no photo
Wed 02/06/08 03:52 PM
and for a LIMITED TIME!!!!!! noway bigsmile drinker laugh

no photo
Wed 02/06/08 10:31 AM
Happy Birthday!!! drinker drinker drinker

no photo
Wed 02/06/08 10:23 AM

Actualy I believe in God, creator of all. Notice I've never said big bang was law, but it is in fact very close, Einstein was very close in measuring what turned out to be the expansion. Of course, I posted the link http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/astronomy/bigbang.html which goes into some of the specifics, but big bang appears to be an astro reality which could only happen once per universe. So again, I'm not telling anybody they have to believe it, but the facts we do have point to the big bang, the further in space we see the further in the past we see. If you couldn't tell, I'm a big fan of astro science;^]

I understand. I'm not saying the big bang didn't happen, it probably did, because of the evidence of it probably did. And I believe it was part of a "grand design", just as the earth, with volcanos and movement of land mass changes over time. Same with space.

And those things I refer to as "specualtion" is like stating rediculous time lines..like "5 billion years ago". There are simply too many "unknown variables" that could have happened in such a time span.

I can easily admit, you know far more than me in the space knowledge...I simply do not know much..barely any basics. I look more at "logic" and "reason" to attempt to put the puzzle together. bigsmile

no photo
Wed 02/06/08 10:09 AM

You're young. It happens. Don't compare one guy to past guys.

They're not all the same! :)

Wait a second...I say PLEASE DO COMPARE!!!!

Because when you do "compare" you will find some of us to be MUCH BETTER than the others! noway bigsmile drinker drinker flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 02/06/08 09:57 AM

im frustrated with men 99.9% of the timeohwell laugh

Wow! You mean I'm in the .1% of anything now!!??? noway drinker laugh flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 02/06/08 09:54 AM

Am I the only one that friggin hates Valentines Day? Why do we have to have a day that we have to drop a bunch of money to show someone you love them? And what about all the single people?

LOL..yes I'm afraid you are the only one! noway bigsmile laugh flowerforyou

You have been singled out by the powers of the universe. Cupid is toying with you.

My suggestion is you find that little SOB with the hearts and arrows and kick his widdle butt! noway drinker bigsmile laugh flowerforyou flowerforyou

(this is just joking my dear) bigsmile

no photo
Wed 02/06/08 09:51 AM

Again, big bang is not speculation, which would be a hypothisis in the scientific field. It's a theory, which means it's backed up by evidence and mathmatics. There's tons of evidence about the big bang, but don't believe it if you don't want to, still the fact remains nearly all astro physicists support the big bang. Einstein famously tried to measure the retraction of the universe to find it was expanding, faster & faster, and if big bang theory had been around then he suely would have been behind it as Stephen Hawking is today and Carl Sagan was inbetween;^]

I count "big bang" as a "theory" not speculation. I never said it was not a theory.

And we can use Einstein here as well. Einstein stated himself towards the end of his life, that he believed there must be a "master designer" to all of this (referring to this world and the universe). he did NOT refer specifically to "God" or a "God", but as a "master designer", meaning someone/thing planned and designed what everything we see is. I happen to concur with that theory of Einstein.

Again, mine is just a theory and my belief. Not saying its "fact" of "absolute". Simply the most reasonable logical estimation of what all this stuff is about. because I'll be the first to admit, I don't really know "jack". bigsmile laugh flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 02/06/08 09:42 AM

Guys..im sick of you toying with me and only using me for one thing...do you ever grow up and start to care about a person for who they are and not what they look like?!!!

One thing?? You mean there is a woman who still does dishes!!??? noway laugh

Just kidding. Can say the same for women, but they want more than "one thing"..and it not what you refer to. :tongue: laugh

Just have to face it...the more people in the world the more "jerks" we have to encounter and the fewer "genuine" people there are out there.

Hope you can find a guy like me ... only the BEST!!! flowerforyou bigsmile drinker laugh

no photo
Wed 02/06/08 09:37 AM
Prayers out to all! flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Wow, tornados in February!! That's WEIRD! I spent most of my life in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area..tornado alley. To have tornados this time of year is strange. noway

no photo
Wed 02/06/08 09:31 AM
Edited by Sumthingdifferent on Wed 02/06/08 09:33 AM

Theory is NOT speculation, see hypthosis for speculation. Read the link, the evidence is there;^]

I never said "theory" was "specualtion". i said it was either "theory" OR "specualtion" and that was about "most" things, not "all things" in the universe. happy

And again, to try to state something happened about "5 billion years ago" is not even close to logic. There are simply way too many "unknown factors" in such a time span of something we (as humans) don;t even have any real clue of yet. So that I refer to as "specualtion" and in my opinion, its not even "reasonable speculation" when looking at such a timeline of somethng like the "universe".

