Community > Posts By > LyricalCHILD

LyricalCHILD's photo
Mon 09/24/12 12:21 AM

Well it would be great if I invented this guy and I could patent it but I cannot. Its what we are called to do. So if you want a man like that, find a man who seeks the kingdom more than he is seeking you. He cannot put you and the kingdom first at the same time. And if he starts to put you first, he is now worshiping you. I know that may feel good but its not really what you want. I think you know what I am saying.

:banana: I do

LyricalCHILD's photo
Sun 08/26/12 09:02 AM

Well I for one wouldn't feel comfortable reading about Jesus snogging with a gal. (That is British for kissing) But I will never forget my first kiss in 7th grade with Lisa *&&*%. It was a wow moment. And we did it more than once. I don't look back at it with shame or guilt as doing something wrong like other things that I chose wrong about later in life. But I was not brought up in a culture that taught kissing as fornication.

But now being newly single, I don't see that I would rush into kissing again. But that's because i am at a place in my faith where pleasing my Father and having him pleased with me is so much more important than any pleasure that can be found here. Even the good ones. When the good Lord chooses to bring a lady back into my life, soooo many other issues are going to be enjoyed and shared way before a kiss. But lets be real. The intimacy starts in the heart way before a touch of the hand. And even that first holding of hands can be magic.

If your truly putting the Kingdom first and in doing so, seeking to please our Father in our relationships, than we need to start this conversation way before a kiss.

Wow, I want a man like that =)

LyricalCHILD's photo
Fri 08/17/12 10:44 AM

Please cite a Bible verse that forbids kissing before marriage.

The bible does not forbid kissing but it also does not speak about dating which goes hand in hand with kissing. A man found a wife, not a girlfriend. For those who are in favor of kissing, where do the hands go whilst in the moment of tongue-wrestling? Come on, be honest =)

LyricalCHILD's photo
Mon 05/14/12 07:27 AM

I'm neither lol. I'm just a good ole redneck that likes to discuss things about God.

One fights the desire of a sinful action by their will and through the help of God. One makes their will one with God, God will help you acheive it. Through God all things are possible.

If one keeps their eyes on God, they have no time to put their attention else where.

well said...especially the redneck part, lol. Joking...when someone calls another a "redneck" is that not usually offensive?

LyricalCHILD's photo
Mon 05/14/12 06:18 AM

Being attracted to the same sex and actually doing the physical action of "homosexuality" are two totally different things.

Is sin therefor only a sin when it is acted upon?

Matthew 5:28
28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

To answer your question, no. Your actions are fueled by your desires. Your desires/wishes is where the sin(s) lay.

So therefore someone couldn't "accidently" sin against God. For they chose to do the action that was sinful. They didn't "accidently" do it.

Are you a theologian? or a pastor in training? so how does one fight a thought from becoming a desire which will only manifest itself in the end?

LyricalCHILD's photo
Mon 05/14/12 05:58 AM

Being attracted to the same sex and actually doing the physical action of "homosexuality" are two totally different things.

Is sin therefor only a sin when it is acted upon?

LyricalCHILD's photo
Mon 05/14/12 05:38 AM

Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
-------------

This is speaking specifically of a male homosexuality. But what is good for the goose is good for the gander. I do believe this is probably the best verse against "homosexuality" in more of an explicit detail then "sexual immorality".
=========================

Point taken and I am not trying to justify the sin. A guy that lives in my neighbourhood is gay and does the whole dressing like a female thing. It was revealed that when he was 7years old he was gang-raped by men and never told anyone about it. The only reason I know is because the person who spoke about it was also there when it took place but he ran away. They were terrified and told nobody about it and his family doesn't even know so he had to deal with all that trauma alone. Can you imagine what must have gone through his mind at the time? Why would men be attracted to a 7year old boy if there was nothing wrong with him? Those are the kind of questions he must still be asking himself today. Not everyone that is gay chooses to be gay, deception of their identity crept in along the way.

LyricalCHILD's photo
Mon 05/14/12 05:24 AM

If the love and compassion is there it matters none if either one can not have a child.

Aaaaah man, this guy is too sweet! Now this is the kind of attitude we are looking for, lol.

But seriasly, if you cannot be with someone merely because they cannot give you a child, how will you handle other matters like if your other half (God-forbid) lose their sight or become paralized? If your intentions are pure, it matters not what lies on the road ahead because you got married for the right reasons.

LyricalCHILD's photo
Mon 05/14/12 05:16 AM

It is now a common practise for young men to get their fiancee pregnant before marriage. They always want to make sure the girl is fertile so as not to have heartaches after marriage. Nobody enjoys a divorce really.

hahahahaaaa! This is funny, lol. Somewhere in the bible, lol, the word of God says that "the righteous shall live by faith" so I do not care if the doctor tells me that my womb is dried up and I will never have kids, blah blah blah. We serve the living God, Jesus Christ who conquered death lives in us! Is anything too hard for God who created the universe out of nothing but words?! Surely He can give you a child, just like He gave Sarah and Abraham in their old age. So I wish someone would try that line with me so I can laugh in their face and ask them "are you for real?!"

