oh its true many people read this
think pfffft what's big deal I got my degree at 22 or 23
I got married at that age
had my son
spend long time just being
stay home mom/housewife
so to me this piece paper
signifies something hard earnedhappy

Heartfelt congratulations TMommy...I know exactly what you mean...I was a mommy before I got out of my teens and a divorcee one year laternoway ...No time, no money, no energy to get my degree..When my daughter graduated high school, I enrolled in college...My goal was to graduate before I turned 40...Receiving my degree was one of the proudest days of my life :-)...I know you already know this, but you will never be sorry and I hope that, just like mine did for me, yours pays off in spades...Way to go!:thumbsup:

no photo
Fri 06/12/15 07:41 AM

Is there an answer of why good people hurt most?ohwell slaphead :smile:

Everyone can get hurt.
But 'good people' , tend to be far more empathic, sympathetic, trusting, devoted, loyal..... sometimes to a fault , sometimes even to the point of being self defeating.

That's very true Sas...I'm wondering if sometimes good people aren't being mistaken for martyrs..Cause there is a big difference...

no photo
Fri 06/12/15 07:22 AM
Edited by Leigh2154 on Fri 06/12/15 08:07 AM

There is a lot of new evidence (from awhile ago) that one species cannot change into another though. With DNA research a new term was coined "intelligent design"

If you're talking to me Cheecha, Intelligent Design is just a flimsy disguise for Creationism...Proponents like to say evolution is wrong so Intelligent Design must be right, but the truth is disproving one thing does not prove another...Show me the evidence that disproves evolution...Details please..

The details are right in front of your eyes, if you can see them. The symbiotic relationships of species that cannot survive alone is only one example. Google bacterial flagellum, and look at how complex a cell is. Darwin supposed that cells were simple structures that worked by osmosis when he came up with his theory. Darwin also had some doubts from the lack of transitional fossils. He assumed they would be found later. 150 yrs later they still have not been found.
There is no fossil record of anything evolving into a different species. There are changes within species but nothing ever changed into another species.

Still doesn't change the fact that Intelligent Design does not become the right or accepted 'scientific' theory just by proving evolution is wrong....So far, the evidence for evolution is a clear winner...There is no debate about evolution among the VAST majority of scientists because there is no credible alternative 'scientific' theory...What you refer to is specific mechanism "within" evolution!...Natural selection does not require that ALL structures have the same function or that they even need to be functional at each step in the development of an organism!...As many of us have already said, scientific theory is tested, proven over time...Intelligent Design is based on observation alone because it cannot be tested...

Just because the vast majority believe something does not mean that it is true. The proof is in the details.
The earth is billions of years old, hanging in space in perfect balance. It is just the right distance from the sun and has life in every far corner. What about the human mind? what causes us to think? Where is humanity going from here?

*sigh*...You're doing it wrong....Start from the beginning and work your way forward....:wink: ...

waving Laters my friend...

no photo
Fri 06/12/15 07:19 AM

Yes I have, I know more about drug abuse than I care to mention.
Heroin was rife when I was growing up.

Your post touches me big time Joe:cry: ...I have seen (and been directly involved in) the devastation drug abuse and drug addiction causes..I still have a hard time handling some of the memories...The frustration and yes even guilt one feels when someone they love becomes chemically dependent is a nightmare I would not wish on my worst enemysad2 ...Sometimes bad people only appear to be bad ...Sometimes bad people are the most delicate, sensitive people of all..

no photo
Fri 06/12/15 07:00 AM

I'm not so sure that they do :-)...Often people who are in pain (hurting) hurt others...Kind of like a reflex action or a twisted self defense mechanism...Be angry or cry?...They choose anger...Also depression causes anger and aggression...See what I'm getting at...I don't necessarily think it's "mostly" the good peeps getting hurt...I think it's more about how people express hurt...The more tender hearted person might be better able to express their feelings than the one dealing with emotional and psychological problems...The nicer person may have a stronger support group...Sometimes, when people lash out at me for no apparent reason, I can't help but wonder if THEY are hurting for some reason that has NOTHING to do with me....

I certainly agree with your bottom two lines.

Some won't agree but I feel for drug users in a way.

I wonder if something somewhere in their lives has not been right and so they turn to drugs to hide the pain.
Not in all cases but in quite a few I would imagine.

flowerforyou Yes, me too...flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 06/12/15 06:46 AM

There is a lot of new evidence (from awhile ago) that one species cannot change into another though. With DNA research a new term was coined "intelligent design"

If you're talking to me Cheecha, Intelligent Design is just a flimsy disguise for Creationism...Proponents like to say evolution is wrong so Intelligent Design must be right, but the truth is disproving one thing does not prove another...Show me the evidence that disproves evolution...Details please..

