Community > Posts By > cownurse1957

cownurse1957's photo
Tue 06/10/08 08:36 AM
I come from Idaho, with a long family history to the people who came West and settled, I am a hunter and gun owner, when I was very young as my siblings were, we were educated, very well educated to guns, our guns were not hidden or locked up as there was no such thing in those days, they hung up on the wall
the one that may be used freguently, one of the rifles was kept loaded at all times, as we used it to protect livestock from predators or packs of domestic dogs. We did not have any handguns because they were farly useless for a clean one shot at either a predator or deer,elk,moose that we killed to sustain our family, I was always taught to kill as effienct as possible so NO animal suffered, as we were taught as much respect of the animal, whether they be food for the table or a dog that packed with other dogs for survival after being dumped from larger towns rurally. I have several friends that have bought hand guns for protection and thet and their souses have taught their children to not touch "Daddys" gun it is dangerous instead of teaching about guns, as was already mentioned that they are a tool with a use and how to check and see if a gun is loaded. they just want to have a gun for protection and not teach their children any thing about guns. "just leave it alone"
now that attitude didn't work with whiskey with me and it is reasonable with guns either, education is. Now before anyone thinks I am a "Redneck" gun fanatic I'm not in fact the NRA no longer sends me any material, because I don't subscribe to their thoughts about assault rifles, most reasonable hunters don't hunt with assault rifles, they are efficent for only one reason, "to kill other human". As far as having an efficent home protection firearm, a shotgun is much better, And to the comments about the 2nd amendmant being written for differant times, do they also think this way to old amendmants about unreasonable search and seizure, or freedom of religion

cownurse1957's photo
Tue 03/25/08 09:24 AM
I guess I'm out of nevert being married again,I have been married 5 times

cownurse1957's photo
Fri 03/14/08 09:57 AM
Well Fresh,
I checked all of the snowpack reports and we are above average statewide already, it can go ahead and be summer now, hopefully with some spring rains

cownurse1957's photo
Fri 03/14/08 09:53 AM
It was good for you to vent this, I believe you had what we say in AA as a God thing happen to you. God placing things in your life to let you remember and grow from, believe it, there is someone just perfect out there for you Good Luck

cownurse1957's photo
Fri 02/29/08 08:11 PM
Well I am here

cownurse1957's photo
Thu 02/28/08 08:10 PM
Hello ALL

cownurse1957's photo
Thu 02/28/08 11:23 AM
Cosmicgypsy,
I have learned in recovery that I am just 12 steps away from a drink on a daily basis,when I suffer the rejection that happens to all of us in this online dating, I always know the best thing to do is get out of myself and try to help some one else.
Myself I never had the experiences I perpetrated on my own family until after I got sober, I married another recovering alcoholic, everything was great for 7 years, I was in love like I never had been in my life, couldn't wait to get home from work to the love of life.
In 1997 while working in the ER, I started having the headache from hell,then developed left sided weak ness they Cat Scanned me and I had developed a brain bleed, I was rushed to surgery but had had a hemmorhagic stroke. They saved my life but I wound up in a wheelchair for a year.
Even after extensive therapy with which I regained the use of my legs albiet a small limp, I never did regain the use of my left hand though at all, within a year my wife started making excuses why she couldn't come home, late night meetings,phone calls late at night where she went to the bathroom to talk.
I ignored all of the signs for another year or so, until it got so bad for my own sanity, I kicked her out. I know you are thinking how does this pertain to me. Well my ex-wife started doing alcoholic behavior without drinking, and I managed to see the things I had done in former LTR's to good people.
Its like the old story, if you want to hear some one really scream, steal from a thief. I know you want to gently lead him to counseling, and yes if he has any brain cells left he would listen to you, go to rehab, get sober and have a great life. But you underestimate the insanity of the disease,most of the recovering drunks and addicts I know had to hit a personal bottom for them to experience the point where they gave there will and their life to the care of a higher power. I pray for him to find this and I pray for you also God Bless

cownurse1957's photo
Wed 02/27/08 10:08 PM
Cosmicgypsy,
We drunks never realize until and IF we get sober that we never had relationships,WE TOOK HOSTAGES, and when and IF we get sober and learn the pain and destruction we caused in the lives of the people who loved us, most of these relationships are beyond repair, I am sorry for your loss

cownurse1957's photo
Wed 02/27/08 06:50 PM
I forgot, you know how us over 50 men are

cownurse1957's photo
Wed 02/27/08 01:27 PM
Sorry for any inference made Fresh,I guess after losing my water early the last 2 years and watching my pasture and hay dry up and buying 150.00 a ton hay this winter has contributed to my poor attitude, Apoligies all artound

cownurse1957's photo
Wed 02/27/08 11:47 AM
Speaking as a recovering alcohilc whose buried his share of people and a lover of great words,this touched me very deeply
Thank you

cownurse1957's photo
Wed 02/27/08 11:28 AM
I just hope Fresh when you go to Palisades in August to waterski there is some water left

cownurse1957's photo
Wed 02/27/08 04:02 AM
Well finally a site, besides the Idaho thread, that I qualify for

cownurse1957's photo
Tue 02/26/08 10:59 AM
We still need some more snow up high ,so we will have plenty of water to irrigate with,then let me plant,then sunny

cownurse1957's photo
Tue 02/26/08 08:50 AM
Out here in the Wild,Wild West it isn't as much of a fashion statement sas keeping your lip warm while you're feeding cows

cownurse1957's photo
Tue 02/26/08 08:42 AM

all you men live too far away for me...

at least I'm, in the same State

cownurse1957's photo
Tue 02/26/08 07:57 AM

thanks

cownurse1957's photo
Tue 02/26/08 06:41 AM
Speaking of the Snake River, I live within a mile here on the river bottoms east of Roberts, Idaho have deer and moose in my yard frequently and years ago even helped on the potatoe museum in Blackfoot, Free Tators for out of Staters

cownurse1957's photo
Tue 02/26/08 06:24 AM
I have been married 5 times ( a long story) 3 of these divorces were totally my fault ( through my alcoholism, they had had enough) but to this day I don't feel like I am any more in tune with life or any more intelligent, in fact I feel I have more to learn than the next person.

cownurse1957's photo
Tue 02/26/08 06:16 AM
I have raised 11 kids over the years and realized a long time ago children need and even want boundaries, they also need consequences for violating these boundaries, but most of all when enforcing boundaries, its important that the child is told that you love them

Previous 1