Community > Posts By > Eugene

Eugene's photo
Tue 11/30/21 07:25 PM
All I've ever gotten are bots and links to sex sites. (sigh). I'd be thrilled if I ever had an actual person write me.

Eugene's photo
Mon 05/03/21 11:27 AM
Likewise I have no clue about one being around myself. Where is it?

Eugene's photo
Mon 05/03/21 11:05 AM
Cheating is not strictly a guy thing. Some of the ladies do it as well.

Eugene's photo
Mon 05/03/21 11:03 AM
I would be lieing if I said it wasn't in the back of the mind in my case. However if it's not in the cards I am happy with such things as Hugs, kisses, cuddles etc. I'm a low maintenance guy.

Eugene's photo
Wed 09/26/12 12:52 AM
Single but hoping.

Eugene's photo
Wed 09/26/12 12:51 AM
Yes I have been in true love once. She was also my first love as well.

Eugene's photo
Wed 09/26/12 12:22 AM

I've been single for 7 months now, and can't stand it! I don't know why, but it's just terrible. It's not even me missing sex, or anything like that. I enjoy being in a relationship, but can't find anyone at all. Please tell me I'm not alone in feeling this way?

You've been single for 7 months. Bummer at that. Don't give up though. Sometimes a relationship will show up when you least expect it to. That's how it happened with me and my former Fiance. I wasn't looking but it happened. Unfortunately she passed away before we could get married. Now I feel that it's time for me to stop dwelling on the past and start hoping again. Who knows? It may happen again. What I'm trying to say is that if I can recover from that, then yes you can continue. It just takes time and you'll never know when you'll find that right person. Just keep looking.

Eugene's photo
Tue 09/25/12 11:14 PM
Hmm, ok, well in about 2 days or so I'll be 52. I often feel it physically but emotionally I go everywhere from 12 to mid 20's in thoughts. I'm a sort of computer nerd with a major bit of fun playing computer games. Often the really old DOS based stuff up to an including Skyrim. The little boy is still alive and well in me.

Eugene's photo
Tue 09/25/12 11:09 PM
Hmmm, I'm gone for some time and decide to return here for a bit. Now I find myself looking over the past couple of pages trying to figure out the general gist of what's going on and find myself thinking. "Yep, that was a mistake trying to figure out what's going on." My brain hurts. Or maybe it's the fact that it's late at night and my meds are kicking in. I dunno. (chuckle) Heyo everyone.

Eugene's photo
Mon 09/24/12 12:52 PM
Yep, they nailed someone who looked at my profile some 18 hours ago and deactivated the account. So yes, I'd say they are pretty fast about these things. Just need to report them.

Eugene's photo
Fri 10/07/11 12:38 AM

Chicken manure in HORSE stalls! Hun, you were mucking the stalls for them!!

Chicken manure is removed with a rake and shovel..lol

But you were sweet doing it for them....Happy late Birthday!

This was chicken droppings. No question. The floor had a "terrain". Roughly several months of such in fact. The implements of destruction used? Pitchforks, shovels, rakes, and a manure spreader attached to a ancient tractor parked in the middle of the Barn. I didn't mind helping Carol out with it. I've learned to roll with the punches and deal with whatever comes my way a long time ago. (chuckle)

Eugene's photo
Thu 10/06/11 10:16 AM
Edited by Eugene on Thu 10/06/11 10:18 AM
Well here I am. Last week I ended up spending a few days at a friends place to get out of the house and to celebrate my birthday by getting out of the house. One thing I've learned when spending any time with my friends Mike and Carol is to never plan ahead for what I'll end up doing. Needless to say this turned true as I ended up spending a couple of days removing chicken manure with a pitchfork from several horse stalls. I'm not really sure what would have been more amusing to watch. Me using a pitchfork (never used one before) or watching me trying to use a riding lawnmower with "steering optional" built in. Well here I am after a couple of days. Enjoy!

Eugene's photo
Sat 09/24/11 12:17 AM

Deson Bowenford: For the record, my attempts at playing orbiter( A Free spaceflight Simulator)on a network that may or may not have internet access had nothing to do with that satellite falling. I was just practicing my reentry procedures. So there.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! (chuckle)

Eugene's photo
Tue 09/20/11 01:15 AM
Edited by Eugene on Tue 09/20/11 01:23 AM

I can't keep up with all these quoteslaugh

What you can do if if your having problems with the quotes and want to address a particular thing is "trim" them (My term).