LyricalCHILD's photo
Mon 05/14/12 05:04 AM

Im 37year-old man looking for decent lady that fear God to marry.

Not to sound insensative but you are looking in the wrong place. Wait on the Lord! I've learnt that just because someone is God-fearing, they are meant to be with you. You can both be Christians and still be unequally yoked...

LyricalCHILD's photo
Mon 05/14/12 04:58 AM

You're ok.

Glad to have you with us LyricalCHILD!

Welcome to Mingle2 Christian Singles!

flowerforyou

Thank you for making me feel so welcome! God bless! *hugs*

*hugs* thank you so much for making me feel so welcome, are you an angel? =D

Another point:

It's just as women we are taught alot of incorrect principles whilst growing up, I remember singing "can you pay my bills by Destiny's Child" when I was younger and actually believed that that's the way it should be in a relationship. If the poor guy cannot take care of you financially, buy you a car, give you money to get your nails and hair done, etc. he is not even worth your time. But the flip side of the same coin is that women have become too independent now. We act like we do not need men around except for "reproductional purposes" or physical needs.

The body of Christ need to stop thinking as the world does when it comes to a relationship, because even in church we still chase status....or is it just me?

LyricalCHILD's photo
Mon 05/14/12 04:43 AM

I know its a sensitive issue to discuss, but does it really have a place in christendom. I believe it was nne of the reasons why the Lord destroyed the Kingdoms of Sodom and Gomorrah..

Ever heard of the saying "love the sinner but hate the sin?" I think that is how it should be. When a homosexual walks into the church we should not cast them out or start rebuking satan, they have come for healing. If we as "Christians" portray Jesus Christ well enough as to how we treat the next person, change is bound to take place. And alot of time people carry scars in their souls engraved in their childhood so for me we should address the child in a person before we want to address the person we see today. The tree only bears the fruits of the seeds that were sown...

LyricalCHILD's photo
Wed 05/09/12 12:54 AM
The Lord cares for me so much that me called me his greatest creation! #whoop-whoop. The birds of the sky and the flowers of the field have so much faith in God to take care of them and dress them, but sad to say we don't. Yes Jesus cares for us but do we care for him?

LyricalCHILD's photo
Wed 05/02/12 02:26 PM

You're ok.

Glad to have you with us LyricalCHILD!

Welcome to Mingle2 Christian Singles!

flowerforyou

Thank you for making me feel so welcome! God bless! *hugs*

LyricalCHILD's photo
Wed 05/02/12 02:19 PM

I have been a christian, devoted 100% for 20 years. Now I cant stand 99% of Christians. The religiousness and pretentiousness and deceit repels me. I refuse to have my child and myself near them. Yet I adore God? Anyone been there? Or am i the only one?

You are not alone...I sometimes find myself being ashamed to admit that I am Christians due to the fact how others and myself at times behave. I think we have lost the plot on what being a Christian really is...which is to be Christ-like...to love, forgive and live like Him. We tend to be to religious at times and cage people in. "Don't do this, don't do that" when our biggests sins are hidden within. I sometimes envy the prostitute who stands on the street corner because she has already received her judgement..."For with whatever judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with whatever measure you measure, it will be measured to you." #Mat 7:2

If you judge the prostitute you might aswell have been standing on that street corner yourself...

LyricalCHILD's photo
Thu 04/26/12 07:57 AM
hahaha, meant to say "it's tough and not touch." Please do not think I'll illiterate, I'm just special :)

LyricalCHILD's photo
Wed 04/25/12 01:48 PM
@CheriseRose: if I was your teacher I would have given you full marks for effort, love the illustrations :)

With regards to the topic at hand...it's touch because some ladies have mastered the art of "flirting" or giving the poor guy all the right signals to let him know that you're interested as whereas some of us do not know how to do all that. If a guy asks me out it simply means that he knows what he wants and will do what it takes to get it and even if it means him writing a heartfelt letter if he can't speak or breathe around me. This is a touch one...

LyricalCHILD's photo
Sun 04/22/12 01:36 AM
Hold on, wait a minute! :smile: What is your idea of "the first step?" I would just like to get my facts straight before I reply again.

LyricalCHILD's photo
Sun 04/22/12 12:20 AM
Being a Christian & trying to date is Hard! I do agree that you must pray & ask Christ for these things because I do believe in "soulmates" as the world would call it. I do believe that just as Eve was fashioned for Adam, I've been designed by God to be someone's help mate, since the foundation of the earth. We have become shallow along the way because looks & material status plays a big role on how we base our choices. Men just do not know how attractive you are when your heart is after God because it tells me as a woman you will treat me right. Before looking for a partner, let God heal you from your past first, let Him heal any brokenness that still resides in you & only than will you be able to ask God for a partner. Only then will you be the best partner to your partner. Seek God first :)

LyricalCHILD's photo
Sat 04/21/12 11:41 PM
I still believe in a man being "the hunter" when it comes to such things. If he cannot take the initiative to ask me out, how will he take the initiative around our household and the role of a man?