CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Mon 03/03/08 05:22 AM

I know you want children of your own but there are children in this world who need a loving family of their own. Would you ever consider adopting? Nothing gives you great satisfaction knowing you gave a child a loving home flowerforyou

I couldn't agree more. Speaking from being an adopted child, I am ever so greatful to my parents for adopting me and giving me a wonderful life. My daughter has told me she has no intention of ever having a baby - she plans on adopting.

Being a mother doesn't come from whether you can concieve, carry and give birth to a baby - there are plenty of women who do that...Being a mother comes from the heart...

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Mon 03/03/08 05:02 AM

you can waste your life doing a lot worse things than playing a game that you enjoy.
moderation is the key... just because you happen to enjoy gaming doesn't mean you will waste your life on it.

You are so right. I play wow, maybe 3 times a week for a couple of hours. I have played EQ and WoW, with both my children. It was a great winter activity to do with them when it was too cold to do anything. Besides the game itself is fun...and sometimes the people are fun. BUT what imo is the best is PvP, especially when you have had a rough day at worklaugh

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Wed 02/27/08 09:36 PM

How about being a good parent to your child and teaching them morals and responsibilities? I know thats a curse word for you liberals. Blame everything on Bush. So typical to always blame someone else for your behavior.

I have two points to make:

1. Why is it always necessary to slam people that are liberals? Because a few speak up with their view points does not mean that all think the same way(no I am not an out and out liberal - I am middle of the road). I get tired of people not discussing the issues and just promptly turning it in to and us vs. them. The issue plan and simple - are policies affecting teen pregnancy?

. 2. I have been teaching high school now for 15 years - through the Clinton and the Bush presidencies - and as a matter of fact presidential policies do affect what happens in schools(lets not forget NCLB and its wonderful affects/effects on schools) and in homes. Someone already mentioned something about what was being taught in the schools and it went from examining all aspects of birth control to abstinence. Does it work? No preaching abstinence does not work for all and never really has - lots of babies born out of wedlock or before a couple had been married 9 months (historically speaking).
The issue of parents teaching morals - I don't think that morals overrides horomones for all teens. Some counties in the Bible Belt states have reported in with a 40 out of a 1000 birth rate among teens while the national average was 22 out of a 1000(I believe these statistics were from 2003 or 2004, which is the most current I have). How about responsibility? Most teens have that part down - after they get pregnant they have the child and drop out to be responsible.
Blaming a specific person makes no sense - blame the policies the man endorses and those that can't see the whole picture as well. All my years teaching have been spent in impoverished areas - reservation to inner city students, and I have seen the change in the birth rate go up among teens drastically in the last 7 years. With a lot of teens they don’t see education as a means to get out of the poverty cycle, they don’t think they can achieve anything more than a minimum wage job, so why bother – start the family early, quit school and move on with life. The cycle perpetuates itself.
What needs to be truly discussed is not that Bush made this happen, but rather how if this trend continues it will affect you, because it does. These kids get pregnant, drop out and become welfare moms….which comes out of your pocket, whether you are a conservative or a liberal.

Your post makes sense, but, I can turn it around and say why do people always have to slam conservatives? The door goes both ways, in and out.

But, as my former boss, who is a self described true blue sweat blood to the bitter end democrat said "I am sick of this 'if it feels good do it attitude.'"

Lindyy
:heart: :heart:

I agree, you are right it goes both way. I would just like some discussion of the issues and ways to solve it.

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Wed 02/27/08 04:20 PM

How about being a good parent to your child and teaching them morals and responsibilities? I know thats a curse word for you liberals. Blame everything on Bush. So typical to always blame someone else for your behavior.

1. Why is it always necessary to slam people that are liberals? Because a few speak up with their view points does not mean that all think the same way(no I am not an out and out liberal - I am middle of the road). I get tired of people not discussing the issues and just promptly turning it in to and us vs. them. The issue plan and simple - are policies affecting teen pregnancy?

. 2. I have been teaching high school now for 15 years - through the Clinton and the Bush presidencies - and as a matter of fact presidential policies do affect what happens in schools(lets not forget NCLB and its wonderful affects/effects on schools) and in homes. Someone already mentioned something about what was being taught in the schools and it went from examining all aspects of birth control to abstinence. Does it work? No preaching abstinence does not work for all and never really has - lots of babies born out of wedlock or before a couple had been married 9 months (historically speaking).
The issue of parents teaching morals - I don't think that morals overrides horomones for all teens. Some counties in the Bible Belt states have reported in with a 40 out of a 1000 birth rate among teens while the national average was 22 out of a 1000(I believe these statistics were from 2003 or 2004, which is the most current I have). How about responsibility? Most teens have that part down - after they get pregnant they have the child and drop out to be responsible.
Blaming a specific person makes no sense - blame the policies the man endorses and those that can't see the whole picture as well. All my years teaching have been spent in impoverished areas - reservation to inner city students, and I have seen the change in the birth rate go up among teens drastically in the last 7 years. With a lot of teens they don’t see education as a means to get out of the poverty cycle, they don’t think they can achieve anything more than a minimum wage job, so why bother – start the family early, quit school and move on with life. The cycle perpetuates itself.
What needs to be truly discussed is not that Bush made this happen, but rather how if this trend continues it will affect you, because it does. These kids get pregnant, drop out and become welfare moms….which comes out of your pocket, whether you are a conservative or a liberal.