We can't even solve our own simple educational problems in our country, yet we know how the univers works and what happened millions, billions and trillions of years ago to something that is some 130 billion light years away??? What's wrong with such a picture? flowerforyou bigsmile

no photo
Wed 02/06/08 09:20 AM

To believe that 2 particle crashed together and exploded into everything is ALSO a matter of FAITH. it is conjecture at best and even scientist themselves state THEORY.

That's a bit of misconceptions about the big bang, http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/astronomy/bigbang.html

Not so much a matter of faith, we actualy have evidence of the big bang and can measure it. Thanks to radio astronomy we can even hear the remnants of it. Faith is belief without evidence, though not "proovable" since we can't actualy turn back the clock (yet) and watch it, the evidence of the big bang is overwhelming;^]

Hey Turtle, hope all is well. happy

Have to disagree in a few areas. I think "most" is theory and speculation on human part.

Yes, there are certain things we actually know of what exists now. However to even attempt to place "datelines" going back, millions, billions and trillions or years is simply obserd in my book. It is simply impossible to estimate, comprehend, or try to guess what could have happened in the universe at any given time.

Humans have only began to have any real kinds of study and knowledge over the last 100 years or so, with most "tech" things, like the radio telescope you describe, maybe the last 50 or 60 years and this is from the beginning of human existance.

So to say we have any true "knowledge" of what has happened and what is really going on in the universe...well its rather bogus from any logical standpoint.

Humanity knows so little of and about what is out there. We are starting to learn a few things, granted. But most is "theory" or simple "speculation" at the very best from any standpoint, including my own. flowerforyou bigsmile

no photo
Wed 02/06/08 09:10 AM

turtlepoet.... you didn't answer my question. What are your credentials? Okay, I get it. Your non-anwer is that you have none.

Credentials?? You have any?? I don't, but I think the person I agree with had a few...his name was Albert Einstein.

I think he was a little bit known in the scientific world. maybe not near as much as you, but thats another story. noway bigsmile drinker laugh flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 02/06/08 08:40 AM
Edited by Sumthingdifferent on Wed 02/06/08 08:46 AM

I've taken several stands in the past, and have had laws looked at over again because of those stands. The problems with takeing stands such as that today is the Freedom Act, persay we express our opinion on the war and it be a negative one the Freedom Act labels us terrorist supporters. Such as was the case with Peace Fresno in California, we are no longer truly as free as we were and it's based on "national security".

True, they will attempt to use such terms and that thier actions are based on "National Security", when in fact, it is nothing but thier ploy to CONTROL the PEOPLE the way THEY WANT.

It's actually pretty simple when you get down to the "bottom line". Read the Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights. It's not complicated and the "INTENT" of those thing relevant are CLEAR!

If someone, back then, did not stand up and "question" thier government and its actions...anyone remember "taxation without representation", then we'd all would be BRITISH NOT AMERICANS! noway

We have both the RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITY AS AMERICANS TO AND FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE! The United States government, specifically referring to the President, much of the Congress and Senate are CORRUPT and are bought and paid for by "special interest" (basically those who have all the money to buy them) and that is who controls America right now.

Imagine, Clinton and Obama has spent (just estimated by media, I have no real facts to back this one up) over $100 MILLION DOLLARS EACH on this running alone. For a 4 year position that pays $250K a year (basically ONE million dollars plus bennies). Why!!?? Because they are BOUGHT AND PAID FOR and will do as those who paid all that money for will direct them to do! It's NOT in the best interest of the AMERICAN PEOPLE AS A COUNTRY! And I am NOT picking on the Democrats, its the Republican too and ANY "CARRER POLITIAN"..period. I am NOT "democrat" nor "republican" nor "independent"..I AM AMERICAN and ONLY AMERICAN!!!

The carreer politician has learned to use critical issues, such as education, social security, etc, to keep the focus off what they are really doing and to keep the American people looking at those issues, that have NEVER been fixed (and have been clearly known to me since I was a child and I am 42 now) so that no attention is paid to all the things going on in the "background".