The details are right in front of your eyes, if you can see them. The symbiotic relationships of species that cannot survive alone is only one example. Google bacterial flagellum, and look at how complex a cell is. Darwin supposed that cells were simple structures that worked by osmosis when he came up with his theory. Darwin also had some doubts from the lack of transitional fossils. He assumed they would be found later. 150 yrs later they still have not been found.
There is no fossil record of anything evolving into a different species. There are changes within species but nothing ever changed into another species.

Still doesn't change the fact that Intelligent Design does not become the right or accepted 'scientific' theory just by proving evolution is wrong....So far, the evidence for evolution is a clear winner...There is no debate about evolution among the VAST majority of scientists because there is no credible alternative 'scientific' theory...What you refer to is specific mechanism "within" evolution!...Natural selection does not require that ALL structures have the same function or that they even need to be functional at each step in the development of an organism!...As many of us have already said, scientific theory is tested, proven over time...Intelligent Design is based on observation alone because it cannot be tested...

no photo
Fri 06/12/15 06:10 AM

I'm not so sure that they do :-)...Often people who are in pain (hurting) hurt others...Kind of like a reflex action or a twisted self defense mechanism...Be angry or cry?...They choose anger...Also depression causes anger and aggression...See what I'm getting at...I don't necessarily think it's "mostly" the good peeps getting hurt...I think it's more about how people express hurt...The more tender hearted person might be better able to express their feelings than the one dealing with emotional and psychological problems...The nicer person may have a stronger support group...Sometimes, when people lash out at me for no apparent reason, I can't help but wonder if THEY are hurting for some reason that has NOTHING to do with me....

no photo
Thu 06/11/15 04:33 PM
Edited by Leigh2154 on Thu 06/11/15 04:34 PM

no photo
Thu 06/11/15 04:26 PM

You don't need a brain to keep consciousness alive or else phenomena like NDE,OBE or reincarnation wouldn't have happened.

Brain is needed only to manifest our consciousness in our lives. Now, all the preaching about one all powerful God has taken away the focus from spiritualism. People are more bothered to please their gods than understanding their own consciousness.

Science on the other hand cannot explain NDE, OBE or reincarnation because of their closed mindset. The role of observer in quantum mechanics is well known but never understood.

'Consciousness' in spiritualism and 'Role of observer' in quantum phenomena are so close that they both can explain the creation of universe using a single hypothesis. Since Religion rests on 'Belief' and Science rest of 'Evidence' the two can't understand or complement each other.

Since Religion rests on 'Belief' and Science rest of 'Evidence' the two can't understand or complement each other.

Even when it comes to that my friend, how much "evidence" do you have outside of "heresay" or what some scientist(s)" said. Not downing or "putting down" science in itself. Just asking how much of that knowledge you possess as "science" that is taken on heresay accounts... eg., "what the scientists" say without further investigation?

Science in the mostso complicate instances that can't be varified by personal experience are taken as fact on the same basis "religion" or more specifically Christianity can be viewed on.

You should stick to talking about religion Cowboy cause science doesn't seem to be your strong suit...Science is knowledge based on testable explanations...It can be rationally explained and reliably applied...Science is also theory based on evidence...The only thing that changes scientific theory is new evidence and so far there is no new evidence that changes the theory of evolution into the Garden of Eden......

Don't know specifically bout your mention of the theory of evolution or "Garden of Eden".

But a "theory" in the long run is nothing more then an educated guess. And scientists/people of such knowledge don't like that claim as the reference of the word "guess". But in the end, that's all a theory truly boils down to.

Not demeaning Science at all, as we've come a long ways from where we were once and still have a long ways to go. Just yeah, bottom point.

'Scientific' theory is quite a bit more than an educated guess...It is a coherent group of propositions formulated to explain a group of facts or phenomena in the natural world which has been REPEATEDLY confirmed through experiment or observation...It is a well substantiated explanation of an aspect of the natural world that is acquired through REPEATED testing...Would you like me to REPEAT that for you?...:tongue:

no photo
Thu 06/11/15 02:46 PM

You don't need a brain to keep consciousness alive or else phenomena like NDE,OBE or reincarnation wouldn't have happened.

Brain is needed only to manifest our consciousness in our lives. Now, all the preaching about one all powerful God has taken away the focus from spiritualism. People are more bothered to please their gods than understanding their own consciousness.

Science on the other hand cannot explain NDE, OBE or reincarnation because of their closed mindset. The role of observer in quantum mechanics is well known but never understood.

'Consciousness' in spiritualism and 'Role of observer' in quantum phenomena are so close that they both can explain the creation of universe using a single hypothesis. Since Religion rests on 'Belief' and Science rest of 'Evidence' the two can't understand or complement each other.

