Community > Posts By > hikerchick

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 09:27 PM

Just don't like women.

I never noticed until I joined this site.

If they don't feel like being "nice" - they blame it on women.
If they don't feel like being chivalrous - they say that women killed chivalry.
The are insecure- so they complain about independent women.

Some of the things I see guys writing about women just implies, to me, a deep-seated dislike of the entire gender.

So to you guys who are writing that stuff, know that women are noticing. I can't speak for other women, but I would never date a guy who does not like women.

wait now,look how many women post topics about hating men.rant
Yes you are right. But that is another thread. I never said that there weren't some women with the same problem.

I am talking about men who don't like women and how women who read what they write are not going to want to date them. I thought they should be aware.

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 09:26 PM

I like to slather on tubs of butter, and get chased by rabid pit-bulls.. That count?
No, hon, he said UNUSUAL hobbies. Pay attention.

My bad. Then how about my hobby of collecting roadkill hats?
laugh you slay me, Sully.

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 09:25 PM
I'm screwed.laugh
Yeah, me too!

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 09:23 PM

I swear a lot more in real life...

Word. Swears are best expressed with the right inflection. Like the senator in The Wire.
'zackly!!!!!

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 09:21 PM

I like to slather on tubs of butter, and get chased by rabid pit-bulls.. That count?
No, hon, he said UNUSUAL hobbies. Pay attention.

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 09:20 PM

It's hard to find people who are willing to respect the opposite sex as an equal.
yes, that is very true but people like that do exist. You just have to keep looking for them. You can tell a lot about a person's views by reading their posts..that is why I was kinda trying to give guys the heads up..when they post bitter vitriolic rants against women here, we are reading them. I know the same goes for women; I have seen many women say some terribly unflattering things about men.

I like people who make their judgements on others one person at a time.

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 09:14 PM
I raised pygmy goats

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 09:13 PM
I think this one is a no-brainer, hon.

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 09:02 PM
I swear a lot more in real life...

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 08:52 PM

When faced with a decision, what do you do?

Make an immediate choice, based on your gut feeling?

Weigh your options and choose which seems more reasonable/practical?

And...how do you feel about your decisions after you've made them?
I ask you what I should do.

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 08:50 PM

I don't know, actually...i can't decide lol...

Seriously, time permitted, i will think it to death and beyond...

spur of the moment...i will go with my instinct.

interesting topic, we need more of these. :smile:
We need more good topics, period!

Thank you Miss Montana!

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 08:48 PM
He is clearly insane.

Ignore him.

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 08:45 PM
That's what all my friends say, too. I am an assertive woman. Independent, liberated, feminist, and fully embracing the positive qualities of my female sexuality and gender. I tend to think like a man when it comes to dating and living my life. At the same time, that's why I enjoy giving up control to my partner in the bedroom and anywhere else I see fit. It takes a very special, calm, self-confident, and disciplined male to win my heart and mind as a partner.

I also think of both sides, what men and what women need....

Hope that answers your question.
I don't see "giving up control" as a feminist action. I see that as an action of a woman who wants only to please men.

But that is another thread altogether.

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 08:39 PM
Not going to Yale when they sent me a letter inviting me to apply.

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 10:00 AM
Who are you?

almost the same; except my degree is in accounting and my expertise is in international tax; I am not bi-sexual, and I don't have a partner.

Other than that, it's a mutual match.

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 09:57 AM

Gee, from the other side of the coin, I also wonder how many women just don't like men; or are so bitter from past hurts/harm done to them by men that it embitters them towards most of the male species.

For example, when some women act like b!tches (when many men love anyway) and do not feel like being nice, they blame it on men.

If they do not feel like being lady-like, they blame it on "women's liberation"/"feminism" and the need to appear and act masculine in order to achieve the same things in life men have. They want to compete with men on men's terms, when women are unique in and of themselves.

They are afraid of leaning on, depending on, becoming emotionally and even a tad physically vulnerable with a man, for fear of being labeled "a doormat", "weak", "unliberated", "old-fashioned", overly dependent/co-dependent, or a "victim".

I'm happy, content, fulfilled, and proud to be an "old-fashioned girl", despite being a man-loving feminist.

Some of the things I see gals writing about men just implies, to me, a deep-seated dislike of the entire gender.

So to you gals who are writing that stuff, know that men and bi women are noticing. I can't speak for them or for other bi women, but I would never date a gal who does not like men.

are you a male using a female avatar? Just curious.

That's funny. No. I am a college educated, bisexual 3rd wave feminist female with a professional degree. An expert in human behavior; someone who has had both extensive experience as both a married and a single woman in today's day and age. Someone who has provided cpunseling and psychotherapy to men, women, couples, and children and who has a fond interest in other cultures, nature, science, and the arts. A woman at the peak of her life who owns her own home, car, and is raising her child on her own. A sensual female with a partner she loves and who loves her, in addition to friends of the most loyal variety. That is who I am.

Who are you?
I only asked because most of your replies usually sound like the male point of view.

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 09:55 AM

((((hiker)))) flowerforyou
(((Wiley))))))

You like women, Wiley - I can tell.

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 09:50 AM
What surprises me is how many of you felt that I was angry at men; or trying to start a fight of some kind. I merely made an observation based on my perusal of numerous posts here. I also never said that this applies only to men, and that there aren't women who are that way as well. I just don't pay as much attention to the women's posts in that vein, since I don't intend to date women. This thread was about my noticing how many men don't like women. That is all.

I never said "all men" or "most men". I merely noted that there were more than I had imagined; and thought they could benefit from knowing that potential dates are reading what they are saying.

After reading some of the replies, I think people may have misunderstood my original post.

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 09:38 AM

Gee, from the other side of the coin, I also wonder how many women just don't like men; or are so bitter from past hurts/harm done to them by men that it embitters them towards most of the male species.

For example, when some women act like b!tches (when many men love anyway) and do not feel like being nice, they blame it on men.

If they do not feel like being lady-like, they blame it on "women's liberation"/"feminism" and the need to appear and act masculine in order to achieve the same things in life men have. They want to compete with men on men's terms, when women are unique in and of themselves.

They are afraid of leaning on, depending on, becoming emotionally and even a tad physically vulnerable with a man, for fear of being labeled "a doormat", "weak", "unliberated", "old-fashioned", overly dependent/co-dependent, or a "victim".

I'm happy, content, fulfilled, and proud to be an "old-fashioned girl", despite being a man-loving feminist.

Some of the things I see gals writing about men just implies, to me, a deep-seated dislike of the entire gender.

So to you gals who are writing that stuff, know that men and bi women are noticing. I can't speak for them or for other bi women, but I would never date a gal who does not like men.

are you a male using a female avatar? Just curious.

hikerchick's photo
Fri 06/27/08 09:37 AM

Yes, but that is not what this thread is about. I never said that there were not women with the same problem.

this thread is about men who don't like women. Please feel free to start your own thread on your own topic.flowerforyou

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25