Note brackets in front of and behind the quote and unquote commands have been removed to show the command. The Brackets in question are the square brackets like this [ and ] Just add them in on both sides of quote and /quote to make them active.

Go ahead Quote this post in your computer to see how it's done.
Ok, here's a make believe example:

First post

Oddball reply that you want to reply to

reply your not interested in replying to

When you quote a person's reply in your window you'll see (in this case) something that looks like this:
Hope I'm doing this right there seems to be no "preview" function here.

First post
/quote
Oddball reply that you want to reply to
/quote
reply your not interested in replying to
/quote

ok, to reply to the one that you want to reply you simply need to trim some things to like this:

oddball reply that you want to reply to

Your reply

It will look like this in your reply box when you have it done.
/quote
Your reply

======================================

What I often do is to place (snip) in the deleted areas so that people know there was something there but I cut it out.

Like so:

(snip)

(snip)
Your reply

==========================================

Don't worry too much about keeping track of everything that's going on. Things sorta ... well sort themselves out later on and you find yourself going "oh that's what she/He is talking about!! Now I get it!"

By the way welcome to site. I don't post all that often but I do from time to time. And yeah, I'm sorta feeling my way around too.

Eugene's photo
Fri 09/09/11 11:04 PM
(looks around) Errr, no I didn't say you in particular Viv. It's like this. Strange things happen around me. This effect is called being a weirdness magnet. There is a good friend of mine (Carol)who is also a weirdness magnet. This effect is magnified when we are together doing something. I remember one time I remarked to Carol about this and she said "No Deson, Strange things don't happen when we get together." 5 minutes later we encountered 3 elephants.....In Wisconsin.... on the sheer unmitigated chance that they were being transported to Milwaukee. I've been trying to work out some sort of mathematical equation for this but my mind hit a brick wall when it encountered algebra and couldn't wrap itself around the idea of using letters instead of numbers.

Oh in regards to my coffee situation in the morning I do believe I've found a very good comic showing it.

Take care everyone.

Eugene's photo
Fri 09/09/11 09:40 AM

Yes Glenda, it is scary at times.laugh

Deson, wake up!! Don't make me come over there and scare you!

You're more than welcome to. I'm used to oddball things going on in my life. It's a part of my being a weirdness magnet. (chuckle)

Eugene's photo
Thu 09/08/11 03:25 PM
Edited by Eugene on Thu 09/08/11 03:27 PM
I guess for me the conflict I hate is when my "morning" does not agree with the clock's "morning". That's when I dig out some form of caffeine. Preferably "Weapons grade strength" I'm not so much a grouch, but very, very incoherent.

Eugene's photo
Wed 09/07/11 09:28 AM
Repaired computer over the last couple of days. Cold has pretty much gone away. Now I got a cup of coffee and I'm trying to become more coherent. I am so not a morning person.

Eugene's photo
Tue 08/30/11 12:32 AM
Edited by Eugene on Tue 08/30/11 12:51 AM
ok, to continue the general tutorial what I am gonna assume that your successfully logged in. Here is where I show you the general interface (or how you do things). These screenshots incidently are not from second life or Inworldz but from my own private little grid tht I host on my computer. I use this little "Home away from home" to build things and to debug thing before I upload them into the main grids. I'm known for being a small time vehicle builder in Second life and in Inworldz, ... well I'm Known for making a lot of things. Something I may or may have not mentioned. Almost everything you see in a VW is made by somebody and not by the hosting company. The cars, buildings, and the vast majority of avatars are made by people who often place items for sale. Some ( a small percentage) actually make a living at this. I don't have enough sales to make a living myself, but I have my fun.

Ok, I'm gonna presume that you are now logged in for the first time. You'll find yourself in a "New person's area" (for example in Inworldz it's called Inworldz desert island) and chances are very good that someone will be there to help you get started, and point you to where the "freebies" are located. Freebies are items given away free of charge by various merchants. No charge at all. In Inworldz they have various stores where you can find clothing , skins, accessories, gadgets etc, all neatly divided up in Male and female stores.

Now then, to move is simple. Use your arrow keys to move forwards, backwards, and turn. To run double press the up arrow key. Now it's time for some visual aids.

Here we see a screen shot of the basic interface. Different viewers are gonna be laid out differently but this is the Inworldz viewer and what I'll be concentrating on. Note that this is a very broad over view. I'll get into more details later on.

Here is a URL to a higher resolution picture.
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i110/Eugenekoberle/Inworldz/Interfacefullsized.png

A) File: Here is where you shut down the viewer of copy various pictures etc. You are most likely to be using the "exit" fucntion here to shut down the viewer and log out.

