Community > Posts By > mssilverfox

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 12/21/13 03:14 AM
So sorry about your sister, she fought long and hard.. How wonderful that you were able to spend that time with her and her family. Good too that you'll be able to help them get thru the holiday. Have a blessed Christmas Jane...hugs flowerforyou flowerforyou

mssilverfox's photo
Fri 12/20/13 05:10 AM
Morning Carol and minglers, It's warming up here slowly and getting rain. Supposed to be 60 on Sunday but then 30's on Monday.. Weather can't make up it's mind..lol I won a beauty makeover at a local department store so going today to see how beautiful I can look..lol
Hope you all have a great day! flowerforyou

mssilverfox's photo
Fri 12/20/13 05:03 AM
So glad to hear he is doing much better...I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! Hugs

mssilverfox's photo
Fri 12/20/13 04:55 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Fri 12/20/13 04:58 AM
As I was a stay at home mom most of the time(I did work part time for awhile and then full time when I was divorced) I didn't have much of a pension. My second husband made arrangements for me to go on his retirement if he passed away(he did). However when he passed, I put myself on a budget and in 4 years was completely out of debt. When my mom passed and left me some money, I was able to get a newer car and bought a motorcycle, paid cash for both. I moved to an apartment and
got rid of a lot of stuff I thought I needed(I didn't).. I can now live comfortably, helped all 3 gkids with college,(2 graduated w/honors and the last one has one more semester) able to travel a couple of times a year if I want. I have many hobbies to keep me busy or not..lol
I retired at age 62 only because I had back surgery and was not able to do the job I was doing anymore. I consider myself very lucky as I am able to pay my bills, save some money and still have a little left over..

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 12/19/13 04:58 AM
Morning everyone..flowerforyou Not a bad day with just a little snow on the ground. Warming up, 31 right now and by Sunday will be 60! Won't last though, Monday back in the low 30's... Got a haircut and nails done yesterday and tomorrow I'm getting a makeup makeover...Treating myself a little bit...lol

mssilverfox's photo
Tue 12/17/13 06:41 AM
Morning Carol and Eze...Had a little snow during the night, that's a good thing as the drive outside my back door (and in front of the other garages) is about 2" of ice. At least with snow covering you can walk without fear of falling. I've been busy making cookies and candy, need to make buckeyes and I'm done.. Not making as much this year, getting toooo old for this. lol

mssilverfox's photo
Tue 12/17/13 06:34 AM
Just had my morning protein shake with bananas, almonds, almond milk and choc protein powder...yummy!

mssilverfox's photo
Tue 12/17/13 06:32 AM
Prayers that he gets better soon..flowerforyou

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 12/15/13 04:34 AM
Morning everyone waving

Hippie, I love McD hot chocolate although I get the low fat, it's still very good, great taste.

Presents are wrapped and making candy today...weather is not bad, 27 this morning, snow was wet and then we had rain so it melted a lot.

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 12/15/13 04:30 AM
Good morning all, We had about 4" of wet snow and then some rain..some of the snow is gone already...

Wrapped all my xmas presents yesterday, today is candy making day. Will be making chocolate fudge, peanut butter fudge, no bake choc and oatmeal cookies and start my buckeyes..(roll the peanut butter balls and refrigerate, dip later)..

Hope you all have a wonderful day! waving

mssilverfox's photo
Tue 12/10/13 02:54 AM
So sorry for your loss Phoenix...Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family...flowerforyou

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 12/08/13 06:21 AM
Morning all..waving Heat wave here also, 21 this morning with rain later...

I, for one, was happy to see Ohio State get beat last night. Their heads swell everytime they have a great season and then screw up when its really important..bigsmile

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 12/07/13 04:00 AM
Morning Carol, Nice to see you here. Most of the storm went around us and didn't get as much snow/ice as we were to get. That's great news!
You all keep warm and drive safe, have a great weekend!!

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 12/07/13 03:54 AM
Morning all.. Not as much snow and ice as predicted but it was still a little slippery out there.. I've been wrapping presents (have one item to get) and will start baking this week....

Oh Viv, I feel for you, moving in the cold.. I moved on Dec.1 one year and we had 6" of snow. Never want to do that again..

Have a great weekend everyone! drinker

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 12/05/13 06:43 AM
Morning everyone...It's very warm here (60)this morning but COLD temps by tonight and lots of snow in the forecast...

Saw my heart dr yesterday as my last EKG was a litte off.. They scheduled me for a stress test next week, just want I need with Xmas coming.. Oh well, better safe than sorry...

You all have a great day, stay warm and travel safe for those of you that are already getting the bad weather...flowerforyou

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 12/05/13 06:38 AM
Good morning from central NE Ohio...It's 60 right now (unusually warm for this time of year) but temps will fall all day with some rain and then the really cold temps come tonight and tomorrow..A lot of snow is forecast for tomorrow.. Sounds like cookie baking time...lol

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 12/05/13 06:32 AM
Being a survivor of a mental breakdown at age 23, I promised myself to never let myself go there again...I had rheumatic fever at age 11 and was bedridden for 4 months, married at 18 1/2, and had 4 children by the time I was 24.. When I was 2 months pregnant with my last child, I fell apart.. I remember trying to tell people around me there was something wrong but it was like I was speaking a language no one understood. After being hospitalized (12 days) and having 7 electro-shock treatments I was sent home. The meds were either too strong or not strong enough. After 6 months I told my dr. I didn't want to be on anything. I had 3 small children and was expecting again. It took me about 2 years before I felt normal again, couldn't remember names but recognized faces, and my dr wife committed suicide..(I thought, what kind of dr is he that he couldn't prevent that). My dr said that the rheumatic fever was a trama and some other family problems plus having 4 kids in 5 years was too much for my body to handle. Shuting down was my bodys way of protecting me... That was in the mid 60's. I used to talk to high school kids that were having problems, hoping I could keep them from going thru the hell I went thru. My way of giving back. One girl that was having an identity problems(her mom insisted there was not a problem) now goes out of her way to say hello if she sees me. She's now happily married with 2 children.
Some people still see mental illness as being evil but its not something you want or wish for. Most often its a chemical imbalance so don't be afraid to ask for help.. It happens and you need as much support that you can get from family and friends..I was lucky..
(sorry for this being so long)

mssilverfox's photo
Wed 12/04/13 04:08 AM
Morning friends waving Not much going on today.. Hope you all have a good one!

mssilverfox's photo
Tue 12/03/13 04:37 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Tue 12/03/13 04:38 AM
Morning everyone waving Up early again (this really has to stop),lol. Need to go to the lab for bloodwork before I have breakfast..Weather is warming up and supposed to be 60 by Thursday..maybe some rain today..
Decorations and tree all up and groceries to make cookies and candy all bought. Need to finish my shopping and xmas cards and then I will bake.. Ahead of myself this year, feels good not to be so rushed...My horoscope says there is romance in my life this month...wouldn't that be a nice xmas present? lol

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 12/02/13 03:18 AM
Morning mingle friends flowerforyou

Survived Thanksgiving, didn't do any shopping until Sunday and have an early appointment with the eye dr. this morning.. Had some excess skin removed from my eyelids so I can see better..It's healing very nice with just a little bruising..stitches starting to dissolve already..

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25