Community > Posts By > sheaintyou2012

sheaintyou2012's photo
Sat 05/19/12 05:11 AM
Hey, glad u did ;) Welcome to the forum!

sheaintyou2012's photo
Sat 05/19/12 04:59 AM

I have to agree here OP. I went in speculative, but came out a believer! THIS FILM WAS SO SO GOOD!!! I really truly enjoyed it. :heart:

You star! You got it ;) lol

sheaintyou2012's photo
Thu 05/17/12 11:30 PM

That would be the yellow brick road right?

Whatever road you want.

sheaintyou2012's photo
Thu 05/17/12 11:28 PM

Hi sheaintyou. Sounds like a good story behind that name? But I wont ask lol.flowerforyou Welcome to mingle.

lol To be honest I couldn't think of a profile name, so I just went with the Chris Brown song of the same name lol No real story to tell ;P

Nice to meet u and thanks for welcome ;)

sheaintyou2012's photo
Thu 05/17/12 11:26 PM

What I am saying is that in public we have the right to avoid contentious. creepy, arrogant, overly curious, rah de rah people. Here on mingle we also have the right to speak/post or not to speak/post:thumbsup:

yep!

I don't think mingle means hunting season.

Damn straight! lol

sheaintyou2012's photo
Thu 05/17/12 05:27 AM
When it comes to games or pretending to be someone else all I gotta say is "I'm too old for this ****" lol

I am who I say I am 'cause I learnt a long time ago that you can't pretend to be someone else. In my teens I always wanted to change my image and personality for the statuesque to try to impress people who didn't even like me anyway. Then I grew up and realised that I ain't gonna change or conform for nobody. Like me for who I am or hit the road ;)

sheaintyou2012's photo
Thu 05/17/12 05:16 AM
Edited by sheaintyou2012 on Thu 05/17/12 05:19 AM

In my personal life when a person begins questioning me, I feel they have no right to get so intense and be so personal. I will end a conversation I find intrusive with no hesitation. If they do not understand why,I just think they have poor social skills.

I pretty much feel the same way actually. Especially if the said subject is none of the persons business i.e. something I feel is deeply personal / private to me. I hate 20 questions in real life. Especially if it's not light-hearted or/ based on just generalised topics. Interrogation is not cool people ;)

You don't back me in a corner and make me feel confronted 'cause then I unless some HULK on you lol

sheaintyou2012's photo
Thu 05/17/12 05:05 AM
>How do you prefer to use these forums?

Just joined, friendly enough, but not that much mingling going on so to speak.

>Do you participate in all different forums, or just specific ones?

Specific mostly. If it's a private 1 on 1 conversation or a real life social situation then it's entirely different. But here, I do pick and choose.

>Do you just chat with friends, or do you try to get to know new people?

Don't know any friends on here...yet. Always looking to meet new people. Variety is the spice of life.

>Do you prefer to participate in discussions that go back and forth quite a bit and can be more serious, or do you like light hearted threads better?

I like certain thread posts to go on longer than they do. Life throws all kinds of curve balls at you, so unless I'm talking to someone I've known for a long time and know really well I prefer just to stick with the light hearted stuff. While I'm on the subject sex talk doesn't interest me in the slightest.

>Do you try to understand what people are saying, or take what they say without question?

Depends on the person. But surely understanding is part of being human.

sheaintyou2012's photo
Tue 05/15/12 10:22 PM

Rare/obcure movies, VHS/laser discs
Comics
Some horror memorabilia.

I used to collect rare vhs movies - sold a bunch for big money too!

Who's your favourite horror film character?

It's amazing some of the prices some VHS are sold for. Now I mainly collect the ones that aren't on DVD yet.

Hm... Virginia from Spider Baby, or the Tall Man from Phantasm.

Cool. Yeah those are definitely worth a lot more money. Freddy / Leatherface are my favs.

sheaintyou2012's photo
Tue 05/15/12 10:19 PM
Edited by sheaintyou2012 on Tue 05/15/12 10:20 PM

Comics
Some horror memorabilia.

It's amazing some of the prices some VHS are sold for. Now I mainly collect the ones that aren't on DVD yet.

