Community > Posts By > clltx

no photo
Sun 08/31/08 11:38 PM

In the Bible it says that if you repent/get saved/ accept jesus as your saviour (however you want to put it) you will be allowed into heaven

and say Jeffrey Dahmer or John Wayne Gayce on his death bed was saved/repented/ accepted Jesus as his saviour is he in heaven?

and on the flip side would his victims if not given the chance to be saved/repent/accepted jesus as their saviour are they in hell?

Just reminding everyone of Lily's question, since this is going wayyyy off..offtopic

no photo
Sun 08/31/08 09:17 PM

You are not refused entrance into heaven because of ignorance - but because of rebellion.

Ok, so lets say that in some third world country that is taken over by other countries on a daily basis and the basics are barely there (ie...food, water, shelter) and a rebel troup comes in and kills a whole tribe or town, do those children who have never been exposed to Christianity refused in heaven? It says in the Bible the ONLY way to heaven is acceptance right?

As I understand it, you are only given a place in heaven if you accept Jesus as your savior.... If I don't know about Jesus does that mean I am not allowed in heaven?

Okay..there is an exception, depending on the age of the children. If they have not reached the age of understanding, then they are not held accountable and do go to heaven. (I cannot remember the source at the moment--maybe someone else knows?)
My recollection is that children under the age of 7 years are received into heaven without acceptance of Jesus as their Savior.
Otherwise, Jesus is the only way.

Oh yeh right, that sounds fair..huh

NOT!

I'm sorry, I know you believe this stuff and take it seriously, but ..... please... think about it. Does it really make any sense at all?

Nope. nope nope nope.

frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated

Oh well what ever makes you feel good... and I can't see how it would... ohwell

I'm just trying to answer the OP's question the best that I can. I think she has good questions, questions that I completely understand. It is hard to grasp many religious concepts, no matter your beliefs. I'm not here trying to tell anybody what to believe or what is "correct", I'm just trying to inform. And what is wrong with learning from each other?

no photo
Sun 08/31/08 09:11 PM

You are not refused entrance into heaven because of ignorance - but because of rebellion.

Ok, so lets say that in some third world country that is taken over by other countries on a daily basis and the basics are barely there (ie...food, water, shelter) and a rebel troup comes in and kills a whole tribe or town, do those children who have never been exposed to Christianity refused in heaven? It says in the Bible the ONLY way to heaven is acceptance right?

As I understand it, you are only given a place in heaven if you accept Jesus as your savior.... If I don't know about Jesus does that mean I am not allowed in heaven?

Okay..there is an exception, depending on the age of the children. If they have not reached the age of understanding, then they are not held accountable and do go to heaven. (I cannot remember the source at the moment--maybe someone else knows?)
My recollection is that children under the age of 7 years are received into heaven without acceptance of Jesus as their Savior.

So a child that is 8 is SOL, or a child who is 14 with Downs syndrom is sent to hell due to their non worshiping of this God?

Again, simple answer is yes.
But don't think it's like being sent a note in grade school.."Do you like me? Check Yes or No".
God gives everyone chances to know Him. And those opportunities come in a variety of ways..from creation, someone sharing God with you, reading, all manners of understanding God. There are probably ways that I can't possibly imagine. So, even if you are young or challenged, He will find a way to reach you. Then you make the choice to believe or not.

no photo
Sun 08/31/08 08:58 PM

no photo
Sun 08/31/08 08:24 PM

I always wonder the same about men. So many men on here have no pictures.

no photo
Sun 08/31/08 02:24 PM

SO are their any guys here not just interested in sex?
Girls...am I being too prude?

I'm not a guy, so I won't speak for them. But, there do seem to be a few that are not interested in sex. In my case, they all live 200 miles away from me. Hmm, maybe that's why they are not interested in sex. Most of the locals...different story. And I'm tired of it. I just want to go on a date. How hard is it?

