Community > Posts By > lovesflowerstoo

lovesflowerstoo's photo
Tue 01/08/08 06:35 AM
Give it time...someone your age if that's what your looking for will come along and boom!...you won't be able to get rid of him laugh
But.. on the other hand...being my age, middle forties, I'm in between what men are looking for in the age bracket...I'm either too old, or too young...those who are my age, want younger women or they have started their second or third families or if I am contacted, they are way too young, I have shoes older then them or too old for me... you know, retired for many years... and like one of the post before, it makes me sick at my stomach at their comments. I beleive most of us are on these site in hopes that the "one" will contact us and they will be just what we want... Good luck...just hang in there.

lovesflowerstoo's photo
Wed 01/02/08 06:00 AM
My son is married to a lady my age, they've dated since he was 18, now he's 26, it's odd to introduce her as my "daughter-in-law"...take it one day at a time and have fun...but if it starts to get serious, ask yourself if your willing to give up on having children or being a grandparent at such an early age, she'll retire at 20 plus years before you do... there are lots of questions, I know, my son now thinks about them now a lot... but nope...he didn't listen to mother, he knew everything..lol...

lovesflowerstoo's photo
Tue 01/01/08 06:41 PM
The words are wonderful... he must be in the witness protection program...or married???

lovesflowerstoo's photo
Tue 01/01/08 06:13 AM
From a woman's view point... she wants out...your job is not the issue...she knew about your job when you both started this relationship. Keep working and especially if you enjoy what you do...Happy New Year everyone...

lovesflowerstoo's photo
Sun 12/30/07 04:59 AM
This came to me in another email... thought...hum... we do this in our daily lives and especially in our dating life.

Happy New Year...and enjoy your hot chocolate!

A group of graduates, well established in their careers, were talking at a reunion and decided to go visit their old university professor, now retired.
During their visit, the conversation turned to complaints about stress in their work and lives.
Offering his guests hot chocolate, the professor went into the kitchen and returned with a large pot of hot chocolate and an
assortment of cups -porcelain, glass, crystal, some plain looking, some expensive, some exquisite - telling them to help themselves to the hot Chocolate.
When they all had a cup of hot chocolate in hand, the professor said:"Notice that all the nice looking, expensive cups were taken, leaving behind the plain and cheap ones.
While it is normal for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress.

The cup that you're drinking from adds nothing to the quality of the hot chocolate. In most cases it is just more expensive and in some cases even hides what we drink.
What all of you really wanted was hot chocolate, not the cup; but you consciously went for the best cups...
And then you began eyeing each others cups.

Now consider this: Life is the hot chocolate; your job, money and position in society are the cups.
They are just tools to hold and contain life.
The cup you have does not define, nor change the quality of life you have. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the hot chocolate God has provided us.

God makes the hot chocolate, man chooses the cups.
The happiest people don't have the best of everything.
They just make the best of everything that they have.

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
And enjoy your hot chocolate

lovesflowerstoo's photo
Thu 12/20/07 08:57 AM
first and foremost....STOP TALKING TO HIM....when your down and out, people say things that you want to hear to make think you'll feel better if you do it their way...when you feel lonely like most of us have, look at your child, the blessings he/she has brought into your life, get out take a walk, visit a true friend...but it's not worth the one night of "pleasure" and then the rest of your life with guilt...go back make a list of the things you liked about your boyfriend when you first met him, see if you can remember the happiness that you had...take the time that you spend on talking to the other person...spend it on him...now in both of your defense...he's working trying to provide for three people, which is a lot of responsiblity, put yourself in his shoes...but like I said in the first line...STOP TALKING TO HIM....

lovesflowerstoo's photo
Wed 12/19/07 02:38 AM
New to site... Go HOGS GO!

lovesflowerstoo's photo
Tue 12/18/07 09:02 AM
Thank goodness I'm not the lone ranger out here...thanks for the reply...

lovesflowerstoo's photo
Tue 12/18/07 08:58 AM
Okay...I know I'm not stupid but where in the world do you see your "mutal matches" when it says you have a new one? How does anyone know that they are? I don't see where you wink, kiss, or whatever it is to get their attention execpt for emailing...is that what I need to do? Then, who really makes the first move? Me or you?