Since Religion rests on 'Belief' and Science rest of 'Evidence' the two can't understand or complement each other.

Even when it comes to that my friend, how much "evidence" do you have outside of "heresay" or what some scientist(s)" said. Not downing or "putting down" science in itself. Just asking how much of that knowledge you possess as "science" that is taken on heresay accounts... eg., "what the scientists" say without further investigation?

Science in the mostso complicate instances that can't be varified by personal experience are taken as fact on the same basis "religion" or more specifically Christianity can be viewed on.

You should stick to talking about religion Cowboy cause science doesn't seem to be your strong suit...Science is knowledge based on testable explanations...It can be rationally explained and reliably applied...Science is also theory based on evidence...The only thing that changes scientific theory is new evidence and so far there is no new evidence that changes the theory of evolution into the Garden of Eden......

no photo
Thu 06/11/15 02:28 PM

Maybe I got it wrong, but isn't she asking about sleeping in the house of her fiance? Not about living together?

You got it the same way I did....SHe said sleeping in the house, not in his bed...So IDK...Maybe she will come back and elaborate...

She won't be back.. They already have that " Do not disturb" sign on the door Lol... who's she kidding ;)

Hahaha...Your realistic side is showing again Dawg....flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 06/11/15 02:11 PM
Edited by Leigh2154 on Thu 06/11/15 02:11 PM

If you would teach your dog to attack on command, you could then offer to pay for the vet and meet later!

noway To much room for error Joe.....

You know I was just trying to be helpful!!:angel: Imagine the possibilities!!!! He could choose the dog owner of his choice! He could show incredible sorrow and compassion to make a wonderful first impression! And ... if there were no datable chicks around, he could help rid the world of those little yappy bastards that no one likes anyway!!! ... for good practice!happy

slaphead I think your BBQ is burning!...laugh

no photo
Thu 06/11/15 10:57 AM

Maybe I got it wrong, but isn't she asking about sleeping in the house of her fiance? Not about living together?

No, but premarital sex and shacking up must be discussed! You know how these things go!

:laughing:

rofl rofl

no photo
Thu 06/11/15 10:54 AM

You got it the same way I did....SHe said sleeping in the house, not in his bed...So IDK...Maybe she will come back and elaborate...

no photo
Thu 06/11/15 10:14 AM

Why not? Some couples do it, without the pressure of marriage. Religion may play a part. I can understand why some people like to test the waters before they get married. After all, if you both marry, but then find out you're both sexually incompatible, it's not going to bode well, in the long-term. I would be kicking myself, if I married my lover, only to find we weren't such a good match.

shades Psssst....from what I gather from religious tales, god never did marry the mother of his son, so I reckon it is alright if we humans shack up a while....

I was never here....scared

Agree!:thumbsup:

no photo
Thu 06/11/15 10:12 AM

Maybe the fact that the "bibles" of the world are interpretive is the very thing that keeps people reading them...:wink:

Just dancin with ya..:banana:

Millions of people reading Harry Potter books don't make them true, factual, or relevant. Read 'em if you wanna but don't expect me to go running around catchin' hog warts!

:banana: :banana:

Damn good thang I wasn't talkin bout you then!....:tongue:

no photo
Thu 06/11/15 09:58 AM

Oh and darling?I.don't make habit of.perving women's profiles so have not bothered to read yours and have occasionally seen a post of yours in forums but am capable of looking at your present AV showing and read your profile name
:thumbsup: bigsmile

I'm confused, but if you have a problem with me darlin use my in box....I told you it was probably the hat..Would calling it a senior moment work better for you?...laugh

no photo
Thu 06/11/15 09:51 AM
Edited by Leigh2154 on Thu 06/11/15 09:51 AM

Take morality question off table
living together in state cohabitation can place young woman in a precarious position if things go badly

now there are also great number of older adults who are past point of having kids or already have them and are divorced that chose this route so as not to end up standing in front of judge again

Don't forget about social security...Some of us get punished financially if we marry, so we choose to live together instead...And the morality issue was never on the table for me when I answered OP's question...I don't think shacking up is necessarily a determination of ones morality...

no photo
Thu 06/11/15 09:41 AM

Successful meaning what?they lived together for awhile and got married or lived together for awhile and went seperate ways?

tex odd thing to address me by considering fact that I am neither male nor from state of Texaswhoa

Almost,,,,But more like lived together, got married, established themselves, started a family, remained together happily ever after...It does happen...

Sorry about that!flowerforyou ..Haven't been to your profile yet and don't follow you in the forums...Maybe it was the hat?blushing

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25