Community > Posts By > mssilverfox

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 04/13/14 07:20 AM
Morning everyone waving Another beautiful day (75 yesterday, 80 today) sunny and windy. Tuesday calling for snow flurries.. I've been spring cleaning and working hard so I'm going to get out and enjoy this day!

Everybody have a great day!

mssilverfox's photo
Fri 04/11/14 06:03 AM
Morning Viv, I don't think you look old..People don't believe me when I tell them my age but I think we earned being older. LOL

Dreary and raining here although fairly warm (50)now. Last I heard it was to be warm and sunny.. I must have fallen asleep..bigsmile

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 04/10/14 05:35 AM
Morning everyone..bigsmile Sunny and only 44 now, going to warm up.. We've been having some really windy weather, up to 45mph. Hard to keep the car on the road...lol

Getting my stitches out tomorrow morning, YEA! Finally will be able to eat some good food..

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 04/07/14 06:44 AM
Morning everyone happy Have a great day!

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 04/07/14 06:29 AM
In 1960 when I graduated high school, if you didn't go to college or into the military, you usually got married. Just the way it was then. I married 5 months out of high school and had 4 children in 5 years. Money was tight and hardly ever a vacation but we learned to appreciate everything we had. We had lots of support( and sometimes help) from our families..

I respect people that don't want to have kids for whatever reason. Some people should NOT have kids. And then there are those that want children and can't have them... My son (51) has never married and has no children,(although he loves kids, is like a second father to one of my gsons), my youngest daughter has no children of her own but has 2 step children to whom she is a wonderful mother. She was going to make the Navy a career but after 12 years and some health problems, she had to get out. I now have two wonderful gsons and a beautiful gdaughter, all grown and two are married.

Sometimes life is hard and there are no promises in life but you make the most of it. Everytime I speak to my kids, gkids and even friends, I always tell them "I love you".

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 04/07/14 05:47 AM
Growing up in the late 50's the pointed toe high(not as high as now) heels were popular. As I got older I had problems with my feet from the pointed toes. I haven't worn heels since 2000 when I had my back surgery. I have had a knee replacement, surgery on a blown out Achilles, a torn meniscus( all that on the same leg)and bunion and toe surgery on the other foot. Now I can't wear anything over 1" high. I'm getting old now so nobody cares what I wear on my feet...LOL I need to move to a warm place year round as I don't like wearing shoes anymore...bigsmile

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 04/06/14 07:51 AM
Morning minglers..waving

Another beautiful day, Friday was 75, 60's yesterday and today. Had some heavy rain Fri and Sat but cleared up and sunny.

Went to my periodontist on Fri to get something checked on my gums. I had an infection and ended up having some surgery. Have stitches so I'm on a liquid/soft foods diet for a few days.. Feeling fine, had a pain pill first day only..

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 04/06/14 07:30 AM
I think whatever you feel comfortable with.. I've dated a few guys younger than me but some were more mature.. Personally I won't even consider dating one that's younger than my oldest child. She's 53 and that is way young for me.. Sixty + is a good starting point for me. Also older is ok if they can keep up..LOL

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 04/06/14 07:23 AM
Chocolate, banana, almonds and peanut butter w/almond milk protein shake. I had some dental surgery on Friday, have stitches in my mouth so on liquids and soft foods for a few days...

Have a beautiful Sunday ! Hi 50's today and sunny! YEA!

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 04/06/14 07:16 AM
So sorry to hear this about your daughter. Wishing her a successful surgery and a good recovery. It's good that she has nice in-laws to help her as you live so far away. Not everyone is that lucky. Prayers for her and you..flowerforyou

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 04/03/14 07:14 AM
I used to work in a dental office and you definitely need to see a dentist. The infection won't go away by itself and if it gets into your blood stream you can become seriously ill. Having a fever and swelling like that is a sing of infection. They will give you antibiotics and pain meds to help you.

mssilverfox's photo
Tue 04/01/14 12:15 PM
Edited by mssilverfox on Tue 04/01/14 12:16 PM
Good afternoon...My doctor changed my diabetes medicine and last night I had the best nights sleep. Went to bed at midnight, up at 7:45 for potty run and back to bed till 10:15. I couldn't believe it. I have so much energy today, went outside and cleaned all the windows, moped the kitchen and bathroom floors, ran the sweeper, did 3 loads of laundry and changed my bed.. Wow, makes me tired thinking about it...LOL And NO, its not an April Fools joke...lol It's 70, windy but sunny today...feels like SPRING! Yea!! All my windows are open...

