Community > Posts By > exxman

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 03:34 PM

Women don't respect salad eaters.laugh

Nor do they respect obscure sci-fi authors. Who knew?

Kramer did i bet lol.

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 03:24 PM
Women don't respect salad eaters.laugh

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 03:18 PM
584 :angel:

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 03:15 PM

This is about the people who contact me, which you already know if you read the aforementioned title as mentioned above.

OK, here's the thing -- I get a fair amount of people contacting me on here, via e-mail, IM, nudges, whatever. A certain percentage of these are scammers, and (thanks to Mark and Charles and their crew) I can usually get them nuked within 45 seconds.

As for the ones who are not (or who cannot definitively be proven to be) scammers, I notice a disconcerting sameness in them. Many of the messages are extremely brief (I had one this morning that said "Can I know u?"), poorly written, completely devoid of any signs of useful information or a functioning brain stem, and from people who are very very far away.

I rarely hear from anyone who actually has anything to say, or the literacy skills to say it.

And this puzzles me, because nowhere in my profile (I think -- I mean, the damn thing is so long I rarely go in there myself anymore) does it say "Please contact me if your writing is so garbled and incomprehensible that it will give me a massive headache."

Statistically, it seems to me that the odds SHOULD be that at least one genuine prospect should have contacted me by now, seeing that I've been here 4 1/2 years. Math was never my best subject, though, so I may not know what I'm talking about. It would certainly not be the first time.

And there are many locals on this site; I see them floating through "People You Might Be Interested In" every day. When I look at their profiles, though, it always says "Last Seen Shortly After The Civil War" or something along those lines.

I just don't understand what makes me attractive to someone whose most creative act in life was opening a bag of Ruffles Potato Chips.

George Costanza said it best: "When I like them, they don't like me...and when they like me, I don't like them." OMG, I'm George Costanza....

laugh Hi George, I'm Robert :tongue:

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 03:12 PM

587grumble

:smile: laugh sends ya a hug n ty for making me bigsmile

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 02:35 PM
Kid Rock - Collide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C58hHzMMlxM

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 02:08 PM
Collective Soul - How Do You love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfdQNrIEu-I

:smile: :banana: :wink: listen to the words :banana: :banana:

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 01:55 PM
Staind - Epiphany

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8cEzdjLn60&NR=1

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 01:53 PM
Edited by exxman on Sat 08/13/11 01:53 PM
:smile: Welcome to mingle2. Much to explore here, enjoy and good luck flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 01:41 PM

<------ fan of Foo :thumbsup:

Way to Be by Seven Summers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3K15_PCfn8

:smile: Awesome song (Way to be) my first time hearing it or them. Thank you for sharing.

flowerforyou

Staind - Been a while

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=araU0fZj6oQ&ob=av2e

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 01:14 PM

When we believe something is true we call it true. When we believe something is false, we call it false, not true. A true thought/belief/claim corresponds to fact/reality. A false one does not.

Simple.
:smile: ^^^ read this then your posts on last 2 pages. You lost focus.

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 01:01 PM
:smile: I am sorry to read your need to attack other user's thoughts / posts / and views. However if you clear your head and read where i came in at and what i have typed you will find all i did is tell you my thoughts on Is Truth subjective.

You have chosen to get away from the topic and attack people. This is no longer a discussion about the question or an answer to the question. It has become your issue, not mine.

certainty (held with absolute conviction)
incorrigibility (not changeable by compelling counterargument or proof to the contrary)
impossibility or falsity of content (implausible, bizarre or patently untrue)[3]

Furthermore, when a false belief involves a value judgment, it is only considered as a delusion if it is so extreme that it cannot be or ever can be proven true (example: a man claims that he flew into the sun and flew back home. This would be considered a delusion). [4]

Delusions are not due to a medical condition or substance abuse and they may seem believable at face value.[5]

I used our discussion as an example of how Truth is Subjective.
You chose a path other than that. :smile: Good luck and I don't know Jasper, but i can read that his eyes are open.