No, you are not being too prude. And if a guy doesn't like it, that is HIS problem. It is not yours. Don't let a guy tell you that it is.
You will find someone that appreciates you, I'm sure.:smile:

no photo
Sun 08/31/08 02:18 PM

In the Bible it says that if you repent/get saved/ accept jesus as your saviour (however you want to put it) you will be allowed into heaven

and say Jeffrey Dahmer or John Wayne Gayce on his death bed was saved/repented/ accepted Jesus as his saviour is he in heaven?

and on the flip side would his victims if not given the chance to be saved/repent/accepted jesus as their saviour are they in hell?

Yes, the only "requirement" for entering heaven is to accept Jesus as your Savior. And as long as there is true repentance on the person's part, it does not matter who they are or what they did previously.

I take issue with the "would his victims if not given the chance..." because everyone is given the chance. But if you do not accept Jesus, you do go to hell.

And while I sometimes enjoy all of the back and forth that I read in this forum, the above is all that matters, truly. Not trying to offend anyone that does not believe, please. Just that all the other falls away.

It boils down to this...Either you accept Jesus as your Savior and go to heaven or you refuse Him and go to hell.

so if the victim was say Jewish and was raised Jewish and did not know about Christianity and was say 16 and still under the guidance of their parents and not exposed to any other religious beliefs that victim would go to hell and the serial killer would go to heaven?

Whoa..the simple answer is yes.

But the problem is the idea that the victim does not know about Christianity. Perhaps he does not know about the religion, but it's hard to hide from God. People (myself included) question the idea that not everyone in the world knows about God/Jesus, i.e. people living in remote areas, with little or no exposure to civilization. (Also, I only have limited knowledge of Judaism, but I think Jesus is spoken of, in the sense that He is not the Messiah that Jews seek.)

The rebuttal to the above is the idea that God shows Himself to everyone, even through the creation around us. Now, is this the same as understanding that you (or I) need to accept Jesus as my Savior? No, but it's a steppingstone. And God invites everyone to have a relationship with Him/Jesus on an individual level. So, everyone gets a chance (but we really get numerous chances) to make that choice.

no photo
Sun 08/31/08 01:51 PM

People don't even seem to bother reading the status above a profile. "I am a man looking for woman for FRIENDSHIP" - This is not some clever trick designed to make me appear more desirable lol and yet I recieve more advances from women since I took myself off the market than I ever did before. WTF??! frustrated

Yeah, I understand, a little. Mine says "Looking for man for dating"...but "dating" seems to be code for "Send me pics of your member" or "Ask me to meet you at a hotel, PRONTO!"noway

no photo
Sun 08/31/08 01:36 PM

Yes, the only "requirement" for entering heaven is to accept Jesus as your Savior. And as long as there is true repentance on the person's part, it does not matter who they are or what they did previously.

I take issue with the "would his victims if not given the chance..." because everyone is given the chance. But if you do not accept Jesus, you do go to hell.

And while I sometimes enjoy all of the back and forth that I read in this forum, the above is all that matters, truly. Not trying to offend anyone that does not believe, please. Just that all the other falls away.

It boils down to this...Either you accept Jesus as your Savior and go to heaven or you refuse Him and go to hell.

