Community > Posts By > MisterAnderson

MisterAnderson's photo
Tue 08/09/11 07:17 PM

Actually, my issue was that some people seem to think that someone who states they're looking for a husband is more honest than someone who wants to get to know someone and see how things go.

I'm all for people being upfront about what they want. However, that does not mean someone who goes about things a bit differently is necessarily being less honest.

You're making this about a specific person. It's not, really. It's more about how people think about the different approaches.

Gotcha, and I agree that going about things differently is not necessarily being less honest.

MisterAnderson's photo
Tue 08/09/11 07:13 PM

rant and just what is wrong with poetry?!?!

Absolutely, positively nothing wrong with it. Nothing wrong with flowers, either. flowers

MisterAnderson's photo
Tue 08/09/11 06:14 PM

Are there specific things someone must say or do to make you think they're being honest about what they're looking for?

No, not really. You can never really be sure anyone is being honest. All you can do is trust. Or not.

Do you have certain qualifications that someone must meet in order to believe they're being honest?

Same as above. No, not really. I guess I really don't understand this question.

Do you believe that someone who would rather date and get to know each other to see how things go before bringing up marriage is less honest than someone saying they want a husband or wife upfront?

I believe this is your main question, and my answer would be yes. And no.

If I were looking a wife, kids, family, whatever, I would want to know up front if my date was interested in marriage. Not necessarily with me, but marriage as an ultimate goal.

If I was upfront in my profile and said, "Marriage-minded man looking for that special someone, my soul-mate, the other half of me to make me complete, to grow old together" then met someone and spent months or a year (or more) dating, only to find out she was never interested in marriage, then yes - that would definitely be dishonest.

By the way, the idea for this thread did come from other recent threads, but I am not referencing anyone specific. Just looking for different ideas from people here.

I've read through the other threads and I'm not sure honesty/dishonesty is what's bugging you (and several others) about this. It seems to me it's more the way it was presented - blunt, and to the point.

Granted, I really don't know you and haven't been here long enough to get a reading on you from your posts, but would you be asking this question if you read something like what I said above in my profile? Because you see that in profiles all the time. Flowery language, poetry, angels singing.

This other poster decided for whatever reasons to cut to the chase and not mince words, "I want a husband - if you aren't interested in marriage, don't bother applying".

Would you have started this thread if instead, she said she was "looking for Mister Right for long-term relationship leading to marriage and children?"

It's basically the same thing, just different words.

MisterAnderson's photo
Thu 08/04/11 07:05 PM
I agree with what's been said. Tell us a little about what you like. What kind of music do you like. Do you like reading? Where do you like to go on a date? What kind of food do you like. Are you chatty or quiet and reserved. Do you like riding bicycles? Swimming? Water skiing? Sky diving? Rasslin' alligators? Do you believe in alien life on other planets? What role does your family play in your life?

MisterAnderson's photo
Thu 08/04/11 06:56 PM
Edited by MisterAnderson on Thu 08/04/11 07:22 PM

Is it unwise to change someone?

If they are a baby and really need to be changed and there's nobody else around you can bribe to do it, then I guess you don't have much choice.

Otherwise, (edit = Yes...otherwise, yes. Unwise to change someone).

MisterAnderson's photo
Thu 08/04/11 06:47 PM
I guess it depends on the robot.

Is it an assembly-line kind of robot, built to perform one to two repetitive taks? I'd definitely like to have one that does household chores and yard chores like mowing the lawn.

If it's a self-aware thinking kind of robot, I dunno...play cards, teach me new things, tell stories, bounce ideas off.

If it's a Transformer kinda robot...drive. Very fast :)

MisterAnderson's photo
Thu 08/04/11 02:55 PM
Ted Nugent - Stranglehold

MisterAnderson's photo
Thu 08/04/11 11:15 AM
Ozzy - S.A.T.O.

MisterAnderson's photo
Tue 08/02/11 04:17 AM

drinks drinker smokin Montrose smokin drinker drinks

Ronnie Montrose & Sammy Hagar! I'll drink to that. Well, after work, I mean.

Back on topic:

N = Nightwish

MisterAnderson's photo
Mon 08/01/11 05:59 PM
Children of Bodom is good. Alexi Laiho has quite the sound. Haven't really been able to get into the new CD (Relentless Reckless Forever). I've bought it and gave it a quick listen or two, but haven't really had the time to sit down and really listen.

MisterAnderson's photo
Mon 08/01/11 05:45 PM
Sails of Charon

MisterAnderson's photo
Mon 08/01/11 05:44 PM
Kamelot

MisterAnderson's photo
Mon 08/01/11 05:35 PM

i had a strange dream last nite
i had a friend of mine die about 6-7yrs ago
and last nite he was sitting on the floor and playing with a hand held poker game

can you tell me why he showed up in my dream

There could be thousands of reasons why. The mind is a very complicated thing.

