Community > Posts By > Optomistic69

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 02:06 PM
Spying

And then there are the reasons to dislike Israel and what it represents that go way back. In 1952's Lavon Affair, the Israelis were prepared to blow up a U.S. Information Center in Alexandria and blame it on the Egyptians. In 1967, the Israelis attacked and nearly sank the USS Liberty, killing 34 crewmen, and then used their power over President Lyndon Johnson to block an investigation into what had occurred. In 1987, Jonathan Pollard was convicted of spying for Israel with investigators determining that he had been the most damaging spy in the history of the United States. In the 1960s, Israelis stole uranium from a lab in Pennsylvania to construct a secret nuclear arsenal. And the spying and theft of U.S. technology continues. Israel is the most active "friendly nation" when it comes to stealing U.S. secrets, and when its spies are caught, they are either sent home or, if they are Americans, receive a slap on the wrist.

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 02:03 PM
Edited by Optomistic69 on Thu 10/04/12 02:03 PM

Love does exist, and I lost it... spent 25 years loving 1 woman, and she broke my heart. The real question is, if you've loved once, can you ever love again? I don't think this is possible because you never stop loving that one person, no matter how much she hurts you...

You cannot turn on and off Love.

Now being in Love is different.bigsmile

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 02:00 PM
Just in case someone might rubbish Edward Said.

I have read many of Said’s books and confess that most are not easy to read. His subject writing is certain to challenge the most erudite and intellectual reader.

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 01:58 PM
No one speaks more eloquently on this subject than Philip Giraldi. Americans should be outraged, and there are some signs that an increasing number of us are. It's as if they are slowly being deprogrammed out of a cult- because make no mistake, the Israel Lobby's control over Americans, their media and the US Congress is cult-like. Mearsheimer & Walt's landmark tome, "The Israel Lobby and US Foreign Policy" made it OK to criticize Israel without automatically being branded an anti-Semite, although the tag is still being used as a weapon. Giraldi goes further, challenging our errant moral compasses, our "selective outrage."

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 01:55 PM
At a time when it became convenient for Western intellectuals to ignore Israel’s brutality to avoid the wrath of national Jewish organizations, Said refused to be silenced. For him, “injustice was to be rectified, not rationalized”.

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 01:54 PM
Said questioned this dilemma extensively in his 2003 book Culture and Resistance, pointing out that “there is a great difference between acknowledging Jewish oppression and using that as a cover for the oppression of another people”.

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 01:52 PM
Exceptional scholars are typically celebrated in the West. Said was the recipient of many academic awards, but the lack of official US acknowledgement of his talent was due mainly to his tireless efforts fighting the most powerful and organized single-issue group in America.

For instance, the charge of anti-Semitism has become a psychological weapon in the hands of Zionists, who use it to numb Israel’s opponents and stifle its critics.

http://www.redressonline.com/2012/10/edward-said-champion-of-justice/

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 01:46 PM
Pushing us into war

And why is Benjamin Netanyahu in such a lather? It is because President Barack Obama will not concede to him a "red line" that would automatically trigger a U.S. attack on Iran. Consider for a moment the hubris of Netanyahu in demanding that Washington meet his conditions for going to war with Iran, a nation that for all its frequently described faults has not
Netanyahu and his bomb diagram at the UN
attacked anyone, has not threatened to attack anyone, and has not made the political decision to acquire a nuclear weapon in spite of what one reads in the U.S. press. At the U.N., Netanyahu's chart showing a cartoon bomb with a sputtering fuse reminiscent of something that might have been employed by an anarchist in the 1870s failed to pass any credibility test even for the inevitable cheerleaders in the U.S. media. If the U.S. is to go to war based on a Netanyahu cartoon then it deserves everything it gets when the venture turns sour, most likely Iraq Redux, only 10 times worse.

Even more outrageous, and a lot less reported in the media, were the comments made by Patrick Clawson, director of research for the Washington Institute for Near East Policy (WINEP), an organization founded by the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC). WINEP is widely viewed as a major component of the Israel Lobby in Washington and is closely tied to the Israeli government, with which it communicates on a regular basis. Clawson heads WINEP's Iran Security Initiative. At a briefing on Sept. 24 he said, "I frankly think that crisis initiation is really tough, and it's very hard for me to see how the United States … uh … president can get us to war with Iran.… The traditional way America gets to war is what would be best for U.S. interests."