It is not the governments job to raise your child. Can't raise them or support them. Don't have them. It's kinda simple. I didn't sleep with you so why am I responsible for your child. RAISE YOUR OWN KID AND STAY OUT OF MY WALLET!

Excuse me, but why are you yelling at me and telling me to raise my own kid and stay out of your wallet? I assure you I have raised and supported my children...so why are you yelling at me?

Marine1488 do you work? Do you own a house? You are paying for this whether you like it or not. If you simply think by telling everyone it isn't your responsibility the cycle will go away, you are dead wrong. I happen to agree with you on not using my money to support this, but I KNOW that it will take educating these kids before the cycle will stop.

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:40 AM
I would guess that she was making a compliment - maybe she is turned on by Lex Luther.

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:30 AM
Edited by CuriousinPhoenix on Wed 02/27/08 05:32 AM

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Sun 02/24/08 06:05 AM
I don't remember this particular song, but I do remember their song "Our House."

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Sat 02/16/08 07:06 AM
Maybe it is just me, but I hear how hard you are working to keep him happy and make sure everything is ok for him...but what in the heck is he doing to smooth things for you - uh from what you have said - NOTHING.

Relationships are 2 way streets, and yours sound like it is one way...

Unfortunately for now...if you keep this BF his friends come with him...and you can't expect him to deal with your friends, if you won't deal with his...

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Sat 02/16/08 06:55 AM
Go, be yourself, answer their questions honestly and don't try to predict what will happen. These folks may be in their 30's but they haven't yet forgotten what it was like to be 19. and soon enough age will become a relative thing. I can remember having to go hang out with my ex's friends when I was in my early 20's - nothing in common, they bored me to tears and the small talk drove me crazy, but I did it because they were his friends...eventually new friends in common developed and we spent more time with them...

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Sat 02/16/08 06:46 AM
Keep encouraging them while they are applying. Getting a job at a young age is not what it was like when I started working. My 20 year old son has found it difficult getting jobs because of his age. Now mind you he dropped out of high school at 15, got his ged and went right to college. By 18 he had his degree and certification to work water treatment - and applied like crazy for jobs - only to never hear one word back - not even a thank you for applying. When young adults are treated as such, they end up losing their confidence - hence the no one will hire me feelings.

I have told my two kids that they are welcome to stay in my house as long as it takes to get on their feet...BUT they must be actively involved in helping me take care things around the house - ie my son cooks on nights I have to work late, mows the lawn, does dishes, vacuums and so on(He will make a great husband someday - at least I keep telling him that).

My only advice is - keep reassuring him that SOMEONE will hire him, it just might take more effort to find that someone. While you don't have a job, you need to contribute to where you are living in some manner - ie chores. It is hard - I think most have written off this generation and for those who do want to work they feel that....

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Wed 02/13/08 09:15 PM
House and Criminal Minds

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Sun 02/10/08 07:33 PM

How about the VW Thing? Never could understand why anyone would want one of them...

because they're awesome and you can pull the doors and top off and fold the windshield down...

How about the Edsel, the biggest automotive flop in history?

But you could do that with Jeeps and Land Cruisers...so I still don't know why someone would drive one...but that is me....

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Sun 02/10/08 07:30 PM

Fact: I had to run a quick errand just now. The outside temperature was 6 degrees (Farenheit, in case our Canadian friends are reading).
Fact 2: I stopped at the local Wendy's and picked up a large Chocolate Frosty.

Makes all the sense in the world, it doesn't melt...I hate buying ice cream during the summer, especially when it hits 115, it becomes hot chocolate.

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Sun 02/10/08 07:28 PM
How about the VW Thing? Never could understand why anyone would want one of them...

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Sat 02/09/08 08:14 PM

At this point it wouldn't make a difference, I KNOW I'm not though. But, if I was, the parents I have now, would still be my parents, my sisters would still be my sisters. My family now, would still be my family.

IF I was adopted, I would see if I had any other relatives to contact, besides the "parents" that abandoned me.

Oh Totage, don't think like that (the last part). There are alot of reasons why a parent would give up a child.

I couldn't agree more about the last part. My biological mother gave me up because she was young and at that time it was rare for a woman to raise a child as a single parent. I have always wanted to know if I had any siblings - as my parents never adopted any other children.

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Sat 02/09/08 07:40 PM

This is funny u should ask this, I was adopted at 9 months, but found out by accident, when i got older, i found out by looking under my parents bed, in a grey storage box, I talked to my adopted parents and they told me the whole reason why i was adopted.

I always knew that I was adopted. I couldn't imagine finding out by accident.

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Sat 02/09/08 07:37 PM
I am adopted -

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Sat 02/09/08 07:14 PM
My Dad ...because he was the person I most wanted to be like -

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Sat 02/09/08 07:09 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with having an age range for dating. Me I don't want to date anyone that is more than 15 or so years older than me - and I don't want to date someone in their 20's - too close to my kids ages. But I agree with you...I am more than happy to be friends with different folks of all ages....

CuriousinPhoenix's photo
Sat 02/09/08 07:00 PM
date

Previous 1