Hm... Virginia from Spider Baby, or the Tall Man from Phantasm.
Well i am curious what VHS Movies that are worth money? i got a big box from years ago i bought in a garage sale before even dvd came out:):thumbsup:

If it's rare horror titles, exploitation-themed stuff, sexploitation-themed stuff or screwball comedy than anything from $5-300 a title. Just depends if it's out on DVD and how old / obscure the actual film is! Most I've sold a video for here in Oz is for around $80 and I thought that was pretty good for something I paid $2 for in an ex-rental video sale lol ;)

sheaintyou2012's photo
Tue 05/15/12 10:16 PM

Jurassic Park III, Batman and Robin, Superman Returns

Yay! Another Schumacher Batman hater!drinker

Hate is a very strong word, but I do 9/10 times "dislike" the style, feel, look and pace of anything made by Schumacher or Bruckheimer...

sheaintyou2012's photo
Tue 05/15/12 10:12 PM
Totally, but thankfully no fluffs in the movie! I heard that they only did one take of everything in the original series. Imagine if TV and film was like that today!?

sheaintyou2012's photo
Tue 05/15/12 04:58 AM
Fair enough. I mean it's not the best movie of 2012, but it's pretty good for what it is. Well worth watching at least once. Have seen clips of the 60's soap and this seems pretty darn faithful for something made nearly 50yrs later, but yea diehard fans can be harsh to say the least!

sheaintyou2012's photo
Tue 05/15/12 03:53 AM
Rebel without a Cause
Carlito's Way
Alien
A Fist Full of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
3:10 to Yuma
The Avengers
Enter the Dragon
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
Night Of The Living Dead (original)
Ghostbusters
What About Bob?
Psycho (original)
Psycho 2
Money Ball
Boogie Nights
Training Day
Predator
Rabid
Blow
Ed Wood
No Country For Old Men
Men In Black (fist one, haven't seen 3 as it's not out yet)
Shutter Island
Machete
Pulp Fiction
Dark Shadows (yes, the new one)
Zodiac
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Back to the Future
Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Star Trek 2009
The Thing '82
Star Wars: A New Hope
Happy Gilmore

And I'm sure there are lots more, but these are the ones that spring to mind.

sheaintyou2012's photo
Tue 05/15/12 01:12 AM
Afro Samurai

sheaintyou2012's photo
Tue 05/15/12 12:23 AM
Just came back from the cinema. You know It's funny that so many people have been bagging and running this film down over the past few weeks, yet IMHO I actually liked it. I really did.

They honestly must of been watching a different movie to the one I was seeing or/ perhaps they are the kind of critics / movie fans who vote 5 stars for crude so-called comedy movies about would-be-brides burping and farting or teen males pissing in beer bottles?

I thought Dark Shadows was quirky, funny and everything you come to expect from a Depp / Burton team-up. Good performances all round and thankfully not quite as dark, as some of Burton's previous efforts.

The music and soundtrack score was also very enjoyable.

Pleasantly surprised.

sheaintyou2012's photo
Mon 05/14/12 07:05 PM

i got some old records 78s in a book like album Roy Rogers ,Bing Crosby ,Frank Sinatra,Patsy Cline,and tons more name i got around like 6-9 albums full of tons of records 78s, i also got around 4-5 boxes of records i had from years ago, i have 8-track tape of Elvis not even openm,Princess Diana stamps other old stamps too, i got old mags of Elvis, an old batman motorcycle ,some 1800 to 1900 coins ,i got old cards rookie cards too Hockey and basketball, few different good ones ,i got couple old desks with wooden rollers on them, couple art painting prints numbered , A 999 silver coin old 1, few dollar paper money lollllll and so on a baseball signed by the hole team MLB,a old china doll , onyx board hold pen and pencil old and heavy,old programs to sport games and old tickets from sports games too,and so on :thumbsup:

U can never go wrong with records! :) I have a few Sinatra 78s somewhere...don't ask me where lol

The Elvis 8-tracks probably pretty valuable dude.

sheaintyou2012's photo
Mon 05/14/12 07:04 PM

Comics
Some horror memorabilia.

sheaintyou2012's photo
Mon 05/14/12 01:42 AM
Edited by sheaintyou2012 on Mon 05/14/12 01:54 AM
Oh and I forget to mention I also occasionally collect old hardcover TV annuals from the 50s-80s, old TV tin lunch boxes and TV trays ;) An that's everything!

sheaintyou2012's photo
Sat 05/12/12 10:55 PM
Cool - you can never go wrong with books ;)

Queene123 - WOW that's a whole lotta snowglobes!

I have a native american Indian bust that sits on a bookcase in my lounge room. A really striking piece. Found it in a charity store!!!

I collect:
- Movie / TV wardrobe and prop pieces
- Mego figures and Mego clone / knock off brands.
- Living Dead Dolls presents franchise / horror movie release dolls
- Vinyl Records (mostly funk, soul, blues, hip-hop and 50s rock'n roll)

And anything unusual / one of a kind that takes my eye ;)

Previous 1