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 01:26 PM

offtopic

The Article is to do with Israel Interfering in American electoral politics.

Could we get back to the topic please.

OK - There is no evidence of Israel interfering in American electoral
politics....so that is going to be a very short discussion.

laugh

In fact, I guess we are done.

laugh

There are none so blind than those that will not seebigsmile

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 11:21 AM
Hate speech posing as free speech

I will deliberately avoid belaboring another Israel Firster Pamela Geller and her New York subway posters calling Palestinians savages and Israelis civilized, as I am sure the point has been made about how any lie that can serve the cause of Israel will be aggressively defended as “free speech.” A poster excoriating Jews or blacks in similar terms as “savages” would not have seen the light of day in New York City, another indication of the power of the Lobby and its friends to control the debate about the Middle East and game the system.

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 10:33 AM

offtopic

Has more to do with hating on Jews.
Do I see prejudiced?
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I bet you didn't read the article.

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 10:25 AM

Barry could make a great career at tap-dancing.

Ya'll notice Meeshelle on the side with the flash cards. Too bad she had them upside down.

Noone has made a better career at tap dancing than Romney

:thumbsup: :banana: :banana: :banana: waving

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 10:24 AM
offtopic

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 10:16 AM

The folks were reprimanded and discharged.

What has been done to those who kill innocents and cut the clitorises out of children?

But the folks that committed those crimes in abu ghraib came from a supposedly civilized country.

Your obvious prejudice is showing through.
that's a good one!laugh

Always a but!

No answer to my question.

Or, is the answer;
It's a pass for animals from an uncivilized country to masturbate using the thighs of infants?

There are similar beings in every country on the planet and they should all be dealt through the law of the land.

A wrong doing is just wrong no matter who or where it is carried out.

All the examples, mutilating kids, masturbating using children murdering people cuz they dis a pedo mohammed I put out there are all done legally by the muslim scum.

What has all this got to do with Israel.?

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 10:03 AM

What has been done to those who kill innocents and cut the clitorises out of children?

But the folks that committed those crimes in abu ghraib came from a supposedly civilized country.

that's a good one!laugh

Always a but!

No answer to my question.

Or, is the answer;
It's a pass for animals from an uncivilized country to masturbate using the thighs of infants?

There are similar beings in every country on the planet and they should all be dealt through the law of the land.

A wrong doing is just wrong no matter who or where it is carried out.

American soldiers should know better than to come down to the level of these people.

They hate us for our freedoms my arse...

They hate us because we are bullies.

America puts its own interest first while claiming to be bringing democracy to the middle east.....Saudi Arabia excluded of course.

Its all about the Dollar Empire pure and simple.bigsmile

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 09:35 AM

If I were you, I'd just simply tell him I don't want to date him.

No means "yes" in penis talk.

Gives New Meaning to Talking Heads.bigsmile

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 09:30 AM

I'm beginning to wonder who I should really put my trust into.
Who would you vote for and why? You have 2 minutes (lol)

Im all Obama 2012. lol @ 2 minutes

I believe Obama achieves IN SPITE of, which is no small task. I believe he fights hard for what he believes in even when it isnt the popular thing with his own party platform. I believe he is more in touch with the average persons struggles and obstacles and is most likely to stand up for them. I dont want the old status quo and I realize no President changes those things alone without cooperation from Congress. But the congress we have now, is not one I am happy with and I think the fact that they are so reluctant to work with OBAMA says that OBAMA is more in touch with the average person then with the congressional status quo of making the rich richer and keeping everyone else as a foundation to maintain the wealth of the few.

I believe in Obama for Education reform, Health Reform, National Security, and economic turnaround.

I agree with all you say here, including the fact that a President cannot do everything. But unless his ambition was to get a second term and then do what he was elected to do by an overwhelming number of less well off Americans then we will have to wait and see if his gamble pays off in November.

I would dearly love to see Obama elected and really do for America what I think he is capable of doing. He has the potential to become the greatest POTUS EVER

If he is elected he should ride roughshod over the pussycongressmen and political whores.

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 09:11 AM
I think Ron Paul should join forces with The Justice Party.

This guy Anderson is a very down to earth chap...IMO

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 09:08 AM

Optomistic69's photo
Thu 10/04/12 09:04 AM

Why I like Israel, they don't cut off the clitoris.

That true...but then again they dropped white phosphorous on hundreds of children and sucked the air out their lungs.

Two Wrongs

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25