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 03/31/14 09:02 AM
Carol, Congrats on the new guy! I met a guy on POF, he actually lived not far from me. We had a lot of fun and then he moved out of state and got married a year later...frustrated

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 03/31/14 08:59 AM

Happy Brithday Carole what did you buy flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou Hope you had a wonderful day flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Good morning mingler drinker Drinking coffee about to jump in the shower got a date at 6. We went out last Friday and Saturday nice man. drinker Met on POF drinker

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!! Had a great day. I got a great buy on a spring jacket...It had been $124..(I would never pay that for a spring jacket), got it for $17.28!! How's that for a bargain? LOL

Weather is beautiful today, sun is shining, about 50 today but later this week in the high 60's. It's getting there!!

Cindy, so sorry to hear about your horse. I would be sooo sad if I had to give up my cat...hugs I tried to email you but I'm too old. LOL

mssilverfox's photo
Mon 03/31/14 08:49 AM
Congratulations to the both of you! It's an awesome feeling to see our children and grandchildren do well in life.. My gdaughter worked for 3 years so she could get her masters. She graduated last year with distinction.. Wishing him a great career!

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 03/30/14 07:46 AM

My aches and pains were due to neck damage..had major surgery last year and its been a long road back..still not fully recovered yet..

Good luck with your neck surgery.. I have some narrowing between the vertebra in my upper back/lower neck. Was having pain between my shoulder blades, dr sent me to Emergency room as they thought I was having a heart attack. That's how I found out about the neck problem.. Getting old is not always fun but I try to make the most of it. (If I'm having a bad day, I stay in bed with the covers over my head)..LOL

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 03/30/14 07:36 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Sun 03/30/14 07:40 AM
Yep, I have aches and pains.. smile2 At age 72 I am still getting around pretty good.. I have had lower back surgery and have a brace attached to my spine and lower 3 vertebra. I had a knee replacement 3 1/2 years ago, blew out my Achilles, torn tendon in my foot, bunion and toe surgery and carpal tunnel surgery all at over the age of 50. Don't go to the gym anymore but I do weights, pilates and ride a recumbent bike at least 5 miles daily at home. We have a pool at my apartment complex and use that a lot in the summer. I use my cane if back is hurting. Just had a stress test in Jan. and dr says my heart is in great shape!

I do travel several times a year (sometimes alone)so don't hesitate to ask for help at the airports. Some of those places are really big and have hard floors that make walking hard on the back. The only things I have given up was hang gliding and riding my Harley...lol

I want to be as independent as long as possible..bigsmile

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 03/29/14 06:44 AM
Morning everyone bigsmile

Overcast here this morning, cold,low 30's.

Went shopping yesterday (I had some gift cards) and got a spring jacket that had been $124 for $16.78.. My kind of deal!!! laugh

Have a great weekend everybody!drinker

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 03/29/14 06:27 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Sat 03/29/14 06:30 AM
Just turned 72 and still a few things on my bucket list...

Go to Egypt to see the pyramids
Go to Australia, New Zealand, Alaska and Tahiti
Skydive (they won't let me because I've had back surgery)
Travel as much as I can before I die

Things I have done...

Swam with the dolphins in Jamaica
Swam and held a stingray in Grand Cayman
Several hot air balloon rides
Helped build a house
Drove cross country by myself (6,000 miles)
Dated a celebrity
Drove a race car
And best of all...owned my own Harley Sportster 1200..bigsmile

Kristi..... Hope you get that motorcycle soon. I know you are going to love riding it! waving waving

mssilverfox's photo
Fri 03/28/14 06:21 AM

Hi Everyone. I just stopped by to spread the word that Carole is having a birthday today. Have a great one MsSilverfox

Thanks Jayne! I'm going shopping today, I have several coupons and getting myself something nice to wear...lol

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25