Community > Posts By > Gorey_Gefling

no photo
Sat 02/11/12 10:38 PM

Think about what you want, not what you don't want.

Think about what you have, not what you don't have.

Exactly. The hard part is getting your emotions to line up with what you want. If you are very depressed about something and you are thinking about what you want, you are confusing the process. You have to feel the happiness attached to getting what you want.

Great points all. Thank you, Jeanniebean. I do visualization frequently, and I hadn't thought about this perspective. I'm definitely going to try this new (to me) line of thinking out!

no photo
Sat 02/11/12 10:32 PM
My 3 boy cats sleep elsewhere, but my girl cat likes to sleep curled up next to my legs. She also likes to begin randomly meowing at things around 4-5 a.m., and quite often she'll sit on my back and play with my hair. I :heart: cats!

no photo
Sat 02/11/12 10:29 PM

Valentines day will be a painful one for me this year,
be the 1st in a long time that won't be spent with my ex
and I just know it's going to bother me that she is
out with her new old man that day. it has only been
a couple weeks since we officially split so anything
like this is hard right now.

It is hard, but it gets easier. And you may look back on it later on and feel completely different about what is bringing you down right now. I don't presume to know your exact situation, but remember~ Time heals all wounds and time wounds all heels.
flowerforyou

Ah like many men I went and had kids with the wrong women,
I am more upset my ideal of a family did not pan out then
the loss of my partner. She is not a good person and I am
way better off, just around these times you remember the
good and wonder what if.

Thank you for you're well wishes I appreciate them,
and Hopefully it won't take too much time to resolve
myself.

My best Valentine's Day was when my Dad showed up with a rose and took me out for supper. You can create new traditions with your kids, too! There are lots of kinds of love to celebrate on Valentin'es Day! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Agreed! I'm spending time with my family that day, and quite looking forward to it. happy

no photo
Wed 02/08/12 01:54 AM
Needle Street - And Also The Trees

no photo
Sun 02/05/12 11:23 AM

Quirky Alone, I realized it was better to be alone with my own quirks than to be with someone who wanted to change me and that for a relationship to work you have to kind someone who doesn't mind your quirks and you don't mind theirs.

Or as my brother, Alan says, "We are all crazy. It's just finding someone a kind of crazy you can live with".

I had the same experience with Party of One: The Loner's Manifesto by Anneli Rufus. Basically the entire book is devoted to letting you know that it's okay to prefer being alone (which is NOT the same as being lonely). There's a section in which the author states that some people enjoy dating, even if it's not "the one," because they like the company. Loners see that as a waste of time and would rather just be with someone meaningful or be on their own. I thought, "Woah, that's me! There are other people like me? It's okay to be like that? Awesome!"

If I don't get enough time to myself per week I go a little nuts. :angel:

no photo
Sun 02/05/12 05:23 AM
Edited by Gorey_Gefling on Sun 02/05/12 05:27 AM
Keep You - Class Actress

http://youtu.be/kSOWYyy693k

This fan-made video is pretty excellent. A French made-for-TV movie from the 60s set to synthpop. Very awesome.

no photo
Fri 02/03/12 01:24 AM

I eat fish but the rest of my diet is vegetarian.

waving hello and welcome from the UK.

pescatarian*

that's the correct term for your diet. lol

p.s.
I am a practicing vegan :D

welcome :]

I know..but most people don't know what that means lol flowerforyou

Some people don't even know that fish is considered 'meat'...I like to keep it simple :smile:

I even use 'fish' to include seafood even though I know there's a difference.

I'm also pescetarian! waving

And hello and welcome! happy

no photo
Wed 02/01/12 09:12 PM

Rumpelstiltskin too. But I have seen him in other TV shows and yummy!

Good show!

I agree about Rumpelstiltskin! And I thought that the sheriff/hunter was super hot. I'm sad that he's not on the show anymore. brokenheart

no photo
Mon 01/30/12 05:12 PM
Topic: Heists/bank robberies

1. The Getaway

2. Heat

3. The Great Train Robbery

4. Bandits

5. Ocean's 11

6. Point Break

7. The Italian Job

no photo
Mon 01/30/12 05:06 PM

I collect Hess Trucks. I have a family member however that collects collections!laugh

That's awesome. laugh

no photo
Mon 01/30/12 04:12 PM

I didn't really decide to start a NBC collection, but all my friends and family know that I adore Tim Burton, so every year I get more NBC stuff. Not that I'm complaining! winking

I wash I was as lucky with people paying attention to what I collect. I usually end up with loads of crap I don't use or have no idea what to do with. laugh

It was like that for me before Hot Topic came along. I noticed that my presents got exponentially better when that store came along. :tongue:

no photo
Mon 01/30/12 03:48 PM

I used to collect comic books, but that became manga and anime. Music and books are my biggest collections, but if you want specifics, I collect Haunted Mansion memorabilia as well as Nightmare Before Christmas and Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji) items. :smile:

Stuff like that is always fascinating to me. My sister used to collect a lot of the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff along with later stuff such as Corpse Bride.

I didn't really decide to start a NBC collection, but all my friends and family know that I adore Tim Burton, so every year I get more NBC stuff. Not that I'm complaining! winking

no photo
Mon 01/30/12 03:46 PM

I rescue toys from thrift stores. I feel bad for them. I guess one too many Pixar film. Mostly stuffed animals and Barbie type dolls. I like comic books and trading cards. I am into nostalgia. I have a lot of cassette tapes for my car's cassette deck. I love buying shoes at thrift shops. I recently got into PS 2 and own two and tons of games. I love books.

I know what you mean, I keep trying to streamline my stuff, but every time I try to recycle my old toys I get visions of Toy Story and The Velveteen Rabbit and I CAN'T! slaphead

no photo
Mon 01/30/12 03:42 PM
Actually, I've probably been all of them at one point or another, especially the Criminal & the Brain when I was younger. All except for the Jock. Never been the Jock as far back as I can recall. laugh

no photo
Mon 01/30/12 03:30 PM
I used to collect comic books, but that became manga and anime. Music and books are my biggest collections, but if you want specifics, I collect Haunted Mansion memorabilia as well as Nightmare Before Christmas and Black Butler (Kuroshitsuji) items. :smile:

no photo
Mon 01/30/12 03:05 PM
I'm the Basket Case. Always have been, always will be. :wink:

no photo
Mon 01/30/12 03:02 PM
Edited by Gorey_Gefling on Mon 01/30/12 03:02 PM
"Pretty In Pink" by The Psychedelic Furs. My iPod is dead, but as long as I can find an 80s/New Wave station, I'm happy. :smile: