Community > Posts By > singledad53

singledad53's photo
Sat 02/23/08 04:20 PM
Spybot Seach and Destroy is a free one that should kill most things....What are you running for antivirus or spyware now?

singledad53's photo
Wed 02/13/08 04:12 PM
liquid you look pretty hot now.........you would have no need for anything!! smiles
flowerforyou

singledad53's photo
Wed 02/13/08 04:11 PM
nope, if they do not like what they see...........then their loss!! LOL

singledad53's photo
Wed 02/13/08 04:07 PM
I am a Washingtonian!!! Lets here it for the PNW!! Gods country!!

singledad53's photo
Wed 02/13/08 04:03 PM
Happy Valentines Day to you also.......great smile pretty lady!

singledad53's photo
Mon 02/11/08 05:02 PM
yep got me but that is a nice smile!! Cut looks nice too!! happy
flowerforyou

singledad53's photo
Thu 02/07/08 10:04 AM
Be careful about trying to reformat and install XP as I am pretty sure you have SATA drives and you would lose the SATA drivers so the install would not work. Plus all of the device drivers are Vista and will not work with XP so you would have to attempt to find all of the components on the computers XP drivers and install them also. Not sure about the beep code you are getting but does it have USB mouse and keyboard?

singledad53's photo
Wed 02/06/08 03:21 PM
I agree with Zewi, newegg has the best prices I have seen so far and I compare several sites. Also as has been stated just make sure that your motherboard supports all that you want to put into the computer. The motherboard will tell you what socket processor you can use and what type of memory you can use. One suggestion is make sure you get plenty of memory. Most pre-built systems have the minimum amount of memory in them. For a good gaming computer I would not go less than 2 GB of memory. Memory for DDR2 which is what most new motherboards are supporting is only about $20.00 or so a GB never hurts to have as much memory as your motherboard will take.

singledad53's photo
Sat 02/02/08 12:42 AM
Just put together a new one custom built with an Asus MB, AMD 64x2 Dual Core 5200+, 4 GB of RAM DDR2 800 and a Western Digital 160 GB HD. The only way to go.....cost just over 560 and that included XP Pro.

singledad53's photo
Sat 02/02/08 12:37 AM
I purchased File Scavenger from a company called Que Tek it worked great. I would recommend it.

singledad53's photo
Sat 02/02/08 12:33 AM
depends on what you are running.......a good computer with XP can be less money to add ram then to upgrade. You can run the Vista advisor to see if what you have will run Vista.

singledad53's photo
Sun 01/27/08 08:44 PM
here..........and alone! LOL

singledad53's photo
Sun 01/27/08 08:37 PM
Where are the ladies from the Pacific Northwest? Any ladies out there from Portland/Vancouver area?

singledad53's photo
Sun 01/27/08 08:19 PM
Did for years......not so much anymore. Still wonder "what if" but life happens for a reason and you just make the best of it!

singledad53's photo
Sun 01/27/08 08:17 PM
hey eagles...great smile Sharon31216!!

singledad53's photo
Sun 01/27/08 08:08 PM
Sounds to me like you have a virus or spyware telling you that. Did you click on something that told you to download? Most of those that come as popups are the virus themselves. Try Spybot which you can download for free and see what it finds.

singledad53's photo
Sun 01/27/08 08:03 PM
Better to save them to something external. A good jump drive or an external hard drive. At newegg you can get a 500GB "My Book" for $140.00 or less. That will take a lot of pictures. Just remember that all storage whether jump drive, hard drive or CD/DVD will fail someday so if you have it in more than one place you will be good!

singledad53's photo
Fri 01/25/08 09:22 PM
You have to delete all of the HP files before you can reload any of the printers software or you just keep adding to the mess. If you go into Control Panel and Add of Remove Programs and delete all of the HP programs then reload. The other thing you can do after you get the printer working is copy all of the files to a file on the root of your system hard drive(usually the C;/ drive. Then is your printer hiccups the files are there and it will reinstall what it needs.

singledad53's photo
Fri 01/25/08 09:09 PM
AMD is the way to go and if you are replacing a motherboard then also get a new processor. all of the other components should work fine just make sure if your drives are IDE that you find a motherboard that supports all the IDE devices you have. A lot of the newer MOBO are SATA with only one IDE channel so the max is two IDE devices.

singledad53's photo
Fri 01/25/08 08:49 PM
I'm here, too cold to be out!!! And no one here to snuggle with either! sad

Previous 1