no photo
Sat 08/30/08 05:59 PM
1. What time is it?
7:49 pm

2. What's your name?
Christina

3. What are you most afraid of?
Snakes

4. What is the most recent movie that you have seen in a theater?
I know this one, I'm sure.

5. Place of birth.
Austin, Texas

6. Favorite food?
Mexican

7. What's your natural hair color?.
Light Brown

8. Who is the last person you spoke to on the phone?
My mom

9. Ever been toilet papering?
No

10.Love someone so much it made you cry?
Yes

11. Been in a car accident?
Yes

12. Croutons or bacon bits?
Croutons

13. Favorite day of the week?
Any day I don't have to work

14. Favorite Restaurant?
the original Ninfa's

15. Favorite flower?
Tulips

16. Favorite sport to watch?
UT Longhorn football

17. Favorite Drink?
Iced tea

18. Favorite ice cream?
Baskin-Robbins' Rocky Road

19. Disney or Warner bros?
Disney

20. Favorite fast food restaurant?
Taco Cabana

21. What color is your bedroom carpet?
Light tan

22. How many times you failed your driver's test?
Written-none, driving-once

23. Before this one, what thread did you last respond to?
I think it was about which college football team you support

24. What do you do most often when you are bored?
Read

25. Bedtime?
These days, all over the map

26. Who is the person that you are most curious to see their responses?
E-train

27. Favorite TV show?
I don't have one

28. What are you listening to right now?
The Alabama/Clemson game

29. What's your favorite color?
Blue

30. How many tattoos do you have?
None

31. What would you like to accomplish/do before you die?
Know that I made a difference in someone's life

no photo
Fri 08/29/08 01:53 AM
Just one? Well, he better stock up.:smile:

no photo
Wed 08/27/08 08:36 PM
The University of Texas Longhorns!:heart:

The Eyes of Texas are upon you
All the live long day;
You cannot get away;
Do not think you can escape them
From night 'til early in the morn;
'Til Gabriel blows his horn!

no photo
Wed 08/27/08 08:19 PM
Edited by clltx on Wed 08/27/08 08:19 PM
Well, looking at the women that have replied so far, I'm an Amazon.

I'm 5'8" and height matters to me. And I'm talking about a man being my height or taller. I'm taller than a lot of guys, it seems. And there is something funny about this site, because a lot of guys in my area seem to be 5'10", at least on their profile. Some of them lie!noway Is every guy in Houston the same height?

Sometimes I struggle with this "issue", because I don't want to rule someone out based on their height. A guy's height used to bother me more when I was younger, it's not as much of a concern now. I'm sure that makes me look shallow to some people, but oh, well. I don't think it's any different than some of the other dealbreakers I see on here.

And to the OP, you're cute enough that I'd ignore our height difference.:wink:

no photo
Sat 08/23/08 07:06 PM

How many profiles is this guy going to make, and how many times is he going to ask the same questions?noway noway noway

He starts a thread pretty much stating the exact same thing as he did in this one, and then doesn't bother to reply to anyone's remarks. And then the next day, he starts a new profile, asking the same question again. I don't get it???

Yep..he already posted in another thread last night (I think). I told him there that I had responded to him under a different username and he didn't take my advice, so I wasn't going to repeat myself.grumble

no photo
Sat 08/23/08 06:50 PM
Thanks for the warnings, I'll look over my shoulderscared

Thanks for the offered explanations, too.flowerforyou

no photo
Sat 08/23/08 06:43 PM

If I told you, well you would know!

Hmm...someone been looking at my profile?:wink:

no photo
Sat 08/23/08 06:31 PM
I met someone on here and have looked for their profile by searching for their username. It shows that their profile has been deactivated. I spoke with this person and they said that they had not deactivated their profile. They were able to get on the site and look at my profile, but could not send me an e-mail or IM.

How do you explain this? Is it something I have done? Something they have done? This is really puzzling.

no photo
Mon 08/11/08 08:02 AM
Ruth, thanks for posting this topic.

I've been wondering about this lately. I'm going to be sworn in this week and start working. I've been hesitant to tell any men that I've communicated with, since I didn't know how they might react.

no photo
Sun 08/10/08 11:07 AM
waving

Will you send me some gas money? :smile:

If I were still living in Dallas...

no photo
Sat 08/09/08 01:12 AM
In communication, there is a theory known as the "Halo Effect". :angel:
To boil it down, if I see someone as having an attractive (or "good") characteristic, then I automatically assign other attractive ("good") characteristics to them, regardless of whether I know them or have observed these characteristics. Keep in mind that the attractive characteristics are based on my perception of attractive.

So, in this situation, you look at these women, and based on what you do know about them, you attribute other characteristics based on that.

And there's the "Reverse Halo Effect"..but that's for another thread.devil

Previous 1