There may be another "revolution" coming..and it will be to take this country back to give the POWER BACK TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE where it BELONGS! But Americans MUST WAKE UP AND TAKE ACTION. flowerforyou drinker

no photo
Tue 02/05/08 11:04 PM

I'm in the process of building a website to discuss such issues, sign petitions, and work tegether to make a difference.

I'm gathering as much information as I can now.

Cool and my appluse for attempting do actually do something about it! drinker

But I can tell you from first hand experience, don;t even waste your time with "petitions" and the like. Those simply get overlooked the days.

The best example I could probably give..say your neighbor has a dog and it barks all the time. At first it bugs you, hearing it everyday. But after a while, you "tune it out" and after a couple of years, a friend comes over and says "man, what with the dog barking all the time"..and by then, you don't even notice it.

The time has come that the only real thing id pure 'action", by boycotts and HUGE in person demonstrations We are going to have to be the "dog" but now instead of just "barking" (paying lip service) we are going to have to "jump the fence and bite some people in the butt"! drinker

ACTION GETS RESULTS! thats why I have been known to carry a picket sign on occassion. bigsmile

But we MUST get Americans off thier butts and actually doing somehting about this.

America is in very SERIOUS stuff now and its all falling apart and even they can;t hold it together anymore. We, the American people, MUST TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK OR WE WILL LOSE IT! smokin

no photo
Tue 02/05/08 10:55 PM

I just finished watching an episode of "The Universe" on TV. They talked of dark matter and dark energy being formed along with everything else at the instant of the "Big Bang". But can anyone tell me what exploded in the big bang that created everything out of nothing?

Thats a heck of a question! drinker

You'll get plenty of views I am sure. But I will stick with Einstein who said something like "there had to be a "master designer" in all of this (meaning the earth, the unviverse, etc)". Although he did not state "God" it runs along those lines. I personally believe there is a "God" who created and designed all of this we se,know and still have no clues about.

Something like the "Big Bang" and everything we see coming together as "happenstance", thats just not logical even from a scientific standpoint. Way too many thing we are even now just finding out about, that all reproduces after itself, etc, etc. Way too much for it not to be "designed" with purpose..not happenstance.

Just my opinion. flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 02/05/08 10:44 PM

Got to love the "propaganda machine" by the United States government. Seems to work very well on most Americans. They voted Bush in twice just for starters. the American people sit back silently, or at best most pay "lip service" while the government takes the American's Constitutional Rights away, change laws for nothing more than monitary gain and evern pay for oil with American lives.

What you see now is nothing but "weapons of mass distraction". The real "fun" is not too far off though. Get off the tracks...the train is coming! noway smokin

Hey, if you know the truth and try to tell people the truth, you are a freedom hater, atleast that's what the proganda machine says.

LOL..a "freedom hater"? Why don;t I tell the people about the truth? Umm I did not see you with a picket sign on Capitol Hill within the last year that stated the "truth". In fact, you and many others see people like me as "crazy" or "extremists". I have told the "truth" and many listen and some even agree...yet they still do nothing to solve it. They have "fear" because they don;t want to risk losing something like a house, or other material possesssions.

You sit and do nothing while our government sends Americans to pay with thier lives for OIL. What have YOU done about it??? flowerforyou

I think you misunderstood. I agree with you 100%. I was saying that they make it out to look like anyone that is smart enough to see through their lies and realize the truth and do something about it is "crazy", an "extermist", a "freedom hater", etc.

Ok my bad! Sorry! flowerforyou

Yes, thats what I mean by "weapons of mass DECEPTION". they twist everything around, throw up more smokes screens and try to pull more mirror tricks to keep everything "off balanced" and "confused" and to "overwhelm the populus" so they don;t have time to see the REAL TRUTH! bigsmile

no photo
Tue 02/05/08 10:37 PM

ahhh hahaha a lot you know our votes dont even count so there!!

As to the "vote" that is true. BUT if the people will STAND TOGETHER, TAKE ACTION, THAT CAN CHANGE! flowerforyou drinker

no photo
Tue 02/05/08 10:36 PM

Any post about politics, it's usually a heated topic.

You bet! And this should be one of them. because its going to take a LOT of people to stand up and take this country back from the corrupt SOB's who control it now! flowerforyou drinker