wire bending and when I see him he will wrap up crystals and some of his hand-made beads for me to use. It's an ongoing practice for me.

Sun 06/19/11 05:53 PM

would you risk your life to save somebody elses?

I sure would... And would never think twice about it.

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." This is from the Bible, John 15:13. It is so similar to your question that I see them as one in the same. I believe that, and I certainly hope I would do it without a second thought. I've never been in that situation so I don't feel I can guarantee it. But if I didn't, I don't know how I would live with myself.

Sun 06/19/11 11:10 AM

Uncle Brocca!!!

Can we play Scrabble?

If I win, you buy the ice cream?

While your headin to the store I have a whole list for ya.

I'll buy the ice cream if you win, but I'm the queen of Scrabble. So I'll take Moosetracks ice cream.

Give me your list and fork over some cash. I'll go to the store and MAKE SURE there are peas on the list!

Sat 06/18/11 10:27 PM
Edited by LucyEleanorMonoratz on Sat 06/18/11 10:32 PM
John Grisham
Tom Clancy (not the OP series though)
Jeffrey Deater
JRR Tolkien
Mary Stewart
also like nonfiction

Previous 1 3