Community > Posts By > mssilverfox

mssilverfox's photo
Tue 02/03/15 03:48 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Tue 02/03/15 03:50 AM
Kids don't learn to make change anymore because when they are in elementary school they are allowed to use calculators. They don't teach them how to multiply and memorize. I was very upset when my stepdaughter came home and said she had to have a calculator for school. She was in 3rd grade.
I once had a girl give me back too much change. I tried to explain to her three times what she did and she just shook her shoulders. I finally just walked away. She shouldn't have been hired if she couldn't count.

They also don't teach the kids to write longhand (script). What do these people do when they need put their signature on a legal document?

I worked in a department store (small town) when I was 16 and not only did I run the register, I was responsible for doing the deposit and walking 2 blocks to the bank with it.

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 01/10/15 05:53 AM
Morning everyone..:smile: It's -6 here right now, to cold to get out of bed...LOL I had the wood burner going all day yesterday, looks like again today. We had about 3" of snow a couple of days ago but hard to tell because the wind is so bad, blowing snow everywhere. I know it's very cold a lot of places so hope you are warm and safe.

Carol, have a safe trip. Prayers for your mom..

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 01/04/15 05:50 AM
Morning Jeff and Carol...waving

Well, it's 60 degrees here this morning (raining now). By tonight it will be 15...shocked
Yesterday it started out cold and rainy with black ice and many accidents and then the temp went up to 55..We have only had snow one time this winter and that was actually late fall. That may change on Tuesday. What the hell is going on with this weather? LOL

Taking my tree down today and putting all the decorations away and into the garage before the cold hits. Sounds like I'll be using my wood burner soon.

Have a great day and keep warm!

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 01/04/15 05:39 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Sun 01/04/15 05:40 AM
I like that type of decor but not for me. Since the late 70's when I lived in Arizona, my house(now apartment) has been decorated in Southwestern (with a little Mexican)design. I love lots of color! I will be painting my living room a soft turquoise as soon as all the xmas stuff is down. My sofa is a brick red, my recliner is multi color pinstripe and I am putting up new white curtins. I live in a garage apartment and it doesn't get as much light as I would like.
My xmas tree is all decorated in SW and Mexican ornaments that I have collected in my travels. Everyone loves it and says how unique it is. I even have a tree top angel that has darker skin (Hispanic)that I found many years ago. It goes so well with the tree decorations. Over the years I have collected paintings by Ted DeGrazia, SW and Mexican pottery and other d�cor. Will post some pics when I'm finished.

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 01/04/15 05:21 AM
My morning cup of hot chocolate...happy

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 01/03/15 06:18 AM
After a few of the scammer emails, you will know right away that they are scammers. Usually you can tell by the way they talk and the spelling of some words. Just delete and move on. We all get them at one time or another...

I have been lucky enough to meet a few people (men and womem) from here. They were all very nice and I had no problems.

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 01/01/15 06:50 AM
Good morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

It's 22 here this morning, up to 35 and in the high 40's by Saturday. Almost like spring until the wind blows..lol
I have this horrible fatigue again, seem to get it early Dec. every year for the last 4 years. Not sure if I need more Vit D (I take a supplement) or the change in weather. I have an appointment next week with my endocrinologist so we will se. Haven't done much since Christmas but the tree will come down this weekend and decorations will be put away. I want to paint my living room and put up new curtains.
Jeff, you stay warm and I hope you all have a good day! waving

mssilverfox's photo
Tue 12/30/14 06:04 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Tue 12/30/14 06:05 AM
oops

mssilverfox's photo
Tue 12/30/14 06:04 AM
Good morning everyone, A cold morning , will only be about 38 today but the sun is shining so YEA! No snow yet. My kind of winter..lol
Hope you all have a good day! waving

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 12/28/14 10:22 AM
Morning Jeff and other minglers..Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Yesterday was a beautiful day, sunny and about 58( I'll take that for end of December weather) so I did a road trip to see my new great granddaughter. She was born on the 17th and is a beautiful little girl named Ava Lynn..

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 12/28/14 10:17 AM
Morning Jeff..happy
Had a protein drink, strawberries, banana, almonds, spinach and protein powder.

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 12/28/14 10:13 AM
Condolences, thoughts and prayers for you and your family PinkBunny..
flowerforyou flowerforyou

mssilverfox's photo
Sun 12/28/14 10:09 AM

Sunday morning, smells like the coffee is brewing. drinker drinker drinker

Morning Jeff..not being a coffee drinker, I decided to go back to sleep. LOL

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 12/25/14 06:56 AM
I have't been on here a lot this year but I do want to wish all of my friends here a Merry Christmas! Many blessings for a healthy and prosperous new year..hugs

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 12/25/14 06:49 AM
Sending thoughts and prayers to Claude's brother and their family. Hope all goes well..

mssilverfox's photo
Thu 12/25/14 06:43 AM
Morning Jeff, Merry Christmas! Hope you have a wonderful day! hugs

mssilverfox's photo
Sat 12/20/14 04:42 AM
Enjoying a cup of hot chocolate with a few marshmallows, breakfast later. It's in the low 30's this morning..brrrr

mssilverfox's photo
Wed 12/10/14 06:08 AM
Edited by mssilverfox on Wed 12/10/14 06:11 AM
My family keeps getting bigger. Two of my gkids are married now, one is engaged and I am getting a GREAT granddaughter(my first) for Christmas. Well, she's due to arrive on the 22nd but who knows for sure..LOL
Last year was the first year in a while that I purchased gifts as I had surgery and was not able to get out and shop for 4 years before that, all in Nov. or Dec.
This year I have shopped, got some really good buys but some in the family are getting money again as I can't find anything that they don't already have. The gson and his wife are getting a gift card for a weekend at a Bed and Breakfast as I thought they could use a night away from the baby later on..just the two of them, a nice dinner and romantic evening...
Between birthdays and Christmas it about breaks me up..LOL
I still enjoy making lots of cookies and candy and everyone likes that as they all get a box of goodies to take home.

mssilverfox's photo
Wed 12/10/14 05:48 AM
Wonderful news Queene! Hope everything goes well..

mssilverfox's photo
Fri 12/05/14 05:54 AM
My morning protein drink...almond milk, sunflower seeds, peanut butter, banana and chocolate protein powder...

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25