Community > Posts By > Moondark

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/13/09 06:11 PM
I can't get to the edit button for some reason. I forgot to mention how cute she is.

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/13/09 06:10 PM
Very protective. We had a German Shepherd in the neighborhood I grew up in. Elderly couple. Most of the kids thought the dog was mean. He was always really friendly to me. Part of it is all in how you approach and interact with them. People who have problems usually don't have any idea how to interact with the various working breeds in the 'guard' catagory. Or else I'm just that good with dogs.

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/13/09 06:05 PM
Just needed to vent and my normal vent friend was not home.

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/13/09 05:49 PM
I went on vacation and was gone when I got paid and when rent was due. So I sent in a check to the business office. At least what I thought was the business office. But Friday was payday again and I redo my budget every two weeks. The rent check hadn't cleared.

So I gave it until today. Today I stopped it and I wrote out a new check and put a letter with it explaining what happened and asked the business office to double check to see if they had received it or not.

Shortly after I got back to apartment, someone puts a three day notice under my door. While I was in the apartment. Never even knocked and I was here.

So I typed another short note and saying that I would be willing to pay the late fee but I wanted to them to check the home office to see if they had the check. Just in case the office I sent it to wasn't the right one and they didn't know what to do with it.

We have an office in the complex two building over. Goes by a different name, but the same management company. I don't have the address for that office. So I realize that sending it to the management company for the building might have confused them if the payments are handled in a different way or at a different building.

Still, if he had just knocked on the door, it could have been straightened out. Now I wish I had just stopped the check Friday instead of giving it until the next business day. That was an extra 56$ I wasn't really expecting to spend.

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/13/09 05:42 PM

So I'm doing my typical mutual match stupidity clicking yes on every profile that pops up trying to increase the collection... I'm working on trying to get a screen name for each letter of the alphabet these days...

Anyway, someone says yes like 2 minutes ago and I actually decide to take a look at her profile. She's deactivated already! That must be some kind of record. It's a good thing I do not take them seriously. I'd have some kind of complex about now...

Reminds me of someone. He posts a thread. I send him an email of overlooked things to do in the area. He replies and asks some things. I get it the next day. Only I can't reply because he deactivated. A couple days later he sent me a nudge. I tried to reply to email again and it was deactivated.

So I've come to the conclusion that some people deactivate every time they log off. And re-active when they want to do anything online.

I wonder if they know we can't send anything to them when deactivated.....

But I've come to suspect that people to are doing this particular pattern of activation, deactivation and re-activation just might not be as available as they seem to indicate, if you know what I mean....

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/13/09 05:34 PM
SOOOOOOOOOO,

Humans swear instead of growl, hiss, or roar.

On a different note, when angry, I've noticed that swearing seems to intensify and prolong the anger.

Moondark's photo
Wed 07/08/09 07:45 PM
Yeah, they do attract. It usually doesn't work out because Pats is also right.

But also, no, because opposites in some ways can turn each other off just as much as they can sometimes draw each other in.

Moondark's photo
Wed 07/08/09 07:43 PM
Even those of us who wanted a family usually reach a point that we no longer want kids if we haven't had them by a certain age. Having a partner to really share life with in a way you just can't with friends is important to many people.

And yes, we do like it if a guy shows us just how into us he really is. So long as it isn't after a week or two. Too early, it can freak us out.

Moondark's photo
Tue 07/07/09 05:23 PM

Why was non-alcoholic beer created?

Why drive a lowered truck?

Why is the sky blue?

Why is water wet?

Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?

non- alcholic beer was created for the light weights of the worldlaugh

lowered trucks are for those really short guys that need to look macho in a truck laugh

The sky is blue---refer to lonestars answer

Water is wet cuz there is more Hydrogen (a liquid) than Oxygen

Carmen San Diego is where ever she wants to belaugh

Non-alcoholic beer was made for those who like the taste decided they were drinking to much and wanted to cut back on the alcohol. (my dad)

Or for those of use who get sick when drinking most beer. (not after drinking it, not part of the hangover, but WHILE drinking it.)

If I want the alcohol, I'll stick with scotch.

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/06/09 09:05 PM
I don't think people who look at my profile are interested. All you see at first is a picture. I look at profiles if someone says something interesting in a form.

But mostly, I look at a profile if someone sends me an email. I look at the profile before I read the email. To see what's going on with the person. Then I read the email. And use the combined info to decide if I bother replying or not.

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/06/09 07:10 PM

For girls, why is it that everytime you go out with a girl, some other girls would actually flirt with you...but when you are alone, no1 cares...lol...if you dont care..I'm single...lol...what you think?

I think it is the same reason that the guys will only flirt with the girls in a group that are married and ignore the single ones.

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/06/09 06:50 PM

While I can understand being annoyed because the online menu wasn't updated, you chose to go to a diner. Not exactly a healthy food type of place. You talk about overweight people, however that's not the fault of the diner. They were not forced to eat what they've chosen to eat. You can't blame a restaurant for making people fat.

I said that they aren't give anyone any healthier options. My friends picked the place and I only said I would join them after I looked at the menu to make sure they had healthy or that I could work with.

And then they change there menu to remove anything halfway decent.

So yeah, in an age were serving healthy food options and posting nutritional information is become very important to the public, I can blame them if they remove the only healthy options from their menu.

