Community > Posts By > Sammy Dan

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 11:46 AM
Too good Tom. Sadly such are not available here. I live in a one horse town the horse got up and left. Nearest grocery store is 16 miles away but there is good news in that. I can go in three different directions for that drive. *chuckles*

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 11:34 AM
I find it to be expected there are a lot of scammers here. Any time you're new, and ladies far outside your age are initiating pms, it's not about chat or relationships.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 11:07 AM
If your yoke has a greenish tint to it, you've over cooked it. It should be a solid yellow in color.

To get that, put your eggs in a pan of water, deep enough to cover them. If one floats, throw it away; it's bad. Add about a tbs of vinegar, to prevent cracking while boiling.

Bring water to a boil, take away from heat. Leave in water for about 10 to 12 minutes. Pour water out, pack eggs in ice. The ice shocks the membrane to shell and makes it easy to peel.

The best results for boiled eggs are not the freshest ones, better they are a bit old.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 10:52 AM
I'm a second hand vegetarian. Cows eat grass, I eat cows.

Vegetarian is an old Indian word. Means poor hunter.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 10:49 AM
79 F, dry, sunny.

Texas has a saying. Don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes. Mother nature will do her damnest to kill you.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 10:42 AM
Edited by Sammy Dan on Mon 04/29/19 10:43 AM
Have been slowly getting feed up with Microsoft and Windows. Seems now they are trying to pack yet more spying and data collection into it.

So this computer now runs Mint Linux. Am starting the journey into Linux. If I'd spent as much time on Linux as I had Windows, I'd well know my way around it.

Still there are things I can not do in Linux and need Windows for. I do 3D graphics as a hobby. Yes I'm aware of Blender and GIMP. I actually use GIMP and have for many years, ported to Windows. But I wind up using several programs or more as one program does one thing best and another does something else better. They are not ported to Linux and WINE doesn't do the trick.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 10:19 AM
Height is a thing? hmmm, let me get out my tape measure for my shadow...

I'm sure I could come up with something taller.

Actually, I'm a happy camper on height.

As far as telling lies, it's too dang much hassle. If you get serious with someone, sooner or later you gotta be you. Better they find out you are who you say you are, than dealing with the fallout of not being that.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 10:11 AM
Confused? Geeze, eat up with CRS. Ain't it great to wake up and meet new people every day? *grins*

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 10:07 AM
I watch very little tv. Maybe a few hours a month. I spend far more time on line.
I moderate a seniors chat site, I DJ on line, and that consumes a lot of time.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 09:52 AM
Today? Just coffee so far.

I tend to enjoy cooking so I always keep my head in recipe books when it comes time to fix something to eat. I like those foods I've not tried yet.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 09:38 AM
If you are not happy with what you have, you never will be happy. It's one thing to need something and go for it. It's quite another to keep up with the Jones's.

On the whole, I'm satisfied. Could use a bit more activity outside the home but other than that, no complaints at all. When I look around at my fellows, I realize it could be far worse than it is and I find myself most grateful.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 09:32 AM
I'm a private person. I tend not to give out any details unless there's a good reason. Lord knows there are enough scammers out there willing to take advantage.

Sammy Dan's photo
Mon 04/29/19 09:18 AM
Geeze, what do you say for something like this. Hmmm, let me get my can and string all hooked up so I can take calls?

At any rate, new here, looking around, hope to find some friendly faces.

So cya around.

1 2 3 5 Next