Community > Posts By > Sammy Dan

Sammy Dan's photo
Tue 04/30/19 11:54 AM
Florida Panthers are indigenous

Originally a native of Florida. Used to hear them from time to time while camping. You'd swear it was a woman's scream.

Sammy Dan's photo
Tue 04/30/19 11:33 AM
Probably not worth a hoot. Totally out of practice on this. Awkward might be a better description. It's not that I lack confidence, I don't. Just been a long time with no need of it. Now finding that track again a bit of slow go.

Sammy Dan's photo
Tue 04/30/19 11:28 AM
Made a playlist, pre-listening before tonight's stream. This one post humorously for the room owner, who died sometime between Saturday and Sunday.

Made macaroni salad for eats, great in hot weather.

...and finally found filters to eliminate a lot of the scammers that come through here. Hurray!!!!!

Sammy Dan's photo
Tue 04/30/19 09:42 AM
There's been some events in life, earthshaking sorts of events. Some deaths of those known to me, some near deaths, some more personal in nature.

I tend to think I've been lucky in the ways that count. I've done things most will never have the chance to do, been places I'd never have picked as ideal spots to go, and had experiences sometimes for the best and sometimes no one should go through.

Things happen in life. You survive, pick up, and go on. The alternative to that isn't one you'd wish.

All in all, they wind up making you who you are. Your experiences color who you are and the way you are in the long run.

So still walking this good earth and happy to be here. As I look around I know I am extremely fortunate. I appreciate that.

Sammy Dan's photo
Tue 04/30/19 09:21 AM
They tell me there are a lot of cougars around...provided you're in California and running the mountain trails.

Sammy Dan's photo
Tue 04/30/19 08:05 AM
Oh geeze, morning?

I'm not human till I've had my coffee. I'm working on it.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 10:53 PM
I've enough hobbies I don't have time for them all.

I like woodwork, have my tools in a shed till I get a shop up. I DJ on line, do 3D artwork, love to grill and cook, like canoeing and kayaking and try to do some every summer, love music and haven't been able to get back to the guitar for other pressing business.

An example of my 3D artwork...

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 09:32 PM
Tonight was a time factor as will be tomorrow. So in a hurry, it's cardboard pizza.

When I have the time, I prefer to make home cooked meals. If you wanna eat, best learn to cook.

Me, I like to try things I've never had before. So I stay in the recipes for something new when I do cook.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 09:11 PM
Just finished my stream for the night as a DJ. Got shocking news while at it. The owner of the room where I do so was found dead, no autopsy has been preformed yet so the cause of death is not yet official. She'd run the room for 13 years.

She will be solely missed as a great lady of compassion and wisdom.

Tomorrow I'll do a stream in her honor. For the now, just stunned.

I'm sorry if this post does not belong here. At the moment I'm still sort of at odds with things.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 08:11 PM
Research on this has been done long ago. It's a matter of economics and technology. Several companies have formed with this idea in mind.

Lighter elements mostly won't be available. Elements like platinum, gold, silver, iron, nickel, carbon, water in the form of ices. There are generally 3 types of asteroids, those with a high abundance of water, those with metal content, and those with even higher metal content.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asteroid_mining

As for the value, this article will tell you that...

Who wants to be a trillionaire

https://www.engineering.com/DesignerEdge/DesignerEdgeArticles/ArticleID/15308/Asteroid-Mining-Who-Wants-to-be-a-Trillionaire.aspx

Even the engineering on how to get these items out of it have been looked at with the idea that nothing can be released. As you mention liability will rest with what will most likely be mining consortiums. Like it or not, some one will try it.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 05:26 PM
What a sense of humor... too good mzrosie.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 05:19 PM
Hello Yesyes73, from one noob to another. Hope you like it here.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 04:38 PM
First time here, must have a familiar face. *smiles*

Or it could be I tried to reg last nite but the site didn't like any of my three email boxes. I'm a privacy nut so they aren't what you would consider a corporate mail box. It's not I look for making trouble. I prefer protection and some places I've been on the net it was both necessary and a good thing I think that way.

After reading your profile, I'm happy for you mzrosie that you had fantastic luck with a good diagnosis of the cancer. Congratulations.

A flower for those that have answered, curiosity of my artwork as a 3D artist.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 04:05 PM
As far as tires go, there is already a disposal fee. You pay it twice, once when you buy the tire and again when you get rid of it.

One of the things different between here and Germany is the quality of road surface. There it is required it last 10 years without repair. If it does not the company that laid the surface is required to repair it.

Here we don't do that and we get a lower quality road surface as a result. In some areas it makes more sense for that lower quality, such as areas that are swampy. Even though the road beds are sturdied, they still have a tendency to ripple, causing the road surface to crack and fail. In the northern climates better quality surfacing would work, even with the temperature expansion and contraction caused by ambient temperature changes.

Many states already do a GVW type tag for a license plate. It's not new by a long shot. I can remember as a boy seeing tags with a code related to vehicle weight.

Gas taxes will go up. It's been a while since the federal taxes were raised. One day they will decide they need to up the amounts coming in to cover the costs. Same with state taxes. Recently California did just that.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 03:17 PM
Seems I got here a bit late for this one. Hope it was all you wished it to be.

I trust the fire department made it back to the station alright? *smiles*

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 03:10 PM
Sad to say there's not a time limit on it.

I lost my lady of 16 years to liver cancer. This Dec. will be 2 years ago. While I still think of her often, the grief is over with. Maybe one day, some day. For the now, it just helps to keep going and do the things necessary.

I know another gentleman somewhere else on the net, lost his wife as well. Only it's been 9 years for him and he sort of relives it day by day.

I guess the big difference is I don't complain so much about it. Some day you have to come to the decision that the world isn't going to stop and wait on you. You join it again or get left out.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 01:48 PM
Will Mars or Venus be the first attempt at terraforming and/or should we try to terraform?

Not likely to happen.

Mars doesn't have a magnetic field. Without such, solar winds will push what ever we make as an atmosphere off. It is why Mars doesn't have much of an atmosphere now.

Venus, is just too hot. Under that sulphuric clouded atmosphere, the heat is trapped and stays there. Removing a planet sized cloud cover that is acidic is likely more than we will do to just get sunlight to the surface. Considering that for all it's span of time, it is not probable we will never get the acid out of the soil.

There is much to be gained from mining the asteroids. While the elements to be gotten from them are limited in variety, the return is far greater than any mining can accomplish here on earth. Earthly returns from mining run not much higher than 12% of all material removed from a mine as quality material. The rest is mine trailings, for the most part not much good and treated as waste. Returns from asteroids on the other hand, return on the average higher than 80% pure or near pure materials. The problems come in when some rock is wanted to be moved from its present orbit to a near earth orbit. Every time it is done, there is an extreme danger to the earth itself. Given time, sooner or later, some yoyo will screw it up.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 12:53 PM
40 is stretching it a bit for my geezer age. Maybe 1 would work for starters? lols

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 12:45 PM
I was never a cat person. My lady wanted one badly so we picked up a rescue. Now that she is gone, I have a cat.

That little druggy goes ape over catnip. Rolls in it, smells it, eats it. One good thing about it is I can teach him what is his, ie new scratch post, by putting catnip there and also using catnip spray. He gets the idea quick.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 11:51 AM
Oh why not? I do 3D graphics from time to time. Right now in between computers so have to reload all in order to go back to it. Best thing is I bought a computer strictly for graphics.

Here's a back ground I was developing for a stage to set a scene in.