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/06/09 06:26 PM

They're called "Premature Deactivators"...:wink:

Oh... ohh... ooohhh! drinker
rofl rofl rofl

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/06/09 06:25 PM
Ever have one of those work days where you are really distracted all day long?

When your own brain is your worst enemy?

Random little things trigger a train of thought and the next thing you know, you've thinking about that topic or day dreaming about it and you've just lost 5 minutes.

I think I managed to get 5 hours work done in one standard work day. At least the company recognizes that people have off days and as long as they don't happen to often, they don't get too upset with you.

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/06/09 06:14 PM

i get so tired of the constant cliche's that people use in their profiles. have people just lost the ability to write something original about themselves?
i'm sick of seeing: looking for the one, looking for mr. right, looking for my soulmate..... of course you are. aren't we all? it's not like you see anybody writing "looking for someone to slap me around and cheat on me."
another one that irritates me is "i have 'x' children and they are my world/life/whatever." duh! it's not like someone's going to write "i have 'x' kids and i like to leave them home alone while i'm out whoring around." or "i have 'x' kids and i'm looking for someone to take them off my hands for me." only an idiot is not going to realize that a woman's kids will come before any man she dates. we don't need to be told this.
it's ok to let people know that you have kids, but we don't need confirmation that they are important to you. we aren't part of child services here.

i guess all i'm getting at is that i'd like to see some real substance in profiles and that people need to be more creative when talking about themselves.

ok, i'm done for now.

. . .

I had more substance. But for some reason, too many people thought I would be 'fast' or 'easy' or bi that that I would be up for a random threesome. And I really didn't think there was anything in there to give that impression. The people here whose opinions I valued also said they didn't get it either. Eventually, I had one to many annoying propositions and dumped most of my profile.

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/06/09 06:11 PM
Strangely enough, being online overrides my shy button.

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/06/09 06:11 PM
So what's with the people that are interesting, send an a good email, are local, suddenly deactivating within hours of sending the email?

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/06/09 06:09 PM
I'm pissed off. That killing someone idea might take the edge off.

Moondark's photo
Mon 07/06/09 06:07 PM
It was terrible. So when I got home, I sent this email to the company.

Was I too harsh?

Tonight my friends wanted to go to the Hollywood Diner out on 90th and Maple in Omaha. I looked it up and was very pleased to find out that you had an online menu. What I first noticed that the menu had almost no healthy items on it. But a side salad and fruit would have work. When I plugged the numbers, I realized I could have a Caesar Salad. Since I have the dressing on the side and only dip my fork tines into the dressing. I use a fraction of the amount normally served.

So imagine my shock when I get there to find out that you had time to create, design, print, and distribute new menus but didn't have the time to update your online menu. In fact, any item I could have modified to make healthy was completely removed from the menu. The only healthy item would have been the Chef salad. But I don't like the stuff on a chef salad. The waitress offered to modify the salad for me and charge me the chef salad price. But I wasn't going to pay over seven dollars for a plate of lettuce only.

I took a look at the people dining there and they were ALL significantly overweight to severely obese. Except a few of the children. And if their folks kept taking them to places like Hollywood Diner, they will be just as fat as everyone else. I to am overweight, which is the reason I started a program and made a point to look up the menu before going there.

If I had been able to see the current menu, I would not have wasted my time and money. I consider it a waste of money because I had a Mushroom Swiss burger with no Swiss and no bun. The burger was a pathetic crap of meat. At least the mushrooms were good and not canned. There are NO healthy sides. The waitress tried to say the coleslaw and potato salad were healthy. But the dressings on both are NOT healthy. I went with the potato salad and it was clearly grocery store blah potato salad. So I spent nearly 8 dollars on a scrap of meat, a sprinkling of mushrooms, and half a cup of crappy potato salad.

I promise you I won't be eating there. I also promise you that I'm tell all my friends that are watching their weight, trying to lose weight, or just trying to eat better that given your menu, they don't need to waste their time on Hollywood Diner.

And speaking of waste, I don't understand how you can justify the wasted paper of that the silverware is put into. After all, it just goes into the garbage and into the land fills.

At a time when people are concerned with cost, waste, and health, I can't believe you haven't put those concerns into your business model and are not offering customers better options.

Moondark's photo
Sun 07/05/09 01:56 PM

straight people are having sex over there now. it's really no different and the sexual preference has no bearing on their ability to be a soldier

I agree. I just think it was fear of people different, and that fear led to the belief that bad things would happen if men attracted to men were in the military.

Could also be a fear that men attracted to men weren't really men and therefore wouldn't make good soldiers.

I focus on the men because lets face it, for the most part, women care less about the whole issue. (for the most part, not an absolute)

And the fact that for a long long time, historically, men didn't think lesbianism was really possible, because they were so focused on the act of sex and thought that two women couldn't possible have sex because they didn't have the 'correct' equipment.

But really, people are people. That's all it is. Gender is really a meaningless thing. I've know to many transgendered people to ever believe that gender and reproductive organs and identity are that closely tied.

If we weren't so sexually repressed as a society, (thanks in part to our Puritanical roots) this wouldn't be nearly as big an issue as it is. On the other hand, while some countries are more relaxed about it, some are even more uptight and offended by it. I'd have to say we are probably just someplace in the middle.