Community > Posts By > Moondark

Moondark's photo
Thu 07/16/09 01:48 AM
Edited by Moondark on Thu 07/16/09 01:51 AM

Just a thought, but didn't Britian deploy a satellite called skynet?

Dang, just read the article.

It would be so amusing if the primary control interface was named HAL.

Okay, it may not have what I'm calling a primary control interface. Or it may be called something entirely different. But I want HAL in there somewhere.

Moondark's photo
Thu 07/16/09 01:44 AM

I don't own one of those....

thats very disturbing

Rubber Mallets? You mean everyone is supposed to own rubber Mallets? I never got the memo.....

Moondark's photo
Thu 07/16/09 01:41 AM
I don't own one of those....

Moondark's photo
Thu 07/16/09 01:39 AM

im new and i may lack the mingle forum common sense. my question is, is there mingle forum common sense or do we just go along with the flow of things??????

Ummmmmm, I think the 'common sense' is in the guidelines that are the lead thread in each forum. You know, the ones no one ever reads.....

Moondark's photo
Thu 07/16/09 01:36 AM
I know. But all the literature on insomnia or just the occasional sleepless night say NOT to lay tossing and turning in bed. If you are still awake after half an hour, get up and do something for half an hour. And back and forth until you finally sleep.

Moondark's photo
Thu 07/16/09 01:30 AM
I will never use it. But I agree that it should be decriminalized.

Moondark's photo
Thu 07/16/09 01:27 AM

If she is so perfect then why dont you love her>????

But that happens all the time. Sometimes we meet someone that SHOULD be perfect, but there is no attraction. There is a connection that is just missing. And it can't be forced.

Moondark's photo
Thu 07/16/09 01:26 AM

I need to make friends with a gay guy! lol Dont laugh please.. I mean it. I want someone thats not going to pressure me untill im sure. And im not an easy girl. bout ready to give up even tho I want love so much. Ya know? Think i just want a hug really.

And then one day you will sure but he will still be gay. What happens then?

Moondark's photo
Thu 07/16/09 01:24 AM
Edited by Moondark on Thu 07/16/09 01:25 AM

smokinlate night confessfionssmokin confesssmokin

I'm just tired.

Of just about everything.

Moondark's photo
Thu 07/16/09 01:23 AM
I believe that are thing that we do not yet understand, but I do not believe much of the stuff written about structures on the moon and Mars. The Canals on Mars were flaws in the glass of the early telescopes.

Moondark's photo
Thu 07/16/09 01:21 AM
I don't read near bedtime. That is a SURE way to make sure I don't sleep. I get totally caught up in what I'm reading. I'm a bookworm.

Moondark's photo
Thu 07/16/09 01:18 AM
Sure they work. But that falls under the heading of not being able to wake up when I need to. If I take one of those, I need to do it a lot more time before I have to get up again.

Moondark's photo
Thu 07/16/09 01:16 AM

To me, from what I have heard in the media from close associates of Jackson, is that he wanted the drugs and would not take "No" for an answer. That is a drug addict. He killed himself over the years. Sure doctors have become legal drug pushers...but murder? No. Manslaughter maybe.

If the doctor administered an anesthetic to Jackson simply to help him sleep, then he should be charged. As he was using a powerful drug in a way other than it is supposed to be used.

Anytime anesthetics are used in even simple surgeries, it increases risks. Because there are inherent risks to the anesthetics that have nothing to do with the surgical process.

Using one to help someone sleep still carries those same risks. For anyone to do so is reckless endangerment. The doctor should know better. But they say everyone has his price. That does not change the fact that he was culpable in Jackson's death if the toxicology comes back with that as the cause of death.

Moondark's photo
Thu 07/16/09 01:07 AM
Already Showered. Before Bed. The first time. I'm still awake.

Moondark's photo
Thu 07/16/09 01:01 AM
What gives? If I'm sitting up trying to do anything, I'm to tired to think. The instant I lay down, I'm to wide awake to sleep.

This pattern has been going on for three hours now.

Anyone with any great tricks for sleeping?

Things that won't keep me from being able to get up in 4 hours...

Moondark's photo
Wed 07/15/09 03:44 PM

Inspiring Fear, inspiring

And now we know from where "/" fan fic came.

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/13/09 08:35 PM
I pay everything else online. Rent is the only one for which I have to write a check.

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/13/09 06:32 PM
I have to admit that these things are one of my guilty shows. I won't say guilty pleasure because they don't really bring that much pleasure.

In some ways, they fascinate me. Especially when they start to do the second and third seasons.

You watch these people trying to find true love on what is nothing more than a game show. After several season's, you start to see why these people can't find what they want.

Dang, I've a conference call in a few. if you are "guilty" of feeling a need to watch these shows, then go ahead and post some of the ones you've watched and why you think they can't find what they want.

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/13/09 06:20 PM

Couple things;

I would seriously consider buying a pet healthcare policy. Shepards can chew terribly and the things they chew can really turn into some major vet bills. Also if they have hip problems it can be big bucks. They are not much good for fighting dogs compared to other breeds but they are still popular and a theft risk. I would recommend having the dog "chipped" if you haven't already. Enjoy your new pet. Much happiness.

I've done research into this. I admit it was a few years ago. But for the most part, people who purchase these pet health policies end up paying more per year than if they just paid the normal vet bills for the same vet visits. I'm not talking the normal yearly stuff. I'm talking about the emergency trips, the out of the ordinary stuff.

So really compare your possible costs before buying it.

The chip suggestion is really good.

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/13/09 06:14 PM

Do you just type it and let it ride? Do you pick at it over time? Do you ever just scrap it and re-write the whole thing?

I think I'm a 'picker'.... some days I'll read my profile and wonder "What was I thinking?" Twice this week, in fact. Only once have I completely scrapped it and and started over.

Which are you?

I usually pick at it, little changes. Until I got pissed once hand had enough of people so I scrapped it and started over.