B)Edit: Various copy/paste functions that are usually used in building items. Along with Preferences. The preferences is how you configure things with your viewer, audio, video, network, etc if you don't feel like going with the default settings. You'll use this a lot.

C)View: Such things as Mouselook (your literally looking out of your avatars eyes), activating the Mini map, main map, info about the land etc can be found here.

D)World: The most common functions you'll use are "create landmark" and "Stop animating my avatar". A Landmark (or LM) is something you can place into your inventory and by double clicking on it you can teleport there. The "Stop animating my avatar" comes in handy when say your dancing (and your avatar is dancing) you can have it stop that way.

E)Tools: Various builder tools that builders (such as myself)use.

F)Help: Shows what Viewer your running, what version of the grid software is running etc. Usefull for debugging problems.

G) Advanced: a menu that is normally hidden containing some usefull setting but if your new I wouldn't mess with them just yet.

H)Camera controls: The default camera control is behind your head and raised up a bit. With these you can Zoom in and out, pan up, down, left right and swing around in a 360 degree arc.

I)Land menu: Tells you about the piece of ground your on, who owns it, any special rules, etc. Very important.

J)The time. This is always PDT (Pacific Daylight time) thus everyone (this is a global program and you have people from all over the world)and thus they all have one set for the time. Someone talks about being on a 10:00 am PDT everyone else knows when that is. This cannot be changed.

(the far upper right corner)(sorry forgot to letter it). This shows what you have for money. In Inworldz for example it the "Izzie" and they sell for about 500 to a dollar. In SL it's the "Linden" and is about 250 or so to a dollar. Since this screenshot is from my own private grid this is set for 0.

K) Chat window: This is how you talk to people either directly in front of your or to entire groups or another person across the grid. You can also access your friends list from there as well.

L) Fly: yes you can fly at the click of a button. Use your page up/down to control your altitude and your arrow keys to fly forwards, back and turn.

M)Snapshot: Brings up the snapshot menu. You can save pictures to either your inventory or to your computer.

N) Search: Uses a sort of google like search for events, people, places etc in the entire grid.

O) Build: Brings up the build menu that lets you make things. Such as the vehicles behind me. Those I made myself.

P) Map: Fires up the main Map. this lets you (assuming you zoom out enough)look at the entire grid and you can teleport to various regions that way.

Q) mini map: Fires up a local area more detailed map showing avatars within a certain radius.

R) Audio player: Plays an local streaming music that maybe going on. For example you goto a dance club, you can hear the music that's being played there either live or a by a DJ.

S)Video player: Various areas are setup to show streaming video as well and you can access it through that.

T)Inventory: Accesses everything you own in the form of folders. Make no mistake. your gonna accumulate stuff. There are some with 40K worth of stuff in their inventory. Keeping things straight can be a full time affair.

U) Volume controls for various things like Media, music, ambient noise etc.

========================

yes I know it looks very confusing but it can be made easier with practice.

To make up for the wall of text that I've just hit you with here is a video where I give a tour of my home in Inworldz.

In You-tube I go by the Name of Bendarr2 and I have a few videos showing some things from Inworldz. In this particular video I give a tour of my home that I have so you can see what a rather odd home looks like. Note that almost everything you see, I built myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt-GTt_Ocpk

For best results go full screen and best resolution. you can also see the interface (in this case the Hippo Viewer)in action.

Take care and enjoy!

Eugene's photo
Mon 08/29/11 11:09 PM
Galendgirl,

I'll try to encapsulate things as best I can.

1) Comment was made about Viv making things hot for people in Siberia. (Roughly page 23(Metalwing))

2)Then Viv canceled trip to Siberia.

3)I made the comment about canceling my building ""remote controlled caribou with the camera and satellite broadcasting equipment" and transmitting a signal to a satellite and beaming the signal to my lair.(page 24)

4) Viv asked about the satellite and I replied with a link to a site where for $8,000 you could launch your own private satellite but it would be up for only a few weeks.

5) someone suggested donating a couple of umbrellas and a bake sale.

6) Viv asked if Elk horns would work. I got lost in my typical fly by the seat of my pants engineering with no mathematics. Remind me to tell you about the time I combined model rocket engines and styrofoam gliders sometime.

7) Viv hits me upside the head with a frying pan.

8) My head vibrates and that gives me the idea of resonant frequencies carrying farther.

I think that roughly brings us up to date.

(Goes back to his NyQuil induced haze of thoughts)

Previous 1 3