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 11:30 AM
Edited by exxman on Sat 08/13/11 12:08 PM

Clearly I have a totally different interpretations of the concept of truth from Creative as well.

But he can't seem to comprehend this.

Not only do I comprehend it, I've shown how it is invalid reasoning. I've shown how it is based upon false presupposition and ends in logical absurdity.

He appears to be under some extreme delusion that only his interpretation of the concept of truth is correct, and everyone else's interpretations are "wrong".

Nonsense. Confusing your thoughts about reality with reality.

bigsmile

That is the epitome of delusion.

So i read from where i left off and thought to myself, if one person's state of mind is that their view is the only view and everyone else is wrong, how can they know truth?

Truth has so many definitions and APPLICATIONS that it comes down to the context and view it is being used from. I am sure this will be said to be false but the only thing i would say to that is perhaps maybe we are on to something here.

Delusion
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about psychiatric condition. For the concept in Eastern spirituality, see Delusion (spirituality).
See also: Delusional disorder
Delusion
Classification and external resources
ICD-10 F22.
ICD-9 297
MeSH D003702

A delusion is a false belief held with absolute conviction despite superior evidence.[1] Unlike hallucinations, delusions are always pathological (the result of an illness or illness process).[1] As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, dogma, stupidity, poor memory, illusion, or other effects of perception.

Delusions typically occur in the context of neurological or mental illness, although they are not tied to any particular disease and have been found to occur in the context of many pathological states (both physical and mental). However, they are of particular diagnostic importance in psychotic disorders including schizophrenia, paraphrenia, manic episodes of bipolar disorder, and psychotic depression.

Definition

Although non-specific concepts of madness have been around for several thousand years, the psychiatrist and philosopher Karl Jaspers was the first to define the three main criteria for a belief to be considered delusional in his 1913 book General Psychopathology.[2] These criteria are:

certainty (held with absolute conviction)
incorrigibility (not changeable by compelling counterargument or proof to the contrary)
impossibility or falsity of content (implausible, bizarre or patently untrue)[3]

Furthermore, when a false belief involves a value judgment, it is only considered as a delusion if it is so extreme that it cannot be or ever can be proven true (example: a man claims that he flew into the sun and flew back home. This would be considered a delusion). [4]

Delusions are not due to a medical condition or substance abuse and they may seem believable at face value.[5]

Delusions are not tied to any particular disease and they usually occur in the context of neurological or mental illness. Also, they have been found to occur in the context of many pathological states.

:smile: Waves @ Art i wanna interpret your mood from your shoes laugh

Having said all this and understanding the definitions. Ask yourself where do you stand in The Truth?

Again this is just the TRUTH i see this from.

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 11:16 AM
Foo Fighters - Best of You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_L4Rixya64&feature=relmfu

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 11:11 AM
Edited by exxman on Sat 08/13/11 11:20 AM

ENERGY!!!!
:banana:

:smile: Positive

FUN!!!
shades

:smile: Free

Water Falls...

Canada ....

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 11:08 AM
Foo Fighters - Everlong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBG7P-K-r1Y

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 11:06 AM

Later buddy have a great day dude.

:smile: we broke the 590 barrier at least.

spock For nowscared scared scared

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 11:03 AM

ENERGY!!!!
:banana:

:smile: Positive

FUN!!!
shades

:smile: Free

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 11:02 AM
Pearl Jam - Just Breathe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuq7RYQ8Wa0

no photo
Sat 08/13/11 10:53 AM
Edited by exxman on Sat 08/13/11 10:55 AM
whoa Couldn't find an eye brow raising smiley so this one will suffice!

If you disappear i will report your abduction (to Site staff) to more than likely have been committed by a woman from mingle and she may have you duct tape and hidden some where with a monitor in your view (They are mean like that ya know).

588 !!! o0(Insert whistle smiley)

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 23 24