Maybe you were walking somewhere and saw a car out of the corner of your eye. Maybe there was something about that car that your subconscious mind associated with your friend. Maybe the color. Maybe it had a dent or a scratch in the same place your friend's car did. It wasn't such a significant event that you actually noticed, but when you went to sleep, yoru subconscious mind processed that association and caused the dream.

Maybe there was a certain smell in the air. Maybe you went to lunch and heard someone at the next table talking about playing cards. You weren't really listening, so it didn't register, but when you went to sleep your subconscious mind remembered your friend once told you a story about playing cards.

Could be anything, really. I don't think anyone can tell you why. But maybe we can say we're glad you got a chance to see your friend again. Even if it was only in a dream.

MisterAnderson's photo
Sat 07/30/11 10:03 PM
Me too. Bored outta my mind that is. What little there is left, anyway.

My kids have been at their mom's for the last month or so (she lives in Kansas, I live in Missouri) and it's just been WAY too quiet (I know, I should count my blessings).

Interesting thing happened today, though. Decided I just HAD to get out of the house - it was either clean the dern thing or get out for a while (guess which one won?).

Anyway, I stopped by the river to down some worms. Some people call that fishing, but since I hardly ever catch anything, drowning worms is what I call it.

I noticed a bunch of trucks going by towing race cars on trailers. So I thinks to myself, "Hmm...that's interesting..."

There was a couple nearby, but since they seemed to be catching stuff, they were actually fishing instead of drowning worms.

I asked if they knew what was up with the trucks & cars. They said there was a stock car dirt track just up the road and they have races every Saturday night.

shocked

Well, I just moved here not too long ago, and I've never been to a stock car race, so I figured, hey why not?

So I found the place and went in ($5 for admission. 5...freaking dollars!!).

I never really understood the whole NASCAR thing (still don't really), but holy crap, that was awesome! LOUD! and I have to say kind of exciting. The track was wet, so it was muddy and the cars slid a lot. Two of the races (they had a total of about 10 races) were really close. I mean half a car length close. And it was kids night (they apparently have this ever other month or so) and they were giving all the kids a ride in the race cars, raffles for bicycles, photos with the drivers, free popcorn.

I can't wait for the kids to come home (I'm going to pick them up next Saturday). They are gonna love it. They've never been to a race either.

Anyone in SE Missouri wanna go with us?

MisterAnderson's photo
Sat 07/30/11 09:47 PM
Hi MonkyMomma.

Nobody's posted to say howdy yet, so I'll do it.

HOWDY!

I don't live near Sullivan (lived in St. Clair for about 6 months), but howdy anyway.

MisterAnderson's photo
Fri 07/29/11 04:35 PM
Edited by MisterAnderson on Fri 07/29/11 04:36 PM
I've found the advice on this poster to be very helpful. I recommend printing it out and taping it to the fridge.

Congrats on the little one. My kids have been the best experiences of my life.

http://fukung.net/v/8234/f1bfac554f153545f2a956fd9a52104c.jpg

(Edit - Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to post an in-line image and had to post the link instead)

MisterAnderson's photo
Thu 07/28/11 09:43 PM
Been listening to Primal Fear a lot lately. I've always liked 'em pretty well, but really liked Seven Seals and 16.6 (Before The Devil Knows You're Dead) was outstanding.

Really looking forward to the upcoming release.

MisterAnderson's photo
Thu 07/28/11 04:49 PM
Thanks, SKPCG.

I've thought about the church thing, but I'd feel kind of creepy pretending to 'believe' just to meet people.

MisterAnderson's photo
Wed 07/27/11 06:13 PM

ok so here is a question. As metal and hard rock icons are aging we will soon lose Ozzy and the rest of Sabbath, Maiden isn't getting any younger, Motorhead (Lemmy), Priest, Cooper who will carry the torch when these guys are gone? I can see Godsmack being around for a while, Disturbed, AX7 and Amon Amarth but who else has the kind of charisma and talent that can carry them to that higher level?

I don't know if we'll ever get anyone to carry the torch for the metal gods. They were in the right place at the right time. As a commercial entity, Metal doesn't really have that type of support anymore. It's very rare anymore that you hear metal on the radio or get airplay on cable.

But there are a few bands/artists that have the potential. Whether or not they will be able to get the recognition and airplay to be truly successful is questionable.

Hip-hop, the various boy bands, and female freak bands have the collective record companies' attention these days and that's what gets force-fed to the masses on the radio, in the newspapers and magazines, on TV, in commercials.

If a metal band is playing at a large arena, you hardly see any advertisements for it. If it's the boy band or hip hop 'artist' it's everywhere. Ads on TV for the show. Billboards. Magazine ads. Radio announcements and contests every 20 minutes.

At least that's the way it seems around here.

MisterAnderson's photo
Wed 07/27/11 05:55 PM
